DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 87 of 281 First ... 3777858687888997137187 ... Last
    Hey Sevrick,

I decided on uploading the new version, even without the vehicle combat, because I think it will be specially useful for you, while you edit content to your modules.

Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    Will the Star Wars library be ported over as well? That's what I'm currently playing.
    Yes
    Sevrick is working on that

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Hey Sevrick,

I decided on uploading the new version, even without the vehicle combat, because I think it will be specially useful for you, while you edit content to your modules.
    Sounds good. I am almost done with the Edge of the Empire Core. I will upload the 3 core rulebooks 1st, then alternate adding supplements to them.

Also I noticed a couple of things. The Lightside and Darkforce die symbol is really small. I think it would be better if it was about the same size as force die. The failure and success look a little small too. Also there is no force die. Meaning the symbol used for commiting a force die. The Proficency I guess could double as the same symbol, but I guess without color not much can be done.
    Last edited by sevrick; October 27th, 2020 at 13:33.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Sounds good. I am almost done with the Edge of the Empire Core. I will upload the 3 core rulebooks 1st, then alternate adding supplements to them.

Also I noticed a couple of things. The Lightside and Darkforce die symbol is really small. I think it would be better if it was about the same size as force die. The failure and success look a little small too. Also there is no force die. Meaning the symbol used for commiting a force die. The Proficency I guess could double as the same symbol, but I guess without color not much can be done.

That sounds great.

About the dice symbols: I will work on them to make them bigger for next release then.

You said there is no force die, what do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    That sounds great.

About the dice symbols: I will work on them to make them bigger for next release then.

You said there is no force die, what do you mean?
    In the books a white octagon represents a force die anywhere a force power says Commit a force die. You can see this in the Enhance Force power tree. Now that being said a yellow octagon represents Proficiency dice.

As it stands now there is only a white octagon symbol which says is Proficiency. Untill we are able to add color you could just use the same symbol for both and rely on context. I think I remember you saying you were haveing trouble with getting color on the symbols?
    Last edited by sevrick; October 27th, 2020 at 16:02.

In the books a white octagon represents a force die anywhere a force power says Commit a force die. You can see this in the Enhance Force power tree. Now that being said a yellow octagon represents Proficiency dice.

As it stands now there is only a white octagon symbol which says is Proficiency. Untill we are able to add color you could just use the same symbol for both and rely on context. I think I remember you saying you were haveing trouble with getting color on the symbols?
    I had an idea, and went to check how formatted texts work:
    Unfortunatelly there is no current way to create symbols with different colors.

Code:
    			<char_notes type="formattedtext">
    				<h></h>
    				<h>Special character codes</h>
    				<p>Use this special code and text will automatically replace with Genesys Symbols or Dice Symbols</p>
    				<p></p>
    				<p><b>Symbols:</b></p>
    				<p>ÿ - ÿ - Success</p>
    				<p>þ - þ - Triumph</p>
    				<p>ý - ý - Failure</p>
    				<p>ü - ü - Threat</p>
    				<p>û - û - Advantage</p>
    				<p>ú - ú - Despair</p>
    				<p></p>
    				<p><b>Dice Symbols</b></p>
    				<p>ö - ö - ability die</p>
    				<p>õ - õ - difficulty die</p>
    				<p>ô - ô - proficiency die</p>
    				<p>ó - ó - challenge</p>
    				<p>ò - ò - boost</p>
    				<p>ñ - ñ - setback</p>
    			</char_notes>
    For example looking above, that is how internally the formatted text is stored..... it does not contain any color info.
    I will see if there is any workaround, will let you know, but didnt want to raise your hopes

For now unfortunatelly, in order to differenciate from [P] Proficiency (white hexagonal symbol) we use the [F] symbol for Force Dice, which is a half white, half black circle

EDIT: yeah no way around it, who knows in the future FG enhances this allowing for color, but not now
    Last edited by johniba; October 27th, 2020 at 17:12.

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever tried altering the actual 3D dice that get rolled in the game to look like Genesys dice?

Quote Originally Posted by VioletTendency View Post
    Out of curiosity, has anyone ever tried altering the actual 3D dice that get rolled in the game to look like Genesys dice?
    Ah yeah unfortunatelly that is not possible as the dice are hardcoded into FantasyGrounds... Who knows, maybe in the future they could implement something, it would be awsome

That's ok proficiency as a symbol is very rare. In fact the only real place I see it is when describing the core dice mechanic.

[Looks at his avatar]

"This is the way."

Thread Information