DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxen007 View Post
    I have found that when I load in the encounter, or drop in a monster from the NPC menu, they load in with 0 HP, and all their actions, traits are blank in the combat tracker.
    I'm seeing this too. I am on the test server so I don't know if that makes a difference or not. Additionally it would appear to ignore some characters that are on the CT altogether. I can't reproduce this consistently. I'll do some more testing.

Edit: Ok did some more testing. new Campaign, imported a couple of PCs and added them to the CT. The extension didn't register their presence on the CT in any way. Added in an encounter from SKT. and the NPCs were added to the CT but without any hp or attacks etc. I gave the two NPCs different dice (one a d4 and the other a d8) and then rolled initiative. Both NPCs rolled 16 which is clearly wrong. Of course I may well be misunderstanding how this works but I assume that initiative is rolled in the normal way from the Menu on the CT. I couldn't find any other way to roll the initiative. When I joined my own game I could then select the two PCs and give them dice but I couldn't find a way to roll their initiative from the player side. As it happened the NPCs rolled low and went 1st and second but then when I moved the CT on after the second NPC it jumped to the PC with the highest roll missing out the PC with the lowest roll. It then jumped to the 1st PC with the lowest roll. I suspect that the test version has changed something which may well be causing these issues.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; July 29th, 2017 at 11:22.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I'll look into it. Though I've noticed that the order the CT goes through things when entries have no initiative isn't the same as they are listed, which seems odd since all I do is reverse the sort order. I'm not sure what it evaluates when going to the Next Actor if not the order of the windows in the windowlist.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I'm seeing this too. I am on the test server so I don't know if that makes a difference or not. Additionally it would appear to ignore some characters that are on the CT altogether. I can't reproduce this consistently. I'll do some more testing.

Edit: Ok did some more testing. new Campaign, imported a couple of PCs and added them to the CT. The extension didn't register their presence on the CT in any way. Added in an encounter from SKT. and the NPCs were added to the CT but without any hp or attacks etc. I gave the two NPCs different dice (one a d4 and the other a d8) and then rolled initiative. Both NPCs rolled 16 which is clearly wrong. Of course I may well be misunderstanding how this works but I assume that initiative is rolled in the normal way from the Menu on the CT. I couldn't find any other way to roll the initiative. When I joined my own game I could then select the two PCs and give them dice but I couldn't find a way to roll their initiative from the player side. As it happened the NPCs rolled low and went 1st and second but then when I moved the CT on after the second NPC it jumped to the PC with the highest roll missing out the PC with the lowest roll. It then jumped to the 1st PC with the lowest roll. I suspect that the test version has changed something which may well be causing these issues.
    You don't roll initiative the usual way, you double click the dice that show up in the bottom of the old school initiative window. It will then roll them and you will see dialog in the chat window to confirm the initiative roll.

Attachment 19990

My players really enjoy this new initiative system. Even the Rogue, who now almost always goes last. My sorcerer isn't digging this... yet.

It is a bit more work up front for the DM. The combat took longer in our game, but the last combat was moving faster. I was taking more time thinking about the actions of each NPC. It did force me to read through their spells and attacks to decide what I wanted to do before rolling their initiative. It made for a more challenging combat for the PCs. I will keep using this system for a few more games then we will all decide on it.

I wish fantasy grounds rolled dice faster, maybe its just me, but it takes a long time for the dice to register that I double clicked them and they roll very slowly in the dice tray. I can definitely roll faster with my real dice. It also lags when I am arranging windows on the desktop. The more story windows I have open, the worse it is. I can't see why this would be so. This is not a graphic intense activity.

I run the software on an Alienware gaming laptop that is fast with 16GB ram, but it doesn't speed things up

The speed of your machine is actually likely to be the problem rather than the cure. FG runs on old architecture and uses Direct X9 which some up to date graphics cards struggle with. Try turning down some things like anti-aliasing. I've seen reports that this helps with sluggish dice.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    Though I've noticed that the order the CT goes through things when entries have no initiative isn't the same as they are listed...
    In the FG combat tracker, "no initiative" is actually an Init value of 0. Therefore, if every actor has no initiative they actually all have a value of 0, and the ordering mentioned here is used: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post237367 With the first item in the list being 0 and equal for all CT actors with no initiative.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Okay, first: did you double-click the question mark button and read the instructions? The method for both GM and players to roll initiative is given there.

I'm not sure what the test version could do to mess with the order since I'm literally using the 5e CT sort, just running it through a "!" to reverse the order. And I didn't change the Next Actor functionality at all so I don't know why it would be altering how it navigates the CT (unless I don't understand properly how a windowlist in FG navigates).

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    In the FG combat tracker, "no initiative" is actually an Init value of 0. Therefore, if every actor has no initiative they actually all have a value of 0, and the ordering mentioned here is used: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post237367 With the first item in the list being 0 and equal for all CT actors with no initiative.
    Thank you for the information but I was already aware of this. I saw it in the code when I looked for which function to send the data through in the custom sort. My inquery is directed at the disparity between the way the CT is sorted and the way the 'active' actor is passed. In theory, the sort puts the CT entries in the order that they appear and the Next Actor button just moves to the next window in the windowlist. Only whether an entry is hidden or not should change this (and I had all my entries shown during testing).

That said, I spent around 4 hours testing with two clients connected playing three PCs. At the beginning I noticed issues with the entries being skipped only when I removed an entry from the CT (such as when an enemy was killed). I stopped removing enemies during the round and started removing them after the round was over and initiative was cleared and I didn't see the problem again. Something happens when the windowlist has an entry removed (possibly a factor of the sort being performed).
    Last edited by Nickademus; July 29th, 2017 at 19:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxen007 View Post
    I have found that when I load in the encounter, or drop in a monster from the NPC menu, they load in with 0 HP, and all their actions, traits are blank in the combat tracker.
    Fixed this. I had missed a custom function in CombatManager2. It's been added back into the loop.

Okay, first: did you double-click the question mark button and read the instructions? The method for both GM and players to roll initiative is given there. .
    No, but I single clicked a few times and when nothing happened I assumed it hadn't been added yet

I also single clicked on the dice instead of double clicking which made me think that this wasn't the way to roll the initiative.

Well, done. Nice extension.

No, but I single clicked a few times and when nothing happened I assumed it hadn't been added yet
    Again, did you read the instructions in the first post of this thread? :P
    ... Double-click the ? button in the upper left corner for instructions...
    I tend to avoid single clicks for buttons that do more than toggle simply because accidental clicks in FG can be annoying. Also I see many players do things twice because they double-click a button that only required a single click to roll dice or something. Double-clicks are more reliable as a requirement.

Again, did you read the instructions in the first post of this thread? :P
    Clearly I did not

In my rather pathetic defence all the other query icons in FG are single clicks.

Thread Information