FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 19 of 28 First ... 91718192021 ... Last

Thread: PFRPG Spellbook

no I removed the mod re - downloaded the mod again then tried the mod again and what I get is the various dragon types with resist 20 not immune , for example I get Form Of The Dragon III (Black/Green/Copper);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;RESIST:20 acid ..

I don't know what the problem is but I kept fiddling with it and there was no change at all..
    Last edited by Strongrunner; February 10th, 2021 at 23:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Strongrunner View Post
    no I removed the mod re - downloaded the mod again then tried the mod again and what I get is the various dragon types with resist 20 not immune , for example I get Form Of The Dragon III (Black/Green/Copper);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;RESIST:20 acid ..

I don't know what the problem is but I kept fiddling with it and there was no change at all..
    Just downloading it again doesn't cause the changes to be loaded.
    Right-click it in the library and click the 'shuffle' button labeled "revert changes".

Strongrunner,
    Did you get this resolved?

To expand on what bmos said. If you have customized the spell locally then it will not be overwritten by the latest version from the PFRPG - Spellbook module. You will need to 'revert' your changes.

If the icon to the right of the spell is a book with a pencil then this spell has been modified locally. To 'revert' this spell so that it uses the PFRPG - Spellbook module, right click on the spell and click on the 'Revert Changes' icon at the 11 o' clock position. The icon for the spell should now be a book (without the pencil). This indicates that is it using the spell from the PFRPG - Spellbook module. After this replace the spell in the character sheet with the spell from the PFRPG - Spellbook.

Let me know if that still does not work.

In the image below
    The Form of the Dragon I [Y] spell is coming from the PFRPG - Spellbook module. As indicated by the book icon.
    The Form of the Dragon III [Y] spell has been modified locally, which is where the spell is coming from. As indicated by the book with pencil icon.

Right clicking on the spell brings up the radial menu. At the 11 o' clock position is the Revert Changes option.

You can also revert all changes to the PFRPG - Spellbook by going into the 'Data Module Activation' window, right clicking on the module itself and clicking on the 'Revert Changes'. This will remove all local customizations for that module.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dllewell; February 16th, 2021 at 16:34.

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    To expand on what bmos said. If you have customized the spell locally then it will not be overwritten by the latest version from the PFRPG - Spellbook module. You will need to 'revert' your changes.
    I'm pretty sure it's even worse than that! When you have a module loaded and it gets updated, the updates don't show up unless you unload/reload the module (or revert changes, if they exist).

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's even worse than that! When you have a module loaded and it gets updated, the updates don't show up unless you unload/reload the module (or revert changes, if they exist).
    Next to each entry in the list you normally see a book, denoting that it is from a module If you've edited it, then there will be also a quill; the entries with a quill won't be updated automatically to avoid overwriting your changes; all other entries will be updated (you can also right-click on such an entry with quill to just revert changes there)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    all other entries will be updated
    ah, maybe it's just the /reload command that doesn't automatically load module changes.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    ah, maybe it's just the /reload command that doesn't automatically load module changes.
    hmm, good call, not sure on that front

Sorry I took so long to reply - I got a lot going on here and that take priority.. As for the Mod - No nothing works - I can't find a way of going back on the changes (I think because I am not running the adventure).. It don't matter that much as long as the spell works for me and does what it is supposed to - I guess I can live with it...

Other than the problem with form of the dragon III the mod helps me a great deal in working out the spells for my wizard (as the Character is very very complicated not having to worry as much about the spells is a big weight off my mind)
    Last edited by Strongrunner; February 22nd, 2021 at 14:43.

No nothing works - I can't find a way of going back on the changes (I think because I am not running the adventure).. It don't matter that much as long as the spell works for me and does what it is supposed to - I guess I can live with it...

Other than the problem with form of the dragon III the mod helps me a great deal in working out the spells for my wizard (as the Character is very very complicated not having to worry as much about the spells is a big weight off my mind)
    Did you try the above? Did you also try in a new campaign? If it does not work in a new campaign, then it is likely that you copy the module to the wrong place maybe

I can't find a way of going back on the changes
    Have you removed the spell from the Wizard's Actions tab and dragged it back in? Adding spells to the actions tab makes a copy which does not get updated when the module changes.

Thread Information