FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Combat chat entry and Audio Extension

Good day everyone,

I would like to use an extension to play sfx for different weapons/spell and differentiated between a hit/miss/crit/fumble. However, because the way the chat is setup in PFRPG2, the weapon and the dice results are on two separate line of text and all audio extension available to us can only parse trigger based a on a single line of text. Is there an easy way to modify chat output to include the attack type (ranged/melee/spell) and the weapon used on the second line? I.e.

Current Version:
    Line 1: Medium Animal: [ATTACK (M)] Jaws
    Line 2: Attack [19] -> [at Wolf][HIT]

Desired Result:
    Line 1(no change): Medium Animal: [ATTACK (M)] Jaws
    Line 2: Attack (M) [19] with Jaws -> [at Wolf][HIT]

P.S The format of the second line is just an example and could be changed to whatever as long as the information is all there on one line.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by braindead91 View Post
    However, because the way the chat is setup in PFRPG2, the weapon and the dice results are on two separate line of text and all audio extension available to us can only parse trigger based a on a single line of text.
    I'm confused from this statement. Which extension/s are you referring to and which ruleset/s do they work with?

The reason I ask, and why I'm confused as to why PFRPG2 wouldn't work with the extension/s you mention, is that the format of the PFRPG2 attack in chat is the same as D&D 5E, 3.5E and PFRPG (first edition).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

If he is refered to AudioOverseer it parses a line checking for matches within that line. So if you want to have a sound trigger based on melee weapon or ranged with the way it works now (showing M/R on a line by itself) you would not be able to match "(M)" and "[HIT]" at the same time. Just one or the other.

I adjusted the 2E code a while back so that it would work with D's previous extension.

Code:
    Attack [11] ->[ATTACK (M)] Longsword  [at Orc 5] [MISS]
    Last edited by celestian; February 4th, 2020 at 17:40.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Hi Trenloe,

Thanks for the quick reply.

The extension I used are DOE: Sound & AudioOverseer. I based my assumption on the video that was posting in the AudiOverseer thread but he is using AD&D ruleset I believe where there are more information about the attack and I wrongly assumed that this was the norm and that PFRPG2 was different. However, I just loaded up a 5E campaign and you are absolutely right, it is the same format as PFRPG2, so my apologies, I stand corrected.

Let me rephrase my request then. Is there an easy way to add more information on the attack line?

I know there are extension for 5e that add more details in the attack line which then enable the audio extensions to trigger different sounds based on the different results for different weapons but they have other stuff included and they are too complicated for me to modify.

Thanks!

No worries, I just wanted to know exactly what we were looking at here.

Quote Originally Posted by braindead91 View Post
    Let me rephrase my request then. Is there an easy way to add more information on the attack line?
    I’ll look into doing something along the lines of what celestian mentions. Not sure when it will get done though.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yes, this would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

The issue with doing this is that only one icon can be on a single line. So we will have to remove either the character icon or the graphical fumble/miss/hit/critical icon. Probably the latter.

Can't we just keep the first line as is with the character icon and setup the second line with the same syntax as celestian and the graphical icon? There will be a little redundancy but I don't think it would be too bad. I say that because I think the first line as weapon tags included and we wouldn't need that on the second line.

How about this? Change highlighted in the image below:

I've been doing a lot of ruleset work this weekend and so I thought I'd look at this. There's not going to be a ruleset release for a while, as there's some complex changes going on and I want to get them right before releasing. Although this is a pretty small change, so I may release this, and a couple of other small things, earlier.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information