FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last

Also welcome to the forums and FG community!

Hello everyone! I'm a new user of Fantasy Grounds and I would like to play this AP with my group!
    Is there anyone who can still share the module with me?

Proof of ownership:
    Attachment 18652

Blog Entries
    These modules are no longer shareable -- in fact, I thought it only ever applied to PFS scenarios. The Anniversary edition is a different product that is sold separately as a book and PDF. It is nearly ready to release in an official capacity and it will be available from the paizo.com site for a discount for PDF holders from that site once they get their website configured. It will be available in our store for the full print price but buying it will grant you a free copy of the PDF once we get that synchronized with the paizo.com site.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    NOTE: this is private sharing of the modules between 2 GMs. Don't publicly post any modules that contain non-OGL material. As part of the agreement with Paizo, the GM requesting the FG module must provide proof that they own the product they want the FG module for. Just saying "I own it" is not enough... If you have a PDF you should have an order in your profile on Paizo.com - provide the GM with a screenshot of your order (blank out any personal info).
    That's a pretty DAMN COOL policy. Makes me wish I was playing Pathfinder instead of 5e/CnC/AD&D(someday again). I'd love to convert the mounds of bought PDFs and hardcovers with help of others.

Unfortunately, for Paizo - all I got is my greyhawk maps (I wanted PDFs but didn't know you could get them buying the mags so I paid for the hardcopy version first hoping to (never did...) scan them professionally into digital - so bought them a second time once I was informed of the option) and for some reason not on this page but in my "downloads" the PFRPG Main book whatever it is called... own the hardcover AND pdf - can't say I ever reall all the way through, bought it when I was in my very long PnP RPG desolation years ;P

I do hope to convert the PDFs into various layers. It will probably not happen because of my skill set, but I WAS able to do some editing (slow/tedious) so maybe if my GH campaign takes off I will find inspiration to learn or team with someone to share work IF that is covered in same way (prob not ;P same policy, since unrelated to their products)

Attachment 18653

I hope I've got to the good place...

I have run RotR for the past 2 years at the table with my group, but eventually they had to leave the city and now, since we still have Chapters 5 and 6 to play, we would like to finish them online with help of the online tool like Fantasy Grounds. I am completely new to FG and even find it hard to browse the store without the search functionality.

I have a hardcover copy of the RotR Anniversary. I am ready to get ultimate license of Fantasy Grounds. I even have some PDFs on Paizo.com: Bestiary, Core rulebook. No RotR though.

I have connected my accounts (Paizo and FG), since I found:

Benefits of syncing your accounts and retrieving your ownership will allow you to get free PDF versions from Paizo for all Pathfinder products you purchase on Fantasy Grounds. Similarly, retrieiving a list of PDFs you own at Paizo will discount the full cost of the PDF from purchases on Fantasy Grounds. The discount is added when you add it to your cart.
    But when I go to store and add core rulebook or bestiary to the cart I get 10$ discount, instead of the full cost. This is one of the problems. Maybe not for the topic here. Since OGL is enough for me to run the game it's OK.

But is there any way to have RotR added or am I left with my hardcover version + own Photoshop and creating custom encounters all by myself? It's pretty sad I would have to pay twice for the same thing. I understand the work, the team put into making the module, so paying like $10-20 would be fair, but $60 just because it's the same cost I have paid for the book on my shelf. This doesn't seem right :/

Can anyone help me and introduce me to FG properly to start running RotR for my team?

Blog Entries
    The discount that is provided is always equivalent to whatever the PDF cost is listed as over at paizo.com. It is not a 100% discount equivalent to a hard copy and it doesn't apply to purchases that were made outside of paizo.com.

The hardcover book for ROTRL Anniversary Edition is $59.99 and it grants you the PDF only if you buy through paizo.com. Regardless of how you get the PDF, we grant a discount of $41.99 off the price of the FG version of this product which is a very steep discount. If you don't have the PDF on paizo.com already, then your purchase here at fantasygrounds.com gets you the Fantasy Grounds version and allows you to sync back to Paizo to get the $42 PDF added to your account at paizo.com for free.

Well, not 100% of the cost, but still:

retrieiving a list of PDFs you own at Paizo will discount the full cost of the PDF from purchases on Fantasy Grounds
    That sounds to me exactly that way: check the price of the PDF on Paizo store. That's how much discount you get. Still this is $10 only, although the prices of PDFs in paizo store are much higher. That would mean, I should pay for things here to get PDF on paizo, since that gives me over $40 worth PDF additionally to the content in GF. But nevermind, I don't care as long as I have OGL content provided.

But what you wrote about RotRL adds nothing to what I knew before. I DO have hardcover, but I know no person crazy-enough, who would buy it directly on Paizo store to get it shipped from USA to Poland for the price value of the book itself. So having hardcover book I am worse type of customer, because I would have to buy it for the second time, the same price in here or at Paizo.com page, just to get something I can prepare myself even by shooting a photo of the book and spending some time inserting encounter stats for NPCs. Or from PDF "found" somewhere "by accident". Sadly, because I am willing to pay for the work of someone who did this already for FG, but not a the price of the book itself.

If there's no other option, I can only feel disappointed...

ivell, I have made my own modules for RotRL and I can provide them to you if you own the RotRL copy. They're not as fancy as official modules, but people that used them gave me positive feedback about them. There are encounters, treasure, maps which is a lot help. If you'd need them, feel free to pm me.

P.S. I shipped my books from Paizo to Poland when there were discounts at paizo store, when you buy bundle the shipment cost is not very hefty.
    English is not my native language, I apologize for any grammar mistakes or awkward choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by kane280484 View Post
    ivell, I have made my own modules for RotRL and I can provide them to you if you own the RotRL copy. They're not as fancy as official modules, but people that used them gave me positive feedback about them. There are encounters, treasure, maps which is a lot help. If you'd need them, feel free to pm me.

P.S. I shipped my books from Paizo to Poland when there were discounts at paizo store, when you buy bundle the shipment cost is not very hefty.
    OK, now I know one person Thanks for letting me know. I will send you PM on the matter of modules - can help improve them if needed too. Thank you.

Thread Information