STAR TREK 2d20

Allowing reviews for purchases in FGs store?

Hi,

I was wondering, if in the future it would be possible to allow to write reviews on purchases in the FGs store.

When I look to buy something on DMSguild I always look at the reviews and how many stars a product has, it gets me over the line to buy an adventure.
    For the FGs store though, there are no reviews, I know there is a 30-days money back guarantee, which is great!
    Though it would be nice to read about other peoples experiences with the product, its fun to read people that are positive about them as well as critical reviews from people that have more experience and played a lot of different campaigns.

Thanks!
    Last edited by vaughnlannister; November 18th, 2020 at 13:12.

Agreed!
    Reviews give a place for critiques such as data issues and/or tables that are only in reference manual/not rollable.
    This would encourage improvement of modules and also help new users have more realistic expectations.

For issues related to the modules and such, it would be best to direct those critiques and bugs to the ruleset specific bug report threads. We direct developers to subscribe and monitor those threads for such reasons. Helps keeps things in one place and not get lost, thusly delay in resolving said issues.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

My review: Everything is great, just buy everything in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    My review: Everything is great, just buy everything in the store.
    My wallet does not approve this statement! Especially the Beasts & Barbarians... 25USD for EACH book is atrocity that I can't accept yet.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    For issues related to the modules and such, it would be best to direct those critiques and bugs to the ruleset specific bug report threads. We direct developers to subscribe and monitor those threads for such reasons. Helps keeps things in one place and not get lost, thusly delay in resolving said issues.
    Perhaps these should be linked from the store pages, then. This would help educate the buyer as to the current bug-iness or lack thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Hi,

I was wondering, if in the future it would be possible to allow to write reviews on purchases in the FGs store.

When I look to buy something on DMSguild I always look at the reviews and how many stars a product has, it gets me over the line to buy an adventure.
    For the FGs store though, there are no reviews, I know there is a 30-days money back guarantee, which is great!
    Though it would be nice to read about other peoples experiences with the product, its fun to read people that are positive about them as well as critical reviews from people that have more experience and played a lot of different campaigns.

Thanks!
    If its an official module for D&D or another game produced by someone other than Smiteworks, then you can look elsewhere for reviews on blogs etc.

Bug reports should not be made as reviews, because they are entirely different from whether the actual adventure (or whatever it is) is fun/useful etc.

Thread Information