Starfinder Playlist

CombatManager.setCustomDrop - event is executed twice

I am trying to create a custom on drop event on the Combat Tracker.
    The idea is that i can drag special tokens into the combat tracker actor, and add stuff to it (damage, etca)

So I am having an issue, and then to be safe, I checked this and it happens with CORERPG code also

Here is what i did:

- Clean CORERPG code

After that, I edited manager_combat2.lua, and did this:

function onInit()
    CombatManager.setCustomSort(CombatManager.sortfunc Standard);
    CombatManager.setCustomCombatReset(resetInit);
    CombatManager.setCustomDrop(onDropEvent);
    end

function onDropEvent(rSource, rTarget, draginfo)
    local sDragType = draginfo.getType();
    Debug.chat("onDropEvent");
    Debug.chat("rSource",rSource);
    Debug.chat("rTarget",rTarget);
    Debug.chat("draginfo",draginfo);
    end
    So, testing, I added a PC, and dragged a dice on it

The function is being called twice (check attached image)

error.PNG

I have no idea why this is happening, any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm not sure why it would be called twice; though you could use a Debug.printstack to review where it's being called from. One scenario is if there is an error; event scripts will be called twice by default.

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I'm not sure why it would be called twice; though you could use a Debug.printstack to review where it's being called from. One scenario is if there is an error; event scripts will be called twice by default.

JPG
    Thanks for the tip Moon Wizard.
    I could not really find out the issue, printstack didnt show much, but it is quite weird behaviour. I ended up creating a workaround, a counter to avoid the second ondrop.
    It only happens when on the ondrop in the combat tracker.

So, with the workaround, it is working now... i may investigate further and try to find what happens.
    It happens in corerpg, but i did test savageworlds and it doesnt happen there, but its combat tracker code has been changed a lot, so, i dont know

JPG
    Hey Moon Wizard, not sure if you are going to read this, but i found another interesting thing.

I did the same test on FGU, and CORE fgu does not have the same issue.

I believe it could be a bug on corerpg, since i did test on a clean code, but of course i am not the best on coding for FG...

I'm not seeing the double call when I drop a dice on the CT. Do you have an extension or ruleset that I could use to recreate?

Regards,
    JPG

I'm not seeing the double call when I drop a dice on the CT. Do you have an extension or ruleset that I could use to recreate?

Regards,
    JPG
    Here. This is just CoreRPG.pak unzipped, and I added the lines i described above, to scripts/manager_combat2.lua

(FGClassic)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lNY...ew?usp=sharing

There's an interesting behavior in the current script system where some events are called twice if they aren't handled (i.e. return true/false), but an event function is defined. I've never tracked it down, because it's usually not that hard to avoid. It seems like that is what is happening here.

I should probably change the CombatManager.onDropEvent to return true always; but I don't want to change it at this point, since I don't know what the repercussions might be.

For now, you can add a "return true" to the end of your custom onDropEvent function to stop it.

Regards,
    JPG

There's an interesting behavior in the current script system where some events are called twice if they aren't handled (i.e. return true/false), but an event function is defined. I've never tracked it down, because it's usually not that hard to avoid. It seems like that is what is happening here.

I should probably change the CombatManager.onDropEvent to return true always; but I don't want to change it at this point, since I don't know what the repercussions might be.

For now, you can add a "return true" to the end of your custom onDropEvent function to stop it.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks a lot Moon Wizard! I wouldve never found this out alone!

Thread Information