STAR TREK 2d20
Page 8 of 14 First ... 678910 ... Last

Thanks a lot for the update.
    Regarding the handling of mobs and squads I had an idea the other day. That idea is based on the "Mirror Image Handler" extension for the Pathfinder ruleset. This extension is used to apply the Mirror Image spell effect on the target and calculate automatically whether an image is hit and if so, it's removed.
    The way the extension works is that it adds an effect to the combat tracker entry that has a number of stacks equal to the mirror images the spell creates. Then, when the target is attacked and the attack hits, the extension calculates the probability to hit one of the images instead of the actual target (which I assume does by giving to each image and the actual target an equal probability to be the target of the attack). If an image is hit, it removes one from the stack that the combat tracker entry has as an effect. It also removes one stack for a near miss but that's due to how the mirror image spell works and it's not relevant here.
    Here is the thread about that extension https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...dler-extension
    Now, how can this be useful here. If we have a mob that consists from a number of minions (let's say 5), then we can have one CT entry with a stack of 5. The CT entry will have all the stress info of the identical minions. When damage is done on that mob, the system can calculate the number of harms done and remove an equal number from the stack. If there is excess damage, it's subtracted from the CT entry stress value. Then after stress reaches 0, one stack is removed and stress value goes back to full with any excess damage applied to the new value. When the stack reaches 0 the mob is killed.
    The same way when there is a squad, there will be a CT entry for the toughened leader and another CT entry of the minion with the stack of up to 4.
    I admit that the Mob window you showed us in your previous update looks great, so keep up the good work.

OK, this is taking very very long and I can't believe it is that hard to fix the encoding in the modules for Unity, restore the default party sheet and deliver this long waited overhaul of the reference manual! I don't date to comment the alignment of number fields in the character sheet...

Now I don't see the calendar, what the hell happened with the calendar after the last push???
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Now I don't see the calendar, what the hell happened with the calendar after the last push???
    Take a deep breath and calm down a bit. Nothing's changed. You need to enable this extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ture-extension
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Take a deep breath and calm down a bit. Nothing's changed. You need to enable this extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ture-extension
    I totally forgot about that! I reinstalled few months ago and didn't bring that back. Thanks!

Also, I threw these guys a bit of a curve ball with this last update; so they are scrambling to understand the changes I pushed on them. However, the net result is that Conan and their future projects should work better with the CoreRPG features after our work together.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    However, the net result is that Conan and their future projects should work better with the CoreRPG features after our work together.
    Fantastic!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Also, I threw these guys a bit of a curve ball with this last update; so they are scrambling to understand the changes I pushed on them. However, the net result is that Conan and their future projects should work better with the CoreRPG features after our work together.

Regards,
    JPG
    Yeah, I do apologize for the lack of progress. This update turned our code on it's head, and took a ton of rework. Thankfully Moon Wizard has been a great support, and helped us through it. Now that this is taken care of, we can go back to doing the things on our task list.
    Wesley Toma-Lee
    Lead Developer
    Nerd Eye Industries
    https://www.nerdeyeindustries.com

Looking forward to the update

So, its been awhile since I followed any of this. I see updates about the progress, but I do not see any of the actual updates implemented into what I am using. Have the above updates been pushed out yet? Maybe mine has not updated for some reason?

They are not pushed. Nothing changed so far.

Thread Information