STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

CoC 7th Ed. - Horror on the Orient Express

Hey folks,

I am looking at starting my first ever CoC campaign here in Pittsburgh and was wondering if anyone had pulled in the material from the Kickstarter: Horror on the Orient Express? I am new to both FG and CoC and would entertain constructive advice.

Thanks all!

-Larke

Hi, Shadowlarke, and welcome to Fantasy Grounds!

I haven't done so yet but HotOE is on my todo list to run with my Cthulhu group. What I plan to do is just copy images and create stat blocks for NPCs, maybe enter some text to display to the players, but otherwise just run/read from the PDFs on a second monitor. I do not have the time or desire to enter all the books into Fantasy Grounds.

Hope that answers your question, if not let us know!

Happy gaming!

Kelly

The official module(s) is on the conversion list, but will take a while to come through.

Love knowing that it's on the list, I might wait for it to come out before running it, since I'll likely be using Fantasy Grounds to play it.

I second NotRussellCrowe advice. This is the way I've been running scenarios/campaigns that haven't been added to FG yet, and it's never been any issues with that. It's rather quick to add images and NPCs.

It's however great to know that it's on the "todo" list of things to come.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmward View Post
    The official module(s) is on the conversion list, but will take a while to come through.
    Awesome. I wouldn't have expected it to come to FG since they have just recently discontinued the physical product. Good luck to the person who converts it, that's a lot of content!!

Quote Originally Posted by NotRussellCrowe View Post
    Awesome. I wouldn't have expected it to come to FG since they have just recently discontinued the physical product.
    The electronic version is still available, so it's not really a discontinued product (I know you said "physical" in your comment) - it's just that Chaosium won't reprint a physical version of the product in the current form.

If keepers are running on FG do they really need the physical product? It's nice for reading away from the game, but not a requirement...
    Last edited by Trenloe; December 6th, 2017 at 17:24.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The electronic version is still available, so it's not really a discontinued product (I know you said "physical" in your comment) - it's just that Chaosium won't reprint a physical version of the product in the current form.

If keepers are running on FG do they really need the physical product? It's nice for reading away from the game, but not a requirement...
    You are correct about that, Trenloe, I think I was insinuating since it's not in print it's not available, which is obviously incorrect as it is clearly available from their site and DriveThruRPG (or one of their sites). I'm just biased towards physical products so sometimes that bias comes through.

For myself I prefer to read from a physical product; I have trouble reading for long periods of time when viewing on a screen. Loving the Bits & Mortar program as I can get both for the same price. One day I'm sure I'll switch completely digital, but today is not that day.

Quote Originally Posted by NotRussellCrowe View Post
    For myself I prefer to read from a physical product; I have trouble reading for long periods of time when viewing on a screen.
    Yeah, me too.

I noticed that the digital version of Horror comes with Kindle files for the main books - makes it a little bit easier to view away from the computer screen - but not completely away from a screen!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hey, just one curious question.

Is there a release date set? Been playing the physical version but like to launch a online version

Thread Information