DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Bio Hacker creation help

Instinctive

You can quickly intuit the connections between things and often act instinctively on those connections, gaining knowledge and aptitude without always being able to say how you picked it up. Select two skills—once made, this choice cannot be changed. You gain a bonus rank in each of these two skills at every level, as well as a +1 insight bonus to checks using these skills. This bonus increases by 1 at 3rd level and every 4 levels thereafter. Additionally, you can add your Wisdom modifier instead of your Intelligence modifier to Life Science, Medicine, and Physical Science checks.

How do I account for this in character creation? Just picked up the character operations manual and trying to wrap my head around the character creation stuff before I allow my players to use it.

Bonus rank is the trickiest one, maybe the easiest way would be to simply spend the additional ranks (basically leading to FG complaining about 2 ranks per level too many in the skill rank overview).

Insight bonus is easy to add, just click on the pencil icon on the skills tab (top right), add it to the misc column and then click the pencil icon again (you may have to click a random column after the last misc bonus to force FG to update the values).

Wisdom modifier: If I remember correctly, simply clicking on the ability modifier box cycles through the ability scores. I don't think you have to click the pencil icon for this but haven't double-checked it.

The way I think it should work is that if you have the instinctive scientific method you would get two bonus ranks and you would go into the skill bonus editing window and select the skills that would be your free skills and they would automatically add the ranks like an operative. Probably needs work.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Has anyone figured out how to add the skill rank to 2 skills chosen from this yet? It works just like the operative 2 free skill ranks but the bio hacker can choose whatever 2 skills they want? I still have not figured out how to allow my players to choose the instinctive scientific method and apply the bonuses from it almost 5 months after this book came out. We are Almost done with the Dead Suns Campaign and we have a player that wants to play a biohacker with the instinctive Scientific method in the new campaign. I guess I can just keep adding the free ranks to the misc bonus but that seems like a hack.
    Last edited by msbranin; July 28th, 2020 at 19:44.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    The way I think it should work is that if you have the instinctive scientific method you would get two bonus ranks and you would go into the skill bonus editing window and select the skills that would be your free skills and they would automatically add the ranks like an operative. Probably needs work.
    This and yes you can choose any two skills you want.

Except it currently does not work that way which is why I am Asking again.

It does work for me...

ok I have the skills window open in edit mode. How are you selecting which skills they chose as their 2 free rank skills? and How are they going up automatically each level? I obviously missed something

Screenshot (146).png
    If you open up the edit mode, you get new tipboxes on the right that you can tick for the skills chosen (or wanted). This is a Operative but it works the same with any other class.

Screenshot (147).png
    Then it shows up in the overview like this

Tried that ..
    2020-07-28 (1).png

When I go out of edit mode they still do not have the free ranks

2020-07-28.png

Thread Information