FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Extension or Option to roll defense

Hi,

I am new to FG and in our pathfinder Iron Gods game we are using an optional rule were you roll 1d20+def bonus instead of using the fixed 10+defense bonus.
    I was wondering if there was a way to easily recreate this with an existing extension or an option to unlock in FG.

in the end i would like to use this in both my pathfinder (iron gods) and 5e game (curse of strahd).

ty.
    May the Death of your hero open new horizons and bring a new beginning full of challenge and adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard339 View Post
    Hi,

I am new to FG and in our pathfinder Iron Gods game we are using an optional rule were you roll 1d20+def bonus instead of using the fixed 10+defense bonus.
    I was wondering if there was a way to easily recreate this with an existing extension or an option to unlock in FG.

in the end i would like to use this in both my pathfinder (iron gods) and 5e game (curse of strahd).

ty.
    Welcome

There is not an extension I know of, it is possible to code something like this, I guess, but it would certainly need some/a major rewrite of the code, especially when one wants to include the defense roll with the physical dice system/code. Using a random table for the defense roll instead might be easy to code though because one only needs to replace the generic 10 with a random table going from 1 to 20 (but just guessing at the moment, it gets often more complicated than expected ) Maybe someone can do this for you or already did

[Moved to the 3.5E/PF subforum]

Welcome to the FG forums Alucard339!

See this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...atic-10-for-AC And post #33 for an extension. This will need updating to v3.3.9 code - don't run this for anything other than testing as the script it uses has been modified in the three years since that extension was made.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ty for the answer, Ill look into it and see what i can do with it.
    I do intend to try implementing our game style in FG, once i learn enough lua coding.
    May the Death of your hero open new horizons and bring a new beginning full of challenge and adventure...

Blog Entries
    You can also just do it manually until you get an extension to work. Just setup a 1d20+10 roll in a hotbar and manually calculate the hit/miss.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Ty for the answer, Ill look into it and see what i can do with it.
    I do intend to try implementing our game style in FG, once i learn enough lua coding.
    Hi

I shortly took a look and the original author indeed took the easy way: he replaced the 10 with math.random(20) Thence, I shortly updated it to the actual FG version, but I didn't test it yet due to time issues (I took a very short glimpse over it, so, please tell me whether it works; the chat message for the attack is changed such that you can see the roll of the AC roll)

Just in case: When you use some of my extensions, especially anything with the advanced effects extension, then my extension will overwrite this here. When you want a combination of both, then please tell me I can shortly do that

PS: For some reason the bonusses coming from effects for AC and ATK were not been accounted into the rolls in this extension; so, I am not sure whether there was some other meaning of this extension or some oversight on my side. Maybe this was a bug back then or a design decision. Thus, please test the extension before you use it ingame In this extension the effects are now accounted into the automation

EDIT: When you want to update this on your own: Only manager_action_attack.lua got changed. I added comments in form of KEL and END, everything between is what you have to add to that file to make it work

EDIT2: Reuploaded it, for a little bit better chat message
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kelrugem; December 17th, 2019 at 04:00.

I will look into it for sure and try it.
    I didn't have access to internet yesterday, so I experience with lua and made it too as you can see in picture below.

Defense Result.png

Thank you everyone for your help.
    Last edited by Alucard339; December 17th, 2019 at 17:01.

I will look into it for sure and try it.
    I didn't have access to internet yesterday, so I experience with lua and made it too as you can see in picture below. Defense Result.png

Thanks to all of you for your help.
    Ah, cool Let us know when you need any help

The extension is for 3.5e and PF1. I am writing this because I see a roll with disadvantage in your image such that you seemingly write your extension for 5e? (I remember that you wanted it in both rulesets) The manager_action_attack.lua is different in both rulesets, so you need two extensions at the end

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Ah, cool
    The extension is for 3.5e and PF1. I am writing this because I see a roll with disadvantage in your image such that you seemingly write your extension for 5e? (I remember that you wanted it in both rulesets) The manager_action_attack.lua is different in both rulesets, so you need two extensions at the end
    You are right the one I post was for 5e since my next Xmas game will be in 5e. End up working well with you making the PF1.

Quick question that I am not sure should be here or not, but if you can answer it or point me in the good direction it would be appreciated.

Still in 5e for now.

I start understanding how lua function. but so far i still need to find where to find the ActionsManager function and/or rRoll one (see below) as I want to add a special rule that on a natural 20, you reroll another d20 and add them (kind of like savage world exploding dices). My issue is that i want the d20 dice show the final result (ie: 1d20+3 where the program roll a 20 and a 7 would show either this = [27] + 3 30 or [20] + [7] + 3 30).

"rAction.nTotal = ActionsManager.total(rRoll);"

thank you fro your help.

Thread Information