FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 16 of 46 First ... 6141516171826 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
    Clumsy:

Your movements become clumsy and inexact. Clumsy always includes a value. You take a status penalty equal to the condition value to Dexterity-based checks and DCs, including AC, Reflex saves, ranged attack rolls, and skill checks using Acrobatics, Stealth, and Thievery.
    Yep, I know what it's supposed to do! See my post #146 above.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

total newbie here.... how do i get character creation working for pathfinder 2nd ed?

Quote Originally Posted by jakenj9 View Post
    total newbie here.... how do i get character creation working for pathfinder 2nd ed?
    Aloha. How about you check out Fantasy Grounds College @ www.fantasygroundscollege.net. I am the lead of Team Paizo there and my team and i can help you out. :-) Just join our discord and when you get there ask for GM Seth. That's my username there

Quote Originally Posted by jakenj9 View Post
    Welcome to the Fantasy Grounds forums.

Have a look at the videos linked here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...utube-playlist They are for the PF2 playtest (there'll be up to date videos coming soon), but the whole process is the same and worth watching to get an idea of the process. Keep in mind that FG is *not* a character generation application, it aids in that process, but you will still have to fine-tune your PC in FG to finalise it's creation and setup.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I know you will likely wait for the official errata document, but found this:
    Copied from the PF2 reddit:
    The following errata came from today's Pathfinder Fridays Twitch stream with the PF2 developers:

Humans are supposed to have one more language (Common + Bonus + INT).
    Your proficiency in simple weapons is also what your proficiency in unarmed should be, including the wizard. Monk is an exception as they are better at unarmed.
    Ki spells cue off Wisdom for the monk.
    Sorcerer is missing a 17th level Resolve class feature, just the same as the wizard's (includes master will save, critical success, etc.).
    Wizards don't get a 1st level class feat by default. This was a mistake. They only get one for being a universalist.
    The adventurer's pack is only 1 bulk.
    Heroic Recovery takes you to 0 hit points, not 1.

Link to the stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/468201120

The developers said they will be releasing official critical errata soon as well as monster creation rules (so we will have them before the GameMastery Guide comes out).
    Last edited by kaernunnos; August 19th, 2019 at 09:59.

Hello,

Here are the errors I've found so far:
    • The price of the Writing set should be 1 gp and not 15 sp.
    • The item "Disguise kit - Elite (level 3) replacement cosmetics" should be probably be called "Disguise kit - Elite (level 3) cosmetics" instead
    • I've noticed that many items in the Adventurer Gear have their prices listed as sp rather than gp. Not a bug, but a bit surprising.
    • The bulk and used hands of many items are missing, in particular:
      • All wands (should have a bulk of L and 1 hands used)
      • Most staves (should have a bulk of 1 and 1 hands used)
      • Most alchemical items (usually have a bulk of L and 1 hands used)
      • Most Hold Items (e.g. Bag of Holding, Crystal Ball, etc.)
      • Many consumables (e.g. Healing Potion, Potion of Resistance, etc.)
      • Many Worn Items (e.g. Armbands of Athleticism, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Faelwen View Post
    • I've noticed that many items in the Adventurer Gear have their prices listed as sp rather than gp. Not a bug, but a bit surprising.
    That's correct, the standard currency in PF2e is the SP, rather than the GP. It's an effort to make it so coin bulk is not crazy ridiculous like it has been since basic D&D, and which is made worse by going to a bulk system. It should help things out for players until they can afford magic items that help get around the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Illrigger View Post
    That's correct, the standard currency in PF2e is the SP, rather than the GP. It's an effort to make it so coin bulk is not crazy ridiculous like it has been since basic D&D, and which is made worse by going to a bulk system. It should help things out for players until they can afford magic items that help get around the problem.
    Yes, the rules state that the silver piece is the standard unit for commoners and beginning adventurers.

I was just trying to point that many items in the Core Rulebook are priced in gold pieces, while in the Fantasy Grounds Core Rule module they are priced in silver pieces. Normally, this doesn't disturb me too much aside from a slight sense of discomfort, as if there was an imbalance in the Force. Probably some latent OCD :-P

However, in a few cases, I feel that listing the price in silver pieces is just plain ridiculous. For instance, the superior manacles in the Fantasy Grounds Core Rule module are priced at 50000 sp (that is 50 bulks of coins!) while in the Core Rulebook they are priced at 5000 gp (which is still a ridiculous amount of coins but still something a single person can carry if necessary).

I made the decision to list in silver pieces as the main currency for items, as this is the standard currency, but more importantly for FG, this allows a clean ordering from least to most expensive in some of the grouped list displays (not all, but some). It's also an optional sorting button I plan to add in future - sort by cost. To program in the additional code to work out the currency for ordering would be pretty complex, but I may look at it in future...

Thanks for reporting these Faelwen!

The price of the Writing set should be 1 gp and not 15 sp.
    Logged as CR2.041. Fixed in next release.

The item "Disguise kit - Elite (level 3) replacement cosmetics" should be probably be called "Disguise kit - Elite (level 3) cosmetics" instead
    I think I'll leave that as it is - the base name as listed in the Core Rules from Paizo is being changed for the individual FG record and the new name is in the same format as the base replacement cosmetics, so keeps it consistent.

I've noticed that many items in the Adventurer Gear have their prices listed as sp rather than gp. Not a bug, but a bit surprising.
    Discussed elsewhere in this thread.

The bulk and used hands of many items are missing, in particular:
    • All wands (should have a bulk of L and 1 hands used)
    • Most staves (should have a bulk of 1 and 1 hands used)
    • Most alchemical items (usually have a bulk of L and 1 hands used)
    • Most Hold Items (e.g. Bag of Holding, Crystal Ball, etc.)
    • Many consumables (e.g. Healing Potion, Potion of Resistance, etc.)
    • Many Worn Items (e.g. Armbands of Athleticism, etc.)
    I don't see an issue with the usage, but I do see a problem with bulk for items that have multiple types. Logged as CR2.042, fixed in next release.

Again, thanks for reporting!

Thread Information