DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by hammer58 View Post
    Now when ever I use one of the pre loaded encounters I modified 9 months ago, those encounters will load in the correct monsters into the combat tracker and they are true
    5e counterparts from the 5e monster manual that i used for this modification, but none of them can target any of the players in the combat tracker I get the error I reported in my earlier post.
    The players however can use the combat tracker and can target the monster npc's.
    Does an unmodified 5e encounter from a 5e product do the same?

Exactly how did you convert the 2e encounter to 5e? What steps did you take?
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 3rd, 2021 at 17:11.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Does an unmodified 5e encounter from a 5e product do the same?

Exactly how did you convert the 2e encounter to 5e? What steps did you take?
    Well I can not answer that first question.
    I do not own any 5e modules for fantasy grounds.

As to how did I convert them?
    I loaded the module temple of elemental evil.
    I opened each encounter, one at a time, I used the auto load feature of each encounter to see the placement of the monsters.
    Then I deleted the 2e monsters from the encounter and pulled the equivalent 5E replacement monster and placed the new monster in the same placements as where the original 2e placed them then closed the encounter.
    As i did this it did populate the combat tracker each time with the 2e monster. So I had to clear the combat tracker also each time I modified each and every encounter.

All of this had been working over the last 9 months we have been playing just fine until yesterday when the most recent patch broke our game.
    Last edited by hammer58; March 3rd, 2021 at 17:51.

Well I can not answer that first question.
    I do not own any 5e modules for fantasy grounds.

As to how did I convert them?
    I loaded the module temple of elemental evil.
    I opened each encounter, one at a time, I used the auto load feature of each encounter to see the placement of the monsters.
    Then I deleted the 2e monsters from the encounter and pulled the equivalent 5E replacement monster and placed the new monster in the same placements as where the original 2e placed them then closed the encounter.

All of this had been working over the last 9 months we have been playing just fine until yesterday when the most recent patch broke our game.
    Please provide the whole GM logs when this issue occurs. Type /console in the chat window to open the console, then click "Compile Logs". Post the resulting ZIP file here.

And, when exactly does the message appear in chat? Are you drag/dropping a roll (attack? damage?) or are you using the combat tracker targeting?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Please provide the whole GM logs when this issue occurs. Type /console in the chat window to open the console, then click "Compile Logs". Post the resulting ZIP file here.

And, when exactly does the message appear in chat? Are you drag/dropping a roll (attack? damage?) or are you using the combat tracker targeting?
    I do not have the time to do that zip file right now. I will get back to that in a few hours.

I tried every method to target and none worked. I tried dropping the attack role on a player token and that would get the error message. I tried to target the player token using the target function inside the combat tracker and you have to drag the target icon from the combat tracker over the player token and drop it on the token and again the same error message popped up. I tried control left click on the player token and the line would draw on the screen to the target and give me range to target which was accurate by the way as our scale is 3.3 feet to a square, but again the error message would pop up in the chat window.

The zip file will be a while.

I tried every method to target and none worked. I tried dropping the attack role on a player token and that would get the error message. I tried to target the player token using the target function inside the combat tracker and you have to drag the target icon from the combat tracker over the player token and drop it on the token and again the same error message popped up. I tried control left click on the player token and the line would draw on the screen to the target and give me range to target which was accurate by the way as our scale is 3.3 feet to a square, but again the error message would pop up in the chat window.
    Sounds like the player tokens on the map have lost their association with the combat tracker. However, this would result in the message for any attack, not just the encounters you'd edited - I think that might just be a red herring.

Remove any PC tokens that have this issue from the map and then re-add them by drag/dropping from the combat tracker. Unfortunately this will reset the LoS for those tokens, but it should recreate the link from the token to the combat tracker and fix the issue.

Sounds like the player tokens on the map have lost their association with the combat tracker. However, this would result in the message for any attack, not just the encounters you'd edited - I think that might just be a red herring.

Remove any PC tokens that have this issue from the map and then re-add them by drag/dropping from the combat tracker. Unfortunately this will reset the LoS for those tokens, but it should recreate the link from the token to the combat tracker and fix the issue.
    That was what I thought so I tried that and it did not work. Also it does not explain why when I deleted the monsters from the pre loaded encounter and replaced them with identical monsters from the 5e monster manual then those new monsters could target the player tokens. I did not do anything to the player tokens just replaced the monster tokens and it fixed the issue. We thought maybe we fixed the issue went to the next encounter and same thing happened. That time all I did was to delete the monsters and replace them with new ones and it worked. Then the next encounter it happened again. Then I stopped doing all that work and just rolled manually and manually tallied up damage. We played out the rest of the night that way using the map function only from fantasy grounds. 12 encounters all failed.
    In essence Fantasy grounds just became a movable map holder for our game and we went to old style pen and paper for everything else.

That was what I thought so I tried that and it did not work. Also it does not explain why when I deleted the monsters from the pre loaded encounter and replaced them with identical monsters from the 5e monster manual then those new monsters could target the player tokens. I did not do anything to the player tokens just replaced the monster tokens and it fixed the issue. We thought maybe we fixed the issue went to the next encounter and same thing happened. That time all I did was to delete the monsters and replace them with new ones and it worked. Then the next encounter it happened again. Then I stopped doing all that work and just rolled manually and manually tallied up damage. We played out the rest of the night that way using the map function only from fantasy grounds. 12 encounters all failed.
    In essence Fantasy grounds just became a movable map holder for our game and we went to old style pen and paper for everything else.
    OK, that doesn't make sense based off where the message is raised in the code. We'll need to the console log files to investigate further.

OK, that doesn't make sense based off where the message is raised in the code. We'll need to the console log files to investigate further.
    He is also running Situation Awareness extension which does some other map tweaks for tokens. He could be running an old version or some other interaction with another extension. I could be completely off base but, thought I'd mention that.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    He is also running Situation Awareness extension which does some other map tweaks for tokens. He could be running an old version or some other interaction with another extension. I could be completely off base but, thought I'd mention that.
    Thanks for that. It wasn't mentioned that this extension was being used.

@hammer58 - disable all extensions, except Universal Modules and see if you have the issue. If you do, then upload the console logs.

Thread Information