DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Add drone to a sheet as a companion?

There’s a companion spot on main character sheet. Is there a way to add the drone for my mechanic to my sheet as my companion? GM and self tried to add by drag and drop. Error message: GM adds to sheet or something like that pops up as character.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Unless Samarex has coded in companion support, the usual technique is for the GM to build your companion as an NPC. The GM can then share it with its owner by dropping it on that player's portrait on the FG desktop. It only lasts one session, however, so the GM will need to remember to do that each time.

You can create the Drone as a PC. The Races are in the Core Rule Book.
    You can not at this point add it to your character sheet as a companion. (Hope it will change in the future.)

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Correct me if I am wrong, but Drones don't follow Companion progression/combat/ability rules do they? If not, then it won't be a companion in the AA3 sense...which is what the companion is coded for.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

No, they do not. My"(Hope it will change in the future.)" was for the same functionality in linking them to the character sheet.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

How about for ships? Do I have to build a ship from scratch for players or can I drag the sunrise maiden for Instance and drop it character ships?

I looked at the module data for Sunrise Maiden and that won't drag n drop to the PC Ship sheet. I had to actually build it by hand with the PC Ship sheet. Course that module was created before we started work on the Ship Combat extension. Some things might need some updating once Ship Combat gets merged with the base code. So for rule of thumb at the moment is if it involves the PC Ship sheet, it would need to be created manually for now.

Gotcha. I was trying to mount the weapons on the ship in the manual bill and it kept giving me an error saying I didn’t have enough mount of points or something.. Any idea what that’s about and how to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    No, they do not. My"(Hope it will change in the future.)" was for the same functionality in linking them to the character sheet.
    That might be possable, as its just a link to the companion sheet, We couold psssably put it to be the Drone link aslo.
    I will have to take a look at it.
    The only draw back would be the if you place you Drone there you would not be able to have a Companion.

Quote Originally Posted by dane2025 View Post
    Gotcha. I was trying to mount the weapons on the ship in the manual bill and it kept giving me an error saying I didn’t have enough mount of points or something.. Any idea what that’s about and how to fix it?
    That's easy-ish, but has to be done manually. First, go to the weapon tab and edit/add (+) a light weapon mount and set it for the rear slot. Then under the Main tab: BP Summery add a line for 3 BP for the added weapon mount, because that's the cost of a new light mount on pg 305 in the core rulebook.

Thread Information