FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Definitely makes me think they have already begun negotiations and they are really just waiting to see how those pan out before they expose it to the masses.... Oh and even better news, we'll have Basic D&D in July. It releases with the Starter Set, not the PHB

Quote Originally Posted by Irondrake View Post
    Definitely makes me think they have already begun negotiations and they are really just waiting to see how those pan out before they expose it to the masses.... Oh and even better news, we'll have Basic D&D in July. It releases with the Starter Set, not the PHB
    It will only have character generation to start though. The starter kit will be needed to play still unless the rules have been relatively unchanged since the October play test.

The Basic D&D rules will become functional with the release of the PH is what they said, so only a month later than the release of the starter set. Monsters, DM stuff, ect.

True, I'm picking up the Starter Set...low price point and it may have a decent adventure in it...that with the PDF should be enough to know what's changed and what has stayed the same. With the PHB we'll have enough for campaigns.

My group is planning to try out 5E this year too. Probably use the Starter Set to being with, as our face-to-face gaming weekend is the week before Gencon.

Just wish I could get my hands on the Starter Set early to finalize the 5E ruleset.

Cheers,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Just wish I could get my hands on the Starter Set early to finalize the 5E ruleset.

Cheers,
    JPG
    Yeah we all wish the same thing!!!

I think I read on WOTC's site that FLGS were going to receive 5e up to 11 days prior to the release date, so maybe you can find it early .

Quote Originally Posted by Eru the One View Post
    I think I read on WOTC's site that FLGS were going to receive 5e up to 11 days prior to the release date, so maybe you can find it early .
    Those in the Wizards' Play Network, at least.

I'm wondering when WOTC will release the advanced rules and if it's going to be it's own player's handbook. I'm definitely going to be running the Starter Set on FG and look forward to trying it out.
    FGU Ultimate

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by willquestion View Post
    I'm wondering when WOTC will release the advanced rules and if it's going to be it's own player's handbook. I'm definitely going to be running the Starter Set on FG and look forward to trying it out.
    Advanced rules. Do you mean the three core rulebooks? I haven't heard of an Advanced D&D 5th Edition release. The current release schedule is:

Attachment 6748
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Thread Information