STAR TREK 2d20

View Poll Results: How should Autosounds Trigger?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep as is (OOB Messages)

3 6.12%
  • Off Chat Window Strings (more manual work for GM)

4 8.16%
  • Have Both Options Avalaible

38 77.55%
  • Don't care

4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 163 First ... 6789101858108 ... Last
    OK, I need some help off my fellow Community Devs - I can't get the Drag-n-Drop part of the Categories Tags working for the Sound Board part of this Extension. It works for the Sound Entry and Autosound Lists, and I can Drag-n-Drop a Sound Link from somewhere else to the new Categories list, and if the new Category is "active" on the Sound Board a new Sound Link created from a Sound Entry is placed in the new Category, but the "standard" moving a link from one category to another won't work.

I'll provide the relevant code to those who ask (via a PM or an email).

Thanks
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Stupid question, but I haven't seen it addressed yet. So here goes...

Is there a way to use your own sound effects (.mp3, .wav) outside of Syrinscape? The sounds that Syrinscape provides are nice, but I have gobs of sound effects/background music, etc. that I would like to use in my campaigns.

Thanks for any replies
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Weepdrag View Post
    Is there a way to use your own sound effects (.mp3, .wav) outside of Syrinscape? The sounds that Syrinscape provides are nice, but I have gobs of sound effects/background music, etc. that I would like to use in my campaigns.
    Yep. Basically, as long as the "sound string" you provide will work within your internet browser then you can potentially start anything. If you're pointing to a file, the type (file extension) of that file must be set to auto start a relevant application.

For example, if I have a file: D:\Temp\preview.mp3 and .mp3 files auto-run in Windows Media Player (or whatever player you use) then just adding D:\Temp\preview.mp3 as the "sound string" in the sounds extension will open your media player and play the file D:\Temp\preview.mp3 when you click the sound link. If you've setup your media player to output to the music channel you have on TS then you'll be golden.

A good test is to try the sound string in your Internet browser first and see if it works before you add it to FG.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

And, of course, you can point to online musical resources. An example from soundcloud.com:
    Code:
    https://soundcloud.com/rpg-maker/sets/emotional-music-pack
    Just use the above as your "sound string" and FG will open your registered browser and start playing.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe, ,
    That's awesome, I'll give that a try when I get back to the server.

Thanks again
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

Actually, that functionality is a bug which has been removed from the (soon(tm) to be released) new version - although I am working on something else that will allow the type of thing that Trenloe describes
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Actually, that functionality is a bug which has been removed from the (soon(tm) to be released) new version - although I am working on something else that will allow the type of thing that Trenloe describes
    He giveth and he taketh.

I am having a lot of fun with that bug! I keep trying to see what I can do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    He giveth and he taketh.
    All praise to him, for he hath returned from his mountain retreat to do battle upon the unworthy whom seek to usurp him
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

All praise to him, for he hath returned from his mountain retreat to do battle upon the unworthy whom seek to usurp him
    Awesome! It looks like we are going to see a battle between two Champion Immortals. Who's taking the wagers? :P

Thread Information