FG Spreadshirt Swag

Latest Update broke search

The latest update which just downloaded for me 11.15.19 has disabled search. Now when I go into MAPS and type in a partial name of a map it does nothing. Not sure if this works or not on things other than maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    The latest update which just downloaded for me 11.15.19 has disabled search. Now when I go into MAPS and type in a partial name of a map it does nothing. Not sure if this works or not on things other than maps.
    The search will be triggered after you hit Enter now (was changed, the patch notes are here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...atchnotes.html)

I wonder why though.. it was quicker and easier o.o

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    I wonder why though.. it was quicker and easier o.o
    Mainly for Unity. Since all your images/portraits/tokens are now available from every module you have even if it isn’t open it makes sense to not start the search until you press enter.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    For Unity, and in the other thread started today on this topic Doug gives an in depth explanation. In short,it allows you to do combination searches rather than just straight string searches. i.e in 3.3.8 you could only search for a string like "dwarf fighter" which would not return "Fighter, Dwarf". But with the new search tool you can, or soon will be able to, you will be able to search on "dwarf, 9, fighter" and return "dwarf", and "9" and "fighter".

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    For Unity, and in the other thread started today on this topic Doug gives an in depth explanation. In short,it allows you to do combination searches rather than just straight string searches. i.e in 3.3.8 you could only search for a string like "dwarf fighter" which would not return "Fighter, Dwarf". But with the new search tool you can, or soon will be able to, you will be able to search on "dwarf, 9, fighter" and return "dwarf", and "9" and "fighter".
    Uuuh, okay, that is really nice when this gets implemented, I thought this is only implemented for the asset view in FGU

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Uuuh, okay, that is really nice when this gets implemented, I thought this is only implemented for the asset view in FGU
    Not from what Doug said in the other thread. But, maybe I misconstrued it. Let me see if I can find a link...

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    You can still do that, but you have to hit enter or click the search button if you want to see filtered results along the way. This is a necessary step to get FG to do less throw-away work. Searching for everything containing an I is expensive and time-consuming. "IC" is a little better but still not ideal. When most GMs mostly want to see everything with "ICE", it makes sense to wait until they've done that much before initiating the expensive search operation. The cost for this search is currently higher within FGU for a reason we have yet to identify, so it was put in place mainly for that. On the plus side, it opens up the door to do other cool things with search such as supporting multiple keywords in the same search. Previously, there was no way to search for dwarf and fighter together or sword and +3. You could only search for contiguous search terms. Now, you can search for dwarf, fighter and have it return: Dwarf (fighter) L12, Fighter-dwarf-2, Dwarf Raging Fighter, etc.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post463136

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Thank you Sounds very promising (though it seems not to be implemented in FGC or FGU yet (tested for NPCs in 3.5e), but maybe later as you said )

Thread Information