5E Character Create Playlist
Page 12 of 15 First ... 21011121314 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    I'm not sure where this puts my purely FGU 5e (which is based on CoreRPG) ruleset code architecture (no data) extensions. Asking them for clarification - but also figured I'd ask here based on this mail DMsG just sent me.
    That sounds like they might be reconsidering. But I don't think DriveThruRPG can work (for the stuff not tied to 5e)...isn't that stopped through a different agreement?

Quote Originally Posted by DM_BK View Post
    That sounds like they might be reconsidering. But I don't think DriveThruRPG can work (for the stuff not tied to 5e)...isn't that stopped through a different agreement?
    I'm still trying to get clarity. That's all I want to understand what is and what is not good for DMsG. I can read the current responses like all my stuff are applicable but am being told one is not. Its getting kind of frustrating. Ruleset 5E is in all my extensions - its a thing. Even Combat Groups is 5E.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I think they are in the process of figuring out what is correct in the moment, too; but, when I understood correctly, a shift to DriveThrough is not simply allowed, see https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ing-Read-First! (also the posts afterwards, one needs a separate agreement).

SilentRuin, if your ext is coded to only work in 5e and won't run for Savage Worlds or Dungeon World, then it would appear they've been mis-informed somehow? I'd let them know that your ext will exclusively only run in 5e?

Blog Entries
    Give them time. And until Doug says otherwise, FG code can not be sold on DriveThru.

Sounds to me like people are trying to figure it out, and trying to keep authors informed, but I don't think they have consensus yet that they need.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Give them time. And until Doug says otherwise, FG code can not be sold on DriveThru.

Sounds to me like people are trying to figure it out, and trying to keep authors informed, but I don't think they have consensus yet that they need.
    Really? Because the last mail I got has me even more confused. Almost contradicts the previous one.

The specification we have is that for a Fantasy Grounds title to be allowed on DMsGuild it must be supplemental material for Dungeons & Dragons, like an adventure, not something that updates the general use of the Fantasy Grounds program.

We state this in our FAQs on Content and Format as well as our FAQs on Fantasy Grounds.

We are not singling you or your title out and are offering you the option to move this title, and others like it, to DriveThruRPG, which we can do for you as long as you have a publisher account there.

I've CC'd some of OneBookShelf team on this email as well.
    And now your saying FG extensions can't be sold in DrivethruRPG?

I am utterly. Completely. Lost.

No idea what is going on anymore with FG/DMsG/WotC.

Really? Because the last mail I got has me even more confused. Almost contradicts the previous one.

And now your saying FG extensions can't be sold in DrivethruRPG?

I am utterly. Completely. Lost.

No idea what is going on anymore with FG/DMsG/WotC.
    About DriveThorugh: Yes, not simply allowed from SmiteWorks' side, see my link in the answer above

As LordEntrails said, we should wait until everything got figured out

Blog Entries
    Read Doug's earlier post in this thread. There are two ways prior to this week that FG extensions could be legally sold;
    1) with a license agreement with SmiteWorks
    2) Via the DMsGuild.

#2 now has been removed (permanently or not)

Note that DriveThru is not on his list. SmiteWorks does not have an agreement with DriveThru. Yes DriveThru and DMSG are both operated by OBS, but that doesn't mean that OBS/DriveThru has an agreement with SmiteWorks to sell FG extensions on DriveThru.

I suspect the support person who works for OBS doesn't know this and is trying to be as helpful and responsive to you as they can be. But they don't know that FG XML code is protected by copyright. I'm sure they assume you own the intellectual property rights to everything in your code, but you don't. Hence the problem with just moving it to DriveThru.

A solution might be for SmiteWorks to sign a contract with DriveThru to allow such, but that too is going to take time. And it looks like Doug was trying to see if he could get the FG extension Forge up and running in a reasonable amount of time. But if I remember correctly he said that would take them a week or so to figure out.

Hence why I keep suggesting patience.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Read Doug's earlier post in this thread. There are two ways prior to this week that FG extensions could be legally sold;
    1) with a license agreement with SmiteWorks
    2) Via the DMsGuild.

#2 now has been removed (permanently or not)

Note that DriveThru is not on his list. SmiteWorks does not have an agreement with DriveThru. Yes DriveThru and DMSG are both operated by OBS, but that doesn't mean that OBS/DriveThru has an agreement with SmiteWorks to sell FG extensions on DriveThru.

I suspect the support person who works for OBS doesn't know this and is trying to be as helpful and responsive to you as they can be. But they don't know that FG XML code is protected by copyright. I'm sure they assume you own the intellectual property rights to everything in your code, but you don't. Hence the problem with just moving it to DriveThru.

A solution might be for SmiteWorks to sign a contract with DriveThru to allow such, but that too is going to take time. And it looks like Doug was trying to see if he could get the FG extension Forge up and running in a reasonable amount of time. But if I remember correctly he said that would take them a week or so to figure out.

Hence why I keep suggesting patience.
    I am coming to the conclusion that nobody knows what they are talking about. Skipping the mails I've been receiving I'll simply give my last response as it applies to FG/DMsG/WOTC.

See if you can understand my frustration from my point of view.

I was told WOTC had clarified it was not all .ext files.
    I was told not two responses ago that one of my extensions was good to stay.
    I said there was no difference between that one and any of my others, all were for 5E D&D ruleset in Fantasy Grounds Unity.
    I was then told the complete opposite from the last messages.
    I was then reaffirmed that no .ext are allowed and they've been very clear about that.
    I was told that I should move all my stuff to DrivethruRPG.
    I'm now told by Fantasy Grounds that, no that is not allowed.

I do believe any rational person would see my point of view about the need for clarity. And trust me - I don't have it.
    Anyone. Anyone at all, that tries to explain to me that people are telling me things with clear clarity is simply not seeing what I'm seeing.

I've been given contradictory information by all parties.

But I suppose only I have that opinion.

I am totally confused - now they are telling me this...

But combat extensions is limited in ruleset use to 5E only - how can this not be still ok if the others are ok? I'm utterly confused.
    Tell them that the Combat Groups Extension only works for 5E.

Also as LordEntrails said, patience. See how it pans out and try not to worry.
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; December 2nd, 2020 at 21:09.

Thread Information