FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 18 of 21 First ... 81617181920 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterno View Post
    v1.24

- Fixed some instances of the extension trying to override code that had been moved/refactored in the 2E ruleset, causing it not to work correctly. Affected whether or not HP kickers worked, among other things. Honestly had potentially some pretty far reaching effects and there could still be seemingly-random issues related to this.
    Appreciate the update.

HP Kickers do seem to be working for size-based and the general one. However, the kickers apply regardless of whether HP is random or not (e.g. Hit Points field is set to 5, but medium creature has 25 hp when added to the CT).

Not game breaking for me at this point, because I can work around it, but I thought you might take a look the next time you get around to making updates.

Edit: So if the Hit Points field in the Encounter is modified, the HP Kicker is not applied.
    Last edited by Tenebris; November 27th, 2022 at 03:16.

G'day all. I don't know whether this is the best place to ask, but here goes.
    I use the C&T initiative system and have found after playtesting that the NPC's never get accelerated/slowed Initiative phases.
    Also I can't see how the PCs (since they roll individually) can get accelerated/slowed Initiative phases either.
    I know I can do it manually, but wanted to check:
    A/ If automation for the accelerated/slowed Initiative phases is a thing
    B/ I had missed something to enable it?
    Cheers
    Amazing extension by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Maldev View Post
    G'day all. I don't know whether this is the best place to ask, but here goes.
    I use the C&T initiative system and have found after playtesting that the NPC's never get accelerated/slowed Initiative phases.
    Also I can't see how the PCs (since they roll individually) can get accelerated/slowed Initiative phases either.
    I know I can do it manually, but wanted to check:
    A/ If automation for the accelerated/slowed Initiative phases is a thing
    B/ I had missed something to enable it?
    Cheers
    Amazing extension by the way
    Well, I know it had been working a year and a half ago when I was using it. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if something was broken with it due to underlying changes at this point, though. I can't test ATM because I've currently got the tool uninstalled.

That said, it was pretty common for players to go on the same initiative phase every round for a given weapon, because the only way it would change is if the group initiative was a 1 (in which case they all go one phase slower) or a 10 (in which case they all go one phase faster).

The individual initiative "rolls" aren't really rolls... they're basically just informing the system what spell you're casting or weapon type you're using so it can figure out your speed. The only "real" roll that happens under the phased system is a group roll. One way to test if it's working at all is to equip a character with a two-handed sword and a dagger. See if the phases are different if they use one weapon vs the other (assuming your weapons properly have weapon speed set up). The two-handed sword should land in a later phase unless you happen to roll a 10 for initiative that round.

Read this for more details: https://github.com/drplote/FG-2e-Pla...ics-initiative

If you still think it's broken after reading that, then sadly, it probably is. I can try to take a look in the near future.
    Last edited by Sterno; December 2nd, 2022 at 12:23.

Thanks for the reply
    I had read the link you shared, which indicates that it used to roll a d10 for each side for ties and phase adjustments on a 1 or 10
    I'm just not sure how parts of it are working....
    As I understand the C&T rules
    A/ Both sides roll initiative: Determining who goes first in each phase and whether either side gets a phase boost/penalty.
    I don't see a d10 result for either side
    - So I don't know whether either side has a phase penalty or bonus, nor can I tell who goes first on a tie for each phase.
    That's how it is working at the moment anyway.
    I don't see a way of doing this anywhere.
    Regards.
    As i said above, the extension was/is great, until as you pointed out updates etc may have upset it .
    Unless of course I have missed something, which is entirely possible.

Thanks for the reply
    I had read the link you shared, which indicates that it used to roll a d10 for each side for ties and phase adjustments on a 1 or 10
    I'm just not sure how parts of it are working....
    As I understand the C&T rules
    A/ Both sides roll initiative: Determining who goes first in each phase and whether either side gets a phase boost/penalty.
    I don't see a d10 result for either side
    - So I don't know whether either side has a phase penalty or bonus, nor can I tell who goes first on a tie for each phase.
    That's how it is working at the moment anyway.
    I don't see a way of doing this anywhere.
    Regards.
    As i said above, the extension was/is great, until as you pointed out updates etc may have upset it .
    Unless of course I have missed something, which is entirely possible.
    After some extensive playing around in game and testing, I use normal 2E initiative, with delaying/changing initiative manually. Works fine.
    The other automation/options are terrific!
    Thanks again for all your work.

Does anyone use the Morale option?
    I have played around with it and couldn't get any morale checks made by monsters.
    It always comes up with

Morale Check Results:
    --------------------
    did not require check: '','',''
    --------------------

It worked for our game the last time I used it. It has been a few sessions though, more storytelling lately.

Will try to create a situation that needs it this week.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

Quote Originally Posted by anstett View Post
    It worked for our game the last time I used it. It has been a few sessions though, more storytelling lately.

Will try to create a situation that needs it this week.
    Cheers

Blog Entries
    Does anyone use the Morale option?
    I have played around with it and couldn't get any morale checks made by monsters.
    It always comes up with

Morale Check Results:
    --------------------
    did not require check: '','',''
    --------------------
    I believe the Morale function was not actually fully completed as originally envisioned. That said, it does work in an informational sense.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    I believe the Morale function was not actually fully completed as originally envisioned. That said, it does work in an informational sense.
    OK. Thanks for that. It can be good as a reminder..
    Cheers

Thread Information