FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 81 of 150 First ... 3171798081828391131 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by Elaster View Post
    I am a total Newb. I have the Gurps 4 edition books. How do I get set up for a game ? If anyone has a Link as to How to set up, I'd appreciate it.
    Welcome! It's late for me and I'm on cold meds right now, so I'm a bit sleepy. I'll give more complete responses to any further questions later on.

Sorry, but there's no link. Go back to the start of this thread and give it a read. Download the Gurps Ruleset (post #1 in this thread) and put it in your Fantasy Grounds ruleset folder.

You can use GCA (Gurps Character Assistant) to create and export characters into FG (Fantasy Grounds), by putting the GCA export files (post #1) into your GCA folder, or you can also input stuff manually. There is a video of the process floating around, and I'll point you to tomorrow if no one has beaten me to it by then.

You can also export character sheets from GCS (Gurps Character Sheet) , but this is a relatively new option. There is a video about this as well.

Thank you for your reply. I currently have GCA4. I am trying to familiarize myself with How it works. On the video it says to select " Export to Fantasy Grounds" from the export tab in GCA4,...but.. that is not on my install of GCA 4. I imagine I need to add that into GCA's folder. I am still pretty confused as even if I wished to export the character manually to GCA files,..I haveno idea where to place them. I also have the GCA exporter files,...but again,...no idea where in gcafolder they would go.

so to sum up...

1. How do I set up GCA so that "Export to fantasy grounds" is an option.
    2. where in GCA files would I manually place GCA character files
    and
    3. where in GCA folder do I Place the Export PC to Fantasy Grounds.gce file ?

Your help is appreciated

Nix that,... figured it out :-)
    Last edited by Elaster; January 5th, 2020 at 00:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaster View Post
    Nix that,... figured it out :-)
    I was just about to hit return on a reply when i saw your edit! Let me/us know if you have any other questions. You should also watch some of the videos put out by ronnke, the first being linked in the first post of this thread.

Note that there has also been some recent additions made by a couple of other authors besides ronnke. One of the more helpful should be the ability to create drag and dropable items.

Howdy, folks!

I was curious -- it's been just over two years since any mention of even the possibility of official SJG support. Was there ever any progress there? Completely dried up? Or maybe just can't comment publicly?
    How to Be a GURPS GM, author
    Game Geekery, Blog (GURPS combat examples, fillable PDF sheets, rules summaries, campaigns and one-shots, intro for beginners)
    Discord, unofficial GURPS hangout and real-time chat

I have no official information, just what Ronnke shared with me earlier last year, he is still in contact with SJG. A few of us have made additions (and offers of additions) to the core ruleset, and it is still a work in progress (although farther along than when you played it last... I saw the video (from both angles ;-) ). I think the FG-Unity kickstarter may be putting a damper on progress, as the last post from Ronnke indicated that he was trying to fix errors for that.

But I have high hopes for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMookNet View Post
    Howdy, folks!

I was curious -- it's been just over two years since any mention of even the possibility of official SJG support. Was there ever any progress there? Completely dried up? Or maybe just can't comment publicly?
    Unfortunately, there has been no progress towards official support, at least they have not mentioned anything to myself in that regard.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Thanks, Ronnke -- sorry to hear that, but I appreciate the update.

I've had time recently to fiddle with FG more, really looking forward to FGU and a year of GURPSin'!
    Game Geekery, Blog (GURPS combat examples, fillable PDF sheets, rules summaries, campaigns and one-shots, intro for beginners)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMookNet View Post
    Thanks, Ronnke -- sorry to hear that, but I appreciate the update.

I've had time recently to fiddle with FG more, really looking forward to FGU and a year of GURPSin'!
    On the bright side, they have expressed no issues with the community supported ruleset and continue grant permission to develop it further....Of which there will be a new release later today.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    On the bright side, they have expressed no issues with the community supported ruleset and continue grant permission to develop it further....Of which there will be a new release later today.
    Oooh, you don't say!? EGGS-cellent.

Ronnke, did I hear update? My God, where where !?
    What will we have to change!?!?

Thread Information