Starfinder Playlist
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
    Ah, ok. I just realised that I'm on TEST where the feats list is now broken down into pages rather that one long list. So it's only opening the first 100 feats. So looks like that one has been addressed.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Let's not target posts at specific individuals within the company or the community. This thread title is personally directed and some of the posts and comments I'm seeing flying around are also personal. Those things create and foster animosity and are not conducive to a constructive discussion.

From SmiteWorks side, we work on a lot of different priorities and they may not line up with any specific user's priorities. Providing reports from multiple users of seemingly related or similar issues is helpful to demonstrate the breadth of the effect across the community. If your issue affects normal usage, it is often prioritized higher than academic exercises. They are both helpful, but the ones that affect our common usage scenarios get ranked higher. If an issue can be reproduced without thirdparty extensions, then this is even better because it helps us narrow down our focus and rule out something within the extension.

We are understaffed on who can research and dig into these issues. We have two developers who recently left and two new hires, one of which is currently redirected to work on another pressing issue that came up -- the FG Forge. We also have a handful of community rulesets that we have inherited or had to jump into to work on. Bringing any new resources on board falls heavily on Moon Wizard and I don't expect to get the same level of expertise any time soon on any other resources. As it is, we do have to pick and choose what we work on next. If something is a high priority for you, it may not be the highest priority for many other users. We monitor the forums, customer support emails, social media, and other direct communications with both current and prospective customers all the time. If you don't think we are managing these to your liking and you think another VTT will align better with your priorities, then that is certainly your prerogative.

Going forward, please avoid making any personal posts or commentary and focus solely on reports that can be used to reproduce and test issues once we get to that point and to posts which help provide insight into the severity of the issue for you personally, in a normal usage scenario.

Like before, I will follow up with new data in a year again, even just to see my thread closed again without anyone even trying to discuss the data content posted. Some people feel that one follow up per year is spamming, but I can arrange that with my conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    From SmiteWorks side, we work on a lot of different priorities and they may not line up with any specific user's priorities.
    You keep handling the symptoms on a per case basis instead of tackling the causes. When you deliberately ignore reproducible memory leaks, extreme CPU (single thread) overload and clear evidence of autosave related program breakdowns then your priorities are the cause of your own and your customers misery. Symptoms vs. causes.

PS: Concerning the deleted "entitlement" message. I bought perpetual Ultimate licenses for Classic and Unity. I did not hear back from developers about the original thread/issue for a whole year. Do I lose my entitlement to support after that?
    Last edited by Weissrolf; December 1st, 2021 at 20:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Do I lose my entitlement to support after that?
    I have always heard back from Moon and company if I had a relevant clear demonstration of a problem. Does that mean I've heard back on everything I've posted that I felt would be nice to hear back on?

Of course not.

I think its safe to say my occasional blunt statements have annoyed some - including various members of the FGU staff

But I have understood the context of what I could reasonably expect to happen. Even if I voiced my opinion anyway.

So we share that. What we don't share though...

Is your inability to listen to what they are telling you. And simply plow on ahead as if they have never said a word.

But, back to point on your question about "Do I lose my entitlement to support after that?"...

You have gotten support and interactions. So in that aspect of your question the answer would be "You've had support.".

But in the true context of your question, I'm not a fan of people phrasing a question that is not really a question but a carefully crafted way of making their point with no real way to answer it.

While you have an unlimited license, as I do, you are not "unlimited" in support and interactions.

So if that clashes with your sense of "unlimited" entitlement to these things, or your feeling you should be able to create "unlimited" posts with no real new information or message... Sorry. It is what it is.

Listen to what they tell you they can do or don't.

But if you feel they have not gotten your overall message or "You're not doing it right, I could do better"... do not worry. Message received. So rest easy now.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; December 1st, 2021 at 20:34.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin
    Looks like classic memory leak. Something in memory is not being released only the dev's can solve it. A very good find though - I like when a community can give the dev's a major set of details to help solve a problem! Well done!
    Memory leaks sometimes lead to an underlying flaw that can cause other issues. They are always, ALWAYS worth investigating.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison
    This is enough for us to look into.
    One year later...

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf
    The memory leak of FGU's chat still does not seem to be solved:
    Following with detailed measurements and new insights.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard
    I'm closing this thread for now, because it has more than adequate information to investigate when we have the resources to investigate stress test cases.
    you are not "unlimited" in support and interactions

Blog Entries
    Yep, one year later and there are still more important things for them to work on given the resources they have had available. Again, you can be not happy with how your issue has been prioritized, but it has not been ignored. Personally, since this issue does not currently affect me, I have no interest in it being solved. But I recognize others are impacted by this and they rightly have a desire for it to be prioritized highly. I'm happy I don't have to prioritize FGs issues, I get enough of that at work.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Memory leaks, CPU bottlenecks and extreme overloads are not my issues, they are FGU's issues. Our group can mostly handle ourselves with our own workarounds. Like unloading all modules for players, with only me as GM loading them. Pasting longer text into Discord chats instead of FGU's chat. And so on and so forth.

As I said Weissrolf, you even quote their stated reasons that they don't have the resources to investigate these things. But you do not listen. And just keep hammering away insisting your priorities must be their priorities.

As someone just said, these are not problems I suffer from so I'm happy to have the ones I do care about being addressed.

I have to admit, I wonder if your joking around based on you quoting all the posts from high level people at FGU telling you they will look at it when they can dedicate resources to it (which is not a time thing - its a priority thing).

And then turning around and acting like you are being ignored. I admit it cracked me up a bit when I read you quoting me about you are not entitled to unlimited support and interactions.

Because it sure seems like you are getting a lot more support interactions than I ever got on any subject I've ever brought up.

If your not joking, then, I think they should just leave you post away as no matter how many times they "interact" to explain their position and why they don't feel this is a priority among the limited things they can work at any one time - you will never agree or understand it.

Still... that last reply of yours was pretty ironic
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

For goodness sake will you all just stop.

You've all made your points over and over again. I'm sick of seeing it. If you have something worthwhile to contribute then do so but stop picking on each others posts like little children.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information