STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Module not loading?

I've taken the BRP X ruleset basically copied it and mixed it with the example extension to create my own. It has a library portion that has been showing up but after one of the recent updates the extension library piece isnt showing up on the clients machine.

When they look in the module section it shows the BRP Game System X and my extension. Both show, but not in the library. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I could fix this?
    Attachment 19562

As the player to double-click on the BRP book cover graphic in the Module Activation screen for each module. This usually opens the module.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Doing that will open the original, but not the modified one.

If you have two modules with the same name, then one will overwrite the other, and there's no way to specify which order. Each module must have a unique name.

Regards,
    JPG

Are you saying that if the player double-clicks on the icon graphic for "Fall of Dunai BRP" nothing happens?

How big is this .mod file? If you wait 10 minutes does it work? (i.e. taken time to download to the player)

Try it a few times - double-click on the BRP book cover for the module, wait a few seconds and see if it opens in the library, then double-click again, wait a few seconds...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Additionally - does the GM see the data in their library OK? Could you provide a screenshot showing the GM side?

I'll give it another shot, but I tried waiting as you recommended previously with no success. the folder is 55MB due to a large token file (50MB).

I think I changed the name, but to be sure, where is that in the files?

Quote Originally Posted by flekhabren View Post
    I'll give it another shot, but I tried waiting as you recommended previously with no success. the folder is 55MB due to a large token file (50MB).
    That's pretty big for a module that gets shared with the players. It could well be taking it's time downloading and trying to process. Plus, tokens in a module won't be visible to the players - so I'd recommend moving them to a GM module (one you don't share with the players).

If you want the players to see tokens then put them in the <FG app data>\tokens\shared directory - but don't have too many as they take up resources. 50MB sounds a lot for tokens - how many do you have? What dimensions are they? What file size is each token?

its largely for monsters and NPCs,
    I user a program called tokentool, most of the tokens are 256x256, ~150kb, some are 128x128, ~30kb

115 of them are various monsters, the rest are NPCs or generic races

50MB is still quite large for tokens, and most definitely should not be in a module you're sharing with the players.

Thread Information