DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 29 First ... 67891018 ... Last
    Could you point out which Height extension?

Thank you very much SilentRuin!!

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by eriktedesco View Post
    Could you point out which Height extension?

Thank you very much SilentRuin!!

Erik
    I "think" it was this one. Somehow it was triggering my token logic (where a setActive call is defined among other things - that was just the first) on the player side of things generating a zillion "setActive not in host" type of calls after end turn (end turn is modified by me - not one you can call the old code version either in 3 of my extensions - Combat Groups, Polymorphism, and Assistant GM - all in the same way for handling shared NPC ownership - per each of my .txt file extension details in each page 1 thread) on the player side. I thought about trying to guard that token setting call to only be called by host but I could not see anyway it COULD be legally called by anything but host in my code so am leaving it till that extension is fixed for latest stuff. Then maybe revisit if there is still a conflict.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 21st, 2021 at 14:29.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

FGU 4.1.10 (Ultimate) (2021-02-04)
    Combat Groups 1.7

Setup 41 groups in my Dragon of Icespire Peak yesterday and everything was working fine - I could close the map and reopen and the tokens would appear and any of the groups I chose would appear in the CT. Today, got into the campaign to work on it and when I brought the map up, no tokens were showing and while the group names are still listed in the CT, selecting any of them adds nothing to the CT.
    Jim Hale
    Ultimate License - D&D5E (AL)
    DDAL-DCI: 4317029791
    Game Signups (Calendar)

Sounds like you did what I warned to be careful about in Page 1 .txt file and several posts in this thread.

Basically read this post a few above yours if you don't want to dig into the detailed .txt file.

Gist being I think you cleared all the items out of your CT via the menu buttons. Which I warn specifically would wipe out all your work - I think I put it in all caps somewhere also.

Pretty sure you forgot you had all these things in CT and instead of removing them out with the group delete you just wiped the entire CT DB records like a normal CT when you were done with a menu global CT command. Not something you want to do in this world.

I'll check but I never deleted anything from the CT - i just made groups visible and non-visible. and they worked several times yesterday but didn't work today.
    Jim Hale
    Game Signups (Calendar)

Quote Originally Posted by JHale1966 View Post
    I'll check but I never deleted anything from the CT - i just made groups visible and non-visible. and they worked several times yesterday but didn't work today.
    We can talk in PM if you can duplicate it - but in a normal day to day running of the CT what do you do when your players are done with the encounter? Do you individually delete the NPCs out of the CT? Or do you mouse over the menu button at the bottom and clear out all enemies or something? ALL enemies in CT. Did you read that post I referenced?

I haven't used this in a live environment - testing before I get caught with my pants down, like I did today. Normally I would delete the NPC's as they died but as I said, I'm still in testing mode.
    Jim Hale
    Game Signups (Calendar)

Well I'll PM you - not seen this and none of the others have seen this yet who use it. Never say never - maybe something unique going on here so I'll contact you in PM. But it given what you described - groups still there - nothing in them - nothing in maps - that is exactly what will happen if you use the global menu command to remove all things out of the CT. Because the groups are still in the CT - just not visible in it per the post I referenced you.

Okie dokie - and I'll try and do a Camtasia recording of my process when I have a few mins.
    Jim Hale
    Game Signups (Calendar)

I bought this today and could make very good use of it. Unfortunately it throws some errors when being loaded vanilla into PF2 campaigns (mostly CT hook based it seems). So I will have to try to modify it for my PF2 usage, as we don't play 5E. I know that this is a 5E extension, like many useful ones out there, but this is really needed functionality for many GMs.

One problem I see is that having many tokens active on the map also means that many LOS calculations have to be done. And FGU did not demonstrate to be very performant at doing so yet.

Thread Information