DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 11 First ... 678910 ... Last

Thread: So... Kingmaker

Thanks for the swift response! Looking forward to getting this set up for my group!

Quote Originally Posted by sciencephile View Post
    Me too

To be honest, I'm not much of an extension builder. I spend all my time trying to put out modules for the folks. Therefore, I will not be upset at all (in fact delighted) if the challenge is accepted.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsaraujo View Post
    It does not contain any data: no feats, no armies, no buildings information. Just fields to store your stats. I assume the data you describe will be part of the kingmaker campaign module once launched.
    I'm a player in a group that is enjoying a play through and are eager to start using the newly released AP today! (I think the GM was working with 1e maps and such until now)

I'm still a bit unsure on what the expectations we should have for Kingdom Management.

Do we use dsaraujo's extension until a new one is created that has data, calculations, and building grids? Is the current state of dsaraujo's extension considered complete? Who/what is the end game for Kingdom Management.

We currently use a spreadsheet to manage the kingdom because it automates some things that the extension doesn't (which as far as I can tell by the comment above is intentional by dsaraujo's design).

In short (after a well earned break!) should we be expecting something new in the future for kingdom management?

Its hard for me to dive too deep into kingdom management, as I'm worried about unintentional spoilers for what is to come.

To be honest, I think dsaraujo's kingdom builder is quite well done and I don't see me trying to replicate the same thing he has already created.

The AP has a grid template and images for the various building types so town/city building setup can be done via that. Kingdom management is best kept through the extension as far as I can see.

I am wiling to collaborate with dsaraujo to help ease the ability of the extension to use asset within the campaign (by creating a standard structure for some of the assets used by the extension), if necessary.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Got it! Thank you. I will pass it along to my group.

The reason I asked was the post from him that I quoted left me wondering if more was coming from you and it was a coin toss for which thread I asked the question in. (Apologies if I misinterpreted something!)

Once again, thank you for all the hard work, we are really looking forward to it!

Hey there, GM here. I just purchased the Kingmaker 2e Adventure Path and I love a lot of it. I had a few issues I think may be a bit glaring though, so thought I would bring them up here.

1. Is there a player facing hex map available for the Stolen Lands? I couldn't find it in any of the maps. They all have the reference dots for the GM on whats on each tile. I consider this a spoiler, as most of these features are not visible while hexploring and are meant to be surprises to discover.

2. I noticed that the buildings in the kingdom management section were not added as stamps, this seems like an oversight. With the stamps you can easily make new towns by easily stamping the buildings onto the urban grid.

3. Perhaps I didn't see it, but is there a kingdom tracker added to FGU? A kingdom character sheet or something similar? I don't know if you add new systems with your updates, I'm used to getting that with the Traveller FGU books so maybe PF2 doesn't do that? Or I just missed it.

The first two issues are something I can fix (and in regards to 1, already had set up prior to this release, we are on session 5 this Sunday after all). The third one probably is something that has to be done on the FGU end of things. I'm sure its a month or so away before my players need the tracker, but nice to be prepared. Your thoughts would be welcome on these concerns.

On a positive note, this update is massive! Tons of tokens set up, all the maps I saw from the books added in, and I loved the addition of generic maps for some encounters that don't really have set maps. You put in a lot of work and I definitely appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by pheanox View Post
    1. Is there a player facing hex map available for the Stolen Lands? I couldn't find it in any of the maps. They all have the reference dots for the GM on whats on each tile. I consider this a spoiler, as most of these features are not visible while hexploring and are meant to be surprises to discover.
    Use the maps in Appendix 8 - the Map labels are on their own layer which is set to GM only.

2. I noticed that the buildings in the kingdom management section were not added as stamps, this seems like an oversight. With the stamps you can easily make new towns by easily stamping the buildings onto the urban grid.
    I'll reach out to the dev to see what their plans were for the buildings.

3. Perhaps I didn't see it, but is there a kingdom tracker added to FGU? A kingdom character sheet or something similar? I don't know if you add new systems with your updates, I'm used to getting that with the Traveller FGU books so maybe PF2 doesn't do that? Or I just missed it.
    There's an extension in the Forge for kingdom management: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/918/view
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I'll reach out to the dev to see what their plans were for the buildings.
    There was plans on the buildings being included in the module. Unfortunately, there seemed to be a problem with the export process to put into into module format. I didn't realize that it left out the buildings (which were in their own folder in the images folder). I manually added the buildings folder back into the folder and checked it in as a hotfix. You should see the fixed version hopefully later today.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Ultimate License Holder

Thanks for the responses, appreciated. No plan to integrate the Kingdom Management stuff with Kingmaker? It seems like a pretty key component of Kingmaker.

Ultimate License Holder

Yes, I saw the link. Apologies if I wasn't clear. As I mentioned, I also purchase Mongoose Traveller 2e FGU books/modules, and the books that add in direct mechanics changes or new systems add those systems to FGU with the purchase of the modules directly instead of requiring the purchase of additional extensions. I am just clarifying if that is not how it works for Pathfinder 2 modules. This isn't official integration, it is a 3rd party extension. If there is an intent on eventually bringing in integration of this critical system for Kingmaker with the purchase of the module, I can wait for that. I'm not at the point yet where I actually need the kingdom tracker.
    Last edited by pheanox; January 13th, 2023 at 17:46.

Thread Information