FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Thread: MGT2 v1.2.1

MGT2 v1.2.1

Evening Folks,

Now that v1.2.0 has been released, the focus on this version is a quick turn around to fix any bugs reported and continue supporting more from the High Guard book.

• Optional Characteristics. Add support for the Territory (for Pirates/Aliens Vol 1) - Only applies to Aslan, but allow all others from the Traveller Companion, Wealth, Luck, Sanity and Morale
    • Tactics (Military). Any character with this skill will have the skill added to the Misc Skill section on the Actions Tab. This can be used in the CT. If you have the skill before upgrading to this version, you'll need to remove it/re-add it
    • Miscellaneous Equipment. Aliens Vol 1 have 'Weapon Carriers' for the K'Kree, I've decided these should go under a new Misc Equipment (record type 13) as they don't do anything ruleswise
    • Quests button renamed to Missions (thanks Xargun)
    • Crafts button renamed to Vehicles
    • Spacecraft Weapon Damage/Weapons Damage. All weapons showing damage without the '6', ie '3D' now roll 3d6. If the weapon was 3DD they behave as they did before
    • Updated the function used to add SCT button, hope this works with the better menus extension.
    • Fixed the issue with PSI Abilities throwing an error on FGU and not showing the abilities

Core Rulebook
    • [Added] Trade Goods. New Data, Trade Goods has been added, this will be used for Trade as soon as I can get Cargo working

Player Reference
    • [Added] Trade Goods. New Data, Trade Goods has been added, this will be used for Trade as soon as I can get Cargo working

High Guard
    • [Fixed] All weapons now correctly show the right 'damage dice'.

But as usual post away.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; February 9th, 2021 at 16:54.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Will we be able to assign characters to positions on the ship and then with a click of button roll the appropriate skill checks? Assign Aleksi to the Pilot position. And while on the ship sheet, he (or anyone) can click on a pilot button and it will roll the check using Aleksi's skills and stats ?

Xargun

Quote Originally Posted by Xargun View Post
    Will we be able to assign characters to positions on the ship and then with a click of button roll the appropriate skill checks? Assign Aleksi to the Pilot position. And while on the ship sheet, he (or anyone) can click on a pilot button and it will roll the check using Aleksi's skills and stats ?

Xargun
    Hi Chap,

Yes, the plan is to assign characters to positions on a ship. So that when certain rolls are made, the modifiers are all known. It's going to be a busy few months.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi Chap,

Yes, the plan is to assign characters to positions on a ship. So that when certain rolls are made, the modifiers are all known. It's going to be a busy few months.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Excellent Thanks for all the hard work. If you lived in Ohio I'd buy you a pint or two.

Xargun

Excellent Thanks for all the hard work. If you lived in Ohio I'd buy you a pint or two.

Xargun
    That's ace of you.

Do you travel to GenCon at all? I'm hoping to be there in 2021 and I'd buy all the players a pint!

Cheers,
    MBM

That's ace of you.

Do you travel to GenCon at all? I'm hoping to be there in 2021 and I'd buy all the players a pint!

Cheers,
    MBM
    I have not been to GenCon since the early 2000's - not since it moved to Indianapolis. I could probably head over for a day or two since its only about a 3hr drive. But a lot of that will depend on the pandemic and so forth. Would be nice for us all to meet up and just shoot the **** for a few hours.

Xargun

I have not been to GenCon since the early 2000's - not since it moved to Indianapolis. I could probably head over for a day or two since its only about a 3hr drive. But a lot of that will depend on the pandemic and so forth. Would be nice for us all to meet up and just shoot the **** for a few hours.

Xargun
    I concur that would be a fantastic afternoon/evening.

MBM you do great work. I've not been on the forums much since returning to work full time at the office but you sir are a gem. I hope the company compensates you well for all your dedication to we, the fans.

Have a great week. I will download High Guard this week when it drops. Counting the hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvesr View Post
    I concur that would be a fantastic afternoon/evening.

MBM you do great work. I've not been on the forums much since returning to work full time at the office but you sir are a gem. I hope the company compensates you well for all your dedication to we, the fans.

Have a great week. I will download High Guard this week when it drops. Counting the hours.
    Hi Sylvesr,

Nice to hear from you again. Sorry to hear that time is not your friend. I know that feeling, though things have stablised here on that front.

As for GenCon. I went in 2017 and was due to go this year but.... so I'm hoping to go next year. It's 5,000 miles and around 10 hours of flying and crossing the atlantic, but I had such a wonderful time, and maybe next year I could get Mongoose involved and get some games running....

Cheers,
    MBM

Hi Sylvesr,

Nice to hear from you again. Sorry to hear that time is not your friend. I know that feeling, though things have stablised here on that front.

As for GenCon. I went in 2017 and was due to go this year but.... so I'm hoping to go next year. It's 5,000 miles and around 10 hours of flying and crossing the atlantic, but I had such a wonderful time, and maybe next year I could get Mongoose involved and get some games running....

Cheers,
    MBM
    Get Mongoose to sponsor you so they can pay for your trip Or have them setup a booth and run some games to increase awareness. Does Smiteworks run a booth there ?

Xargun

Expanded Characteristics - Wonderful news.

Is it possible to have the Finances Section modified into a scrollable section in the same manner as the inventory? This would stop us from having a place for a mortgage or medical debt when we don't have either.
    In the core book, there are Cr, KCr and MCr which are all fine and good in the Imperium, but, there are also the ZhoCr, ZhoKCr and ZhoMCr (Zhodoni consulate), not to mention the Darrion currency, SwordWorlder etc.
    For someone who is trading in say, the fivesisters subsector, they are dealing with four or more currencies as a matter of coarse and need to get them exchanged.
    There are also ship shares where are effectively a type of currency.
    There is different types of debt, etc.
    Also, the odds are that the characters may have it in different locations instead of carrying it around. There is also the issue of digital vs physical currency.

I came across this as my players are right now trying to find a way to launder Darrian currency through the banks on Idereti and there is no place to keep track of any of this in the system.
    Perhaps a new tab or a custom "Budget" form that can be pulled up or ignored by those who prefer a more abstract game using the wealth characteristic.

So an Amount (integer), A type (string, needing to be defined someplace ie ZhoCr) A Location (credstick/bank/physical - needs to be defined somewhere) a flag (Debt or not) and a note (string)

In regards to the "Addtional Information" section, there are items I would like to see (I can provide tables for generating all of this stuff)

Species or Sophant(instead of race)
    Sub-Group (instead of gender - Traveller 5 and by extension Mongoose with the support of the Droyne, has at least 6 genders, while other groups have a single gender but distinct sub-groups) An example could be "Vilani Female" or "Imperial Male" - Free form
    Height in cm
    Weight in kg
    Body Type (Mesomorph/Ectomorph/Endomorph/Normal) (the Species would determine what builds are available)
    Body Shape (Emaciated/Skinny/Underweight/Below Average/Average/Above Average/Overweight/Extreamly Overweight/Obese)
    BirthDate
    HomeWorld
    Age and LifeStage (Infant/Child/Teen/Young Adult/Adult/Peak/Mid-Life/Senior/Elder/Retirement) ie 32 (Peak)
    Description (ie "Shimmering Brown Scales with Diamond Pattern" or "Pale Alebaster Flesh with White Hair and Pink Eyes" )

All of this information has been supported in Traveller over the various editions.variations over the years and having a block of descriptive text would be great (picture would be better, but, sadly that is limited to the standard small portrait or icon)

Thread Information