STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Custom Adventure Deck request

Hi Ikael,

I can create custom decks perfectly but I can't create a deck module in order to display the card image when you drag it on chat window. Would be possible you create a sample custom deck with only one example card, please?

I would like to understand how I can create such modules and I'm pretty sure that having a "My Custom Adventure Deck" folder (the custom extension, you know) and a custom deck module having only one custom deck with only one card would be very useful.

Thanks in advance.
    Nébula Rol

So you dare to cross the Veil… Oh, adventurer! Do you think there won’t be consequences, perhaps?

Sakrynia: The Land of Tears

Man, I'd love something like this - I've wanted to do a Savage Worlds game with Tarot Cards rather than playing cards for a while now, and this would be perfect for that...

Probably not that hard, crack open an adventure deck extension, change image links and text descriptions for the images. Possibly need 2 sets of images, decide (if haven't already) what card's effect is.

Never cared for most Adventure Decks, so haven't bought them otherwise would offer to pick apart and help.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Quote Originally Posted by Mgrancey View Post
    Probably not that hard, crack open an adventure deck extension, change image links and text descriptions for the images. Possibly need 2 sets of images, decide (if haven't already) what card's effect is.
    I made that before creating this post but it didn’t work.

As a customer, I’d appreciate very much if some kind of official sample could be available for this addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gon View Post
    As a customer, I’d appreciate very much if some kind of official sample could be available for this addon.
    Welcome to the FG forums!

See Adventure Deck Documentation.pdf in <FG App data>\docs. Get to <FG app data> by clicking the folder icon in the top left (FGU) or right (FGC) of the FG startup screen. Starting on page 9 of that PDF are instructions on how to add cards.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Welcome to the FG forums!

See Adventure Deck Documentation.pdf in <FG App data>\docs. Get to <FG app data> by clicking the folder icon in the top left (FGU) or right (FGC) of the FG startup screen. Starting on page 9 of that PDF are instructions on how to add cards.
    Thanks for the tip. It was very helpful. I could find a sample code with only one card on page 15. Unfortunately, weird things happen whenever I try to use a custom deck.

When I drag a card from the official deck to chat window, I can see a full size card after clicking on the tiny card button. That's what I expected.

Official_deck.jpg

If me (as player) drag a card from a custom deck to chat window, I can see an empty image frame (both as GM and as a player)

Custom_deck_player.jpg

Finally, if I drag a card from a custom deck to chat window, I can see a small size card image.

Custom_deck_GM.jpg

Note that I'm using exactly the same image in the custom deck module (extracted from the official deck module)...

This kind of weird behavior was the reason because of I made this sample module request...
    Last edited by g0ntzal; August 6th, 2020 at 05:14.
    Nébula Rol

So you dare to cross the Veil… Oh, adventurer! Do you think there won’t be consequences, perhaps?

I reported this issue on February since I wasnt able to understand the logic of the deck modules, but I got no answer:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...h-Custom-Decks

The pdf is outdated and does not have clear information on what to do, or there is a bug in module decks, dont know, but I was not able to solve it.

Gon, for your info, I created a deck customizer here, you can create multiple decks and select which decks to use in the configuration panel.

https://github.com/lozalojo/sw-deck-customizer

Quote Originally Posted by lozanoje View Post
    I reported this issue on February since I wasnt able to understand the logic of the deck modules, but I got no answer:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...h-Custom-Decks
    I hope we will get a fix from dev team soon...

Quote Originally Posted by lozanoje View Post
    Gon, for your info, I created a deck customizer here, you can create multiple decks and select which decks to use in the configuration panel.

https://github.com/lozalojo/sw-deck-customizer
    Thanks, Jose... I'm going to give it a try!!!
    Nébula Rol

Quote Originally Posted by g0ntzal View Post
    I hope we will get a fix from dev team soon...
    I checked the video from doswell and he does not speak about modules, which is the problem here. There should be a second part covering the module creation, but he never made it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEAkMFsuruA

Hi Team!

An official reply would be very appreciated! I'll try to share more helpful information in the while.

FGU Custom deck Weird behavior in action (Zipped Mov video file: 45 MB)

FGC Custom deck Weird behavior in action (Zipped Mov video file: 45 MB)

I hope it helps...
    Nébula Rol

Thread Information