FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 20 of 36 First ... 10181920212230 ... Last
    New to all this but this is awesome and hilarious. Thanks!

Hey,

So I've updated the extension and gotten the bug fixed locally.
    I'll release it with the coming FG update, since it a few changes from that impacts the code.

Also in this will be support for 2E NPC types, since that's what my group is playing atm.
    I'd like to support more rulesets, but it's not really viable for me to purchase every monster compendium out there and investigate the naming pattern of all those NPC types.

So I've been tinkering a bit. Early stages yet, but thought some of you might have a bit of feedback.
    I want to integrate the extension into the encounters, so you manually can set individual flavor percent chances, and what type of flavors can be applied to the different NPC's.

So here's a screenshot of my tinkering. I'm not very far in yet, as I haven't done any of the UI stuff before and don't fully understand it yet. So this will definitely not be in the coming release. But probably in the one after that.

My idea here is that you can set chance at Default (as per general setting), None (don't want you carefully crafted eldritch evil to be Pleasantly shrimpy), or you can set a specific percentage for the individual NPC groups.
    The seven checkmarks represents the seven different sets that the extension can build flavors from:
    • Clothing (dapper baret)
    • Bodyparts (tattooed shoulders)
    • Hair (mangled pencil moustache)
    • Build (noticably short)
    • Behavior (bitter scream)
    • Fur (unmanageable fuzz)
    • Characteristic (broken nose)

Those seven checkmarks will probably be a small picture representing the flavor set, in an off / on state somehow. Hoping one of my graphic enabled friends can find time to help with that

Any thoughts on this? Changes? Additions? Good idea? Bad idea?

Regards,
    Tideturner
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think it's a good idea though i couldn't help you build it. Another thing i noticed is that the flavor percent resets when the tabletop is closed and later reopened. Otherwise I'm loving it. I'm sure my players will love it. Can't wait to see what you've got coming up!

Sounds like great changes! I always have to look before I actually show names to players or on stream, though. Unfortunately, there's one word in the list that while perfectly fine in itself is.....risky to let someone on a stream state or even people watching, so I have to change it every time it comes up before anyone sees it (hopefully). Otherwise, I love this extension and it really makes my players laugh, scratch their head or rejoice in trying to torture me based on the combination for the name.

This is one of my favorite extensions. We've literally guffawed at some of the names created. I'm a little bummed that it will only fully support 2E moving forward as I play 5E but I totally understand the reasoning. Thanks for giving our group a lot of chuckles!!

Hey and thanks,

@charmov
    That bug you mention is the exact bug that will be fixed with next release

@BaneTBC
    In the upcoming FG update there will be a way to read/write XML files to the campaign folder, I think. I'll see if I can use that so you can customize the list of words Naughty words or combinations of them can be super fun, but I can understand you wanting to get rid of them if you stream and such.

@Dax Doomslayer
    Ah. No 5E isn't going anywhere. Just that 2E NPC types was added on top of that. It also has PF1 types.

/Tideturner

Hi,

I'd love it if the extra granularity of options on the encounter page was additional to the basic percentage set in options rather than replacing it. So if nothing was ticked on the encounter then the default percentage would apply, but for special cases, or when I had time available during prep, I could make some more specific adjustments. I'd struggle to have to go through every encounter in a premade adventure to set stuff up that was until now just activated with a single toggle in 'options'.

I really love this extension, as do my players, and look forward to hopefully continuing to employ it going forwards.

Cheers, and thanks for all your work,

Simon

Hi Ludd_G,

Yes I fully agree
    This would be to adjust the flavors on an encounter or a specific NPC. If left untouched, the default settings will be used.

Regards,
    Tideturner

Tip-top!

Quote Originally Posted by Tideturner View Post
    Hey,

So I've updated the extension and gotten the bug fixed locally.
    I'll release it with the coming FG update, since it a few changes from that impacts the code.

Also in this will be support for 2E NPC types, since that's what my group is playing atm.
    I'd like to support more rulesets, but it's not really viable for me to purchase every monster compendium out there and investigate the naming pattern of all those NPC types.

So I've been tinkering a bit. Early stages yet, but thought some of you might have a bit of feedback.
    I want to integrate the extension into the encounters, so you manually can set individual flavor percent chances, and what type of flavors can be applied to the different NPC's.

So here's a screenshot of my tinkering. I'm not very far in yet, as I haven't done any of the UI stuff before and don't fully understand it yet. So this will definitely not be in the coming release. But probably in the one after that.

My idea here is that you can set chance at Default (as per general setting), None (don't want you carefully crafted eldritch evil to be Pleasantly shrimpy), or you can set a specific percentage for the individual NPC groups.
    The seven checkmarks represents the seven different sets that the extension can build flavors from:
    • Clothing (dapper baret)
    • Bodyparts (tattooed shoulders)
    • Hair (mangled pencil moustache)
    • Build (noticably short)
    • Behavior (bitter scream)
    • Fur (unmanageable fuzz)
    • Characteristic (broken nose)

Those seven checkmarks will probably be a small picture representing the flavor set, in an off / on state somehow. Hoping one of my graphic enabled friends can find time to help with that

Any thoughts on this? Changes? Additions? Good idea? Bad idea?

Regards,
    Tideturner
    I like the idea but I think you may be overthinking this? Users should already have the percent setting they want as default, right? So all you really need is a way to turn this off for a Boss. You might just consider one check box to cause an encounter group to have 0 chance of flavor, or you could even just set things to have 0 chance of flavor when an encounter group only has 1 monster.

Thread Information