DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Sidebar will not load. Gives error.

Pardon me if this should be posted somewhere else. I am still a novice at all of this. I can't get the sidebar to load when I load 2nd edition ruleset however. I tested on other rulesets 5e, DCC, C&C etc and all loaded a sidebar. 2E does not. When I try to go to options and load it I get this error.

[2/27/2021 10:25:47 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:445: attempt to index local 'vCtrl' (a userdata value)

Anyone know what might be happening? ELI5.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker73 View Post
    Pardon me if this should be posted somewhere else. I am still a novice at all of this. I can't get the sidebar to load when I load 2nd edition ruleset however. I tested on other rulesets 5e, DCC, C&C etc and all loaded a sidebar. 2E does not. When I try to go to options and load it I get this error.

[2/27/2021 10:25:47 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:445: attempt to index local 'vCtrl' (a userdata value)

Anyone know what might be happening? ELI5.
    What are you doing to get that error?
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    What are you doing to get that error?
    Well there is no sidebar. So I checked options preferences, and tried to see if I clicked on the sidebar options etc if it would load it. So I would click on off various things hoping it would load. If I try to adjust anything on sidebar I get that error. There is no sidebar when the game loads. The Sidebar loads on other games in unity however just not on 2E.

So I I have fixed it. Apparently it was set to default as "menus" and not sidebar...it was in the top left. I did not change it this is how 2E started for me by default. I Changed that to sidebar and it looks like I am used to in other games. Now if I adjust sidebar it does not give the error.

Apparently it was set to default as "menus" and not sidebar...it was in the top left.
    I'm still a bit confused as to how you were generating errors. If I can figure out how you are doing that and can replicate I can write code to generate a message to give folks a better idea how to resolve it. Far as I am aware the only "sidebar options" outside of the menu/bar setting is this and I am not able to get console errors from it with or without the right bar enabled.

Here is a previous discussion on setting the menu/bar option.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

The errors came through when I had it set to your new menu and tried to edit the sidebar.....I guess because there was no sidebar to edit.

I didn't realize you had set menu system like that on purpose. Since posting all of this I have watched your video "AD&D 2E ruleset for Fantasy Grounds demo and Q&A." It's all clear to me now, and now I get it..and I have to say I do like your system better. Being used to using sidebar though I was confused when it started without it. I do think the way you have it set up though is more efficient!

The errors came through when I had it set to your new menu and tried to edit the sidebar.....I guess because there was no sidebar to edit.

I didn't realize you had set menu system like that on purpose. Since posting all of this I have watched your video "AD&D 2E ruleset for Fantasy Grounds demo and Q&A." It's all clear to me now, and now I get it..and I have to say I do like your system better. Being used to using sidebar though I was confused when it started without it. I do think the way you have it set up though is more efficient!
    What do you mean "edit" the sidebar? Mainly I'd like to know so I can have it display a message, not an error response.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    What do you mean "edit" the sidebar? Mainly I'd like to know so I can have it display a message, not an error response.
    Gotcha. So if you have it setup for your system with Menu Style selected as "Menus" at the start. Then go to preferences there is a button for sidebar. Click that and then try in anyway to alter the sidebar settings. That should generate the error or it does on mine. I didn't see the "menu style" selection. So I thought perhaps changing sidebar settings would get it to reload. I am still very newb on FG.

Gotcha. So if you have it setup for your system with Menu Style selected as "Menus" at the start. Then go to preferences there is a button for sidebar. Click that and then try in anyway to alter the sidebar settings. That should generate the error or it does on mine. I didn't see the "menu style" selection. So I thought perhaps changing sidebar settings would get it to reload. I am still very newb on FG.
    Thanks, just what I needed. Update will resolve that next Tuesday.
    ---

Thread Information