Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

SFRPG List Sorting Bug...

It looks like the SFRPG ruleset has a bug where it no longer alphabetically sorts items in any of the lists on the Abilities tabs. It affects both classic and FGU environments.

(Also, the item entry for this screen is now incredibly cumbersome. Please restore the ability to directly create items via right-click. If you make the client so hard to use that it is no longer easily usable for basic character entry, then that is somewhat of a disincentive to use it.)

I cant reproduce this at all. My lists still get sorted alphabetically and I also can add items with right click. Please make sure to test this without any extensions and give some steps on how to reproduce this error.
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

- No extensions loaded
    - FG Classic or FGU

Steps to Reproduce Item Creation Bug:
    1. Open SFRPG Classic 3.3.13 (for example)
    2. Go to the abilities tab of a new character
    3. Try to right-click to add an entry to Class Abilities
    It doesn't work. See attached screenshot.

Steps to Reproduce List Sorting Bug:
    2. Go to the abilities tab of an existing character
    3. Rename some abilities
    The list doesn't sort. See attached screenshot.

(...and at the time I reported this bug, there were no pending updates and these functions were working fine in PFRPG, so not inheriting from Core)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HoloGnome; March 3rd, 2021 at 23:54.

The current ruleset version for SFRPG is v2021-03-02. The previous version reported before that was v2.1.18. Please make sure that you don't have any unpacked ruleset folders in your FG data folder.

I'm not able to reproduce the ability creation issue. (See picture with latest Live ruleset running.)

For the sorting, I am able to recreate; so I'll ask superteddy57 to look at it.

Regards,
    JPG

After updating to the just-released version, right-click Ability create is now working, but dynamic list sorting is still not working. After changing the Ability names, the PC Ability list will only end up sorted if I completely reload the SFRPG campaign. So...still broken. (Oh - good you can reproduce it - you posted while I was creating this post)

I don't have any SFRPG unpacked rulesets in my data folder.

You may wish to update the right-click issue in the change history - there seems to have been a change that fixed it since my report.

SFRPG shows only:
    [SFRPG] Token health bars not displaying or updating correctly. Fixed.
    [SFRPG] Window titles not displaying correctly. Fixed.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...s_ruleset.html

There is no mention of any Starfinder updates in the 3/2 release notes here, but SFRPG obviously changed:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...March-2nd-2021

The previous ruleset current as of 3/1 was 12,079,104 bytes. The new ruleset current as of 3/3 is: 12,080,636 bytes.

It would also be helpful if you could include windows versioning resources in the .pak files. The rulesets don't display any external versioning information. It would be a useful quality addition.
    Last edited by HoloGnome; March 4th, 2021 at 00:22.

Works for me..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

I think there is something else going on; in that added abilities are sorted differently. I'll see if @superteddy57 can figure it out.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by HoloGnome View Post
    - No extensions loaded
    - FG Classic or FGU

Steps to Reproduce Item Creation Bug:
    2. Go to the abilities tab of a new character
    3. Try to right-click to add an entry to Class Abilities
    It doesn't work. See attached screenshot.

Steps to Reproduce List Sorting Bug:
    2. Go to the abilities tab of an existing character
    3. Rename some abilities
    The list doesn't sort. See attached screenshot.

(...and at the time I reported this bug, there were no pending updates and these functions were working fine in PFRPG, so not inheriting from Core)
    Okay I'm gonna be honest with but this looks awfully wrong. Screenshot (1).png This is how it should look. It automatically sorts any items that are related to another Ability below them and it also sorts them alphabetically after fullfilling that first rule. Now I don't know where 'Life Science Checks' in your build is comming from. Maybe something to keep in mind is that the sorter does its work when you add an item. It doesn't re-sort a changed item (after you changed the name for example). But it does re-sort the whole list whenever you add or remove any items. I also don't know why yours didn't sort the Revelations under 'Stellar Revelation' and so on. Did you create these things yourself or are you using the CRB version of these abilities. I'd assume you changed the 'Su' into 'SU' as well. Although this should have any influence regarding your problem.
    Just for reference I quickly edited my Abilities to fit the little letters you put in front of them and after creating a new item it looks like this Screenshot (2).png.
    Last edited by Evolivolution; March 4th, 2021 at 11:50.
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

As Evolivolution has pointed out the sort starts with the record.
    Capture.PNG

You have a set of radios along the top to help with the organization and tell the character sheet what type of feature it is. If it's a feature that doesn't have choices, then it's a feature. If it has sub selections then it's a special feature. Since Paizo didn't differentiate These two, it was setup by us to help organize and load base class features like you would see with 5e. Source has no bearing on automation, just a way to keep track of where the feature has come from in case the DM limits which books features can be collected from. The next in line is the feature. This is how it links skills together to be sorted. The name must match the parent feature it needs to be linked under. If it doesn't match it doesn't sort it under it. Level is used during level ups to automatically add them if added to the base class record. I hope this helps.

ZdDb0YSI0x.gif
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I do see that the list isn't updating when the name is changed. I will get that sorted and pushed with the next update.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thread Information