STAR TREK 2d20

Need some direction or a guide to make some NPC's for P2.

Greetings folks.

In an effort to keep my players on their toes I am changing a couple encounters in HK hill. This is because I think some of the players might have read some of the encounters online. While this is 'bad' it doesn't surprise me. The solution to this has always been to change things a bit so if they think they know whats behind door number 1 which is 'nothing or an easy' encounter suddenly is off script and causing them to panic.

To that end I want to create an NPC female Human caster lvl 3. She will be another Necromancer who was in the citadel creating the northern rooms as a lair of sorts. My party is 5 players and I wanted to make it a challenge. I was going to add 1 imp and 4 zombie shamblers.

This is my first attempt at creating an NPC in FG for P2. Is there a building guide somewhere or a resource that is specific to the P2 rule-set that can help me build one?

The only guidelines i know of are those in the Game Mastering chapter. Page 488-489, and some common sense to top it of. But i found those rules solid enough to build good encounters.
    Fantasy Grounds Official Discord Server
    [ULTIMATE LICENSE HOLDER]
    [FGU BACKER]

Building the encounter I have. In fact my xp budget is 155. What i need is to be able to create a lvl 3 NPC. My options at this point are to just build one using the hero builder or 'guess' using a new creature in Shades Bestiary.

You could use the FG character builder, build a lvl 1 wizard with necromantic spells. Then level him up to lvl 3, choosing fiting feats, spells and abilities. After that, tweak him into your wanted NPC, trying to keep the balance somewhat. After that, use him as is for your encounter, or create an NPC using him as a base. That's the way i would go.
    [FGU BACKER]

That is what I am doing now. I was hoping there was a slightly less detailed way to build the NPC.

Not to my knowledge unfortinitly. Maybe someone will write an extension or tool in the future, but for now this is the only way afaik.
    [FGU BACKER]

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    That is what I am doing now. I was hoping there was a slightly less detailed way to build the NPC.
    Try using the monster builder rules from the GMG preview, available here: Monster and Hazard Creation

Basically, just build the NPC as a monster and then give it a couple wizard abilities/some spellcasting.

Hmmm that was how it was done in old pathfinder. I downloaded that from paizo. Does FG have the same thing here?

No gamemastery rules do not follow NPCs as PCs rules (they use top down conceptual targets rather than bottom up construction), but you can do that and it will work OK.

Thread Information