FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 12 of 21 First ... 21011121314 ... Last
    The "," instead of a ";" after AC seems to be a common error in Paizo's own stat blocks.

Does the parser account for saving throws? For example, how would the parse for this ranged ability with save work?...I can get the damage to work - but not the save....

Hair Barrage [two-actions] The tarantula flicks its legs, flinging spiky hairs in a 15-foot cone. This deals 3d8 piercing damage with a DC 19 basic Reflex save.

I tried the following but dont know the syntax to add the save:
    Ranged [two-actions] Hair Barrage, Damage 3d8 piercing. The tarantula flicks its legs, flinging spiky hairs in a 15-foot cone. This deals 3d8 piercing damage with a DC 19 basic Reflex save.

There's probably others more familiar with it but I don't think the parser can automate that at the moment. I'm happy to be proven wrong though.

The parser only adds links to existing spells in modules that you have loaded. It does not add ability automation beyond that.

Running against a problem that may be caused by the spells, but I'm not sure. According to the parse log, it does parse the spells correctly, but it won't parse the Ability Mind Blast nor the Melee line. Any input is appreciated.

Code:
    NIHILOOR CREATURE 8 
    N MEDIUM ABBERATION HUMANOID
    Perception +7 darkvision, tremorsense
    Skills Acrobatics +4, Arcana +7, Athletics +4
    Str +3, Dex +3, Con -1, Int +6, Wis +4, Cha +6
    AC 26; Fort +13, Ref +13, Will +19
    HP 139; Resistances Magical 6
    Speed 30 Ft.
    Melee [one-action] mandibles +18, Damage 2d8+9 piercing
    Occult Spells 1 Focus Point, DC 26, attack +18 ; 4th Phantasmal killer; 2nd Mirror Image; 1st Phantom Pain Ray of Enfeeblement; Cantrips (4th) Telekinetic Projectile

Mind Blast [two-actions] (attack)
    Nihiloor emits a concussive wave of energy in a 60-foot cone that deals 9d6 damage (basic Will save DC 23). 1d4 rounds to recharge.

Is there supposed to be a blank line after the spells? I don't think there is.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    Is there supposed to be a blank line after the spells? I don't think there is.
    That was actually it. How embarrassing! I was under the assumption abilities required a space so I added a space between the spells and Mind Blast

Quote Originally Posted by Grivenger View Post
    I was under the assumption abilities required a space so I added a space between the spells and Mind Blast
    Subsequent abilities do, but not the first. See the examples on the previous page.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Spell lines are expected to be in the form "[tradition] [type] Spells" For instance "Druid Order Spells" or "Divine Innate Spells". Since you just have "Occult Spells" it is unable to match that pattern. Also, the place where you put Focus Points does not match the examples I see Bestiary 1, where they are inserted within parentheses directly after the spell level. For example: "Druid Order Spells DC 21; 2nd (1 Focus Point) wild morph, wild shape"

It is entirely possible that this format might have changed in subsequent bestiaries, Paizo isn't very good at maintaining consistency. Please see the stat block definitions on page 5-6 of the Bestiary. The only sources I have to go on right now are Bestiary 1 and Fall of Plaguestone, so if they have changed formats in subsequent books, someone will need to let me know.
    Last edited by darrenan; July 10th, 2020 at 17:16.

This seems to work mostly:

NIHILOOR CREATURE 8
    N MEDIUM ABBERATION HUMANOID
    Perception +7 darkvision, tremorsense
    Skills Acrobatics +4, Arcana +7, Athletics +4
    Str +3, Dex +3, Con -1, Int +6, Wis +4, Cha +6
    AC 26; Fort +13, Ref +13, Will +19
    HP 139; Resistances Magical 6
    Speed 30 Ft.
    Melee [one-action] mandibles +18, Damage 2d8+9 piercing
    Occult Focus Spells 1 Focus Point, DC 26, attack +18; 4th Phantasmal killer; 2nd Mirror Image; 1st Phantom Pain Ray of Enfeeblement; Cantrips (4th) Telekinetic Projectile
    Mind Blast [two-actions] (attack)
    Nihiloor emits a concussive wave of energy in a 60-foot cone that deals 9d6 damage (basic Will save DC 23). 1d4 rounds to recharge.

Thread Information