Starfinder Playlist
Page 42 of 53 First ... 32404142434452 ... Last
    I have a session this weekend with some range characters. I would be happy to test a UI and gather feedback from them after, if that would be of value.

the other option looks like this
    https://i.imgur.com/bsVVZKA.png

I don't want to make a working prototype of that unless it's chosen as the approach because it means changing stuff in other places that will have to be rolled back if it isn't liked

It does look like the hits are tied to the recovery that way. Maybe stack the ammo and recovery selections on top and the two lines for misses and hits under. . A vertical stack, that way the selections feel connected and the misses and hits don't feel connected to any one selector?

Yeah, having them connected just feels less flexible

Ammunition Manager v4.0-beta.2
    • Reworked UI in 5E and PFRPG to count hits and misses separately and allow recovering either to different ammo items (such as for magic items that lose their magic when they hit).
    • Pretty major back-end changes to support these changes in a modular fashion.
    • All data for extension is now stored in a sub-node of each weapon rather than directly inside the weapon -- kind of like having a subfolder.
    • Removed Starfinder support as it is being forked into its own extension by SoxMax.
    • Updated UI to resize its width along with the rest of the weapon details window.
    • Optional Custom Weapons ext can now add and remove item names and properties from search lists.
    Click here to see raw code changes

This has been pushed to FG Forge's Test channel.

The UI is kind of a middle ground between the previews I posted.
    Last edited by bmos; March 20th, 2023 at 01:37.

Very cool. My first tests indicate it is working well. I like the new layout. I will have the group test it today and report back.
    Last edited by nephranka; March 19th, 2023 at 12:30.

I have (a bit prematurely) uploaded a new "custom weapons" extension to the first post for use with v4.
    It can now allow adding/removing search terms for weapon name and properties.
    For users of v3 versions, it only allows adding weapon names.
    Last edited by bmos; March 19th, 2023 at 15:19.

Initial test of this did not remove "load" from crossbows when I added the line to the 5e section. It maybe me misunderstanding how to use the new ext but I thought I could remove the load and no longer need to add the noload property.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Initial test of this did not remove "load" from crossbows when I added the line to the 5e section. It maybe me misunderstanding how to use the new ext but I thought I could remove the load and no longer need to add the noload property.
    Did your line say table.insert(AmmunitionManager.tNoLoadWeapons, 'crossbow')?

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Did your line say table.insert(AmmunitionManager.tNoLoadWeapons, 'crossbow')?
    function onInit()
    local sRuleset = User.getRulesetName()
    -- replace result handlers
    if sRuleset == "PFRPG" or sRuleset == "3.5E" then
    table.insert(AmmunitionManager.tLoadWeapons, 'T-Shirt Cannon') -- use lines like these to require loading actions for weapons that include this word in their name
    table.insert(AmmunitionManager.tLoadWeaponProps, 'junk') -- use lines like these to require loading actions for weapons with this property
    table.insert(AmmunitionManager.tNoLoadWeapons, 'crossbow') -- use lines like these to remove loading actions from weapons that include this word
    table.insert(AmmunitionManager.tNoLoadWeaponProps, 'heroic') -- use lines like these to remove loading actions for weapons with this property
    elseif sRuleset == "4E" then
    table.insert(AmmunitionManager.tLoadWeapons, 'Softball Bat')
    elseif sRuleset == "5E" then
    table.insert(AmmunitionManager.tNoLoadWeapons, 'crossbow') -- use lines like these to remove loading actions from weapons that include this word
    end
    end

Thread Information