DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

Mongoose Traveller 2E

Folks,

So what's in Mongoose Traveller 2E?

The first thing to note is it's known now as MGT2 (Mongoose Traveller 2nd Edition), you can see more here on Traveller editiions.

To build 2E I took the 1E ruleset (at version 1.0.9) and then tidied up code not required and added in new code. Some updates have gone back and forth between both versions, which will continue.

The Reference Manual has been completely re-parsed using the Core rulebook released Feb 2018. It means all data as 1E had (except Homeworlds - as 2E doesn't have that - until the Traveller Companion book (book 5)), is there. All updated. All new images are included, means you have an image for almost every weapon, piece of equipment and suit of armour!
    New Theme which I think is 1000 levels of awesome
    Codeset is cleaner, I've been ruthless and tided up some code that needed a refactor. Un-needed code has also been removed. The code base is 15% smaller than 1E.
    Tables! Tables are now categorised. Meaning that Character Generation Tables can be filtered, so you can pick 'Core rulebook' tables and see Injury Table etc only!

New features:
    • Difficulty Numbers have replaced a target number of 8 with modifiers. The GM can set this and the players skill rolls and characteristic are rolled against it, attacks still use 8+
    • Boon/Bane Dice options. You can with a characteristic/skill roll add an extra dice (and drop the lowest) (Boon) or add an extra dice and remove the highest (Bane) to those rolls, simply click the Button on the desktop
    • Destructive Damage added. If a weapon has DD after the dice, ie 2DD then the normal number of dice are rolled but the damage is multiplied by 10 (Attack rolls bonus damage (Effects) are ignored)
    • NPC's now have a 'Type'. Humanoid is for all normal races, Animal for Animals/Creatures and Other (for future use - maybe Androids). If 'Animal' is choen, the stats are then changed to allow the entry of Animal specific data
    • Combat Tracker updated. The Status is back and the colours have been tweaked to be better spreadout
    • Combat Tracker works with Animals. If the NPC is an Animal then hits are shown rather than the normal wound tracker
    • Radiation. Armours such as Battle Dress, Vacc Suit now have a Radiation rating, this is a defense value as well against Radiation damage
    • Radiation on Character sheet. On the Actions tab next to Initiative there's a Rad score, this is just a manual entry for the moment. A future update will automate this
    • Medic skill now automatically adds 3 new actions (under the Misc Actions title) allowing First Aid to be dragged over an injured party to roll a Healing check against them
    • Weapon Traits. Weapons now have a Traits field. This is excellent, as it means we can add automation for certain traits!
    • Weapon Traits. Auto X is supported, Single, Burst and Auto, the Auto Number is the one that affects bonus damage (burst) and ammo count.
    • Weapon Traits. AP X is supported, for example Gauss Pistol has an AP value of 2, that's -2 to any armour.
    • PSI Abilities now have a default PSI Cost. When adding a Talent, all Abilities for that Talent will be added with their PSI Costs set.
    • Damage Types have been expanded: "kinetic", "laser", "psionic", "radiation", "stun", "fire", "corrosive" - the latter two will be part of the Effects system due in a future update
    • Races, Careers and Homeworlds can be created and edited.

It's been released, you can find it here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...GP40000TRVMG2E

The first two Reach Adventures will be released soon:

1. Marooned On Marduk
    2. Theories of Everything

The next Core book to be released with be 'Central Supply Catalogue'. There is no release date for this (at this time), the 1st section has already been completed and Ruleset modifications have begun (Slots, Str and Dex mods).

Stay tuned, and if you want more updates just look me up on Twitter.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; September 24th, 2019 at 13:57. Reason: Added new features
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Excellent! Looking forward to this. Will 1E see some of the same enhancements, or is it strictly 2E only?
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

Quote Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu View Post
    Excellent! Looking forward to this. Will 1E see some of the same enhancements, or is it strictly 2E only?
    Hey GBFuFu,

The answer is maybe, if 1E supports the same rules as 2E for example, 2E uses Cover for additional Armour rating, 1E doesn't. 1E doesn't support DD damage etc, so it's a case by case basis.

However, I will update the Tables in 1E so they're split so you don't see those 100+ tables when you don't want them.

I added a D66 table for 2E, it's actually D56+10, and works by re-rolling if it gets an invalid number set, ie 17-20. Sadly no dice roll, it just uses an inbuilt function inside FG to 'randomly pick a number'. I hope FGU supports D66.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    I added a D66 table for 2E, it's actually D56+10, and works by re-rolling if it gets an invalid number set, ie 17-20. Sadly no dice roll, it just uses an inbuilt function inside FG to 'randomly pick a number'. I hope FGU supports D66.
    Other rulesets have implemented D66 similar to D100 - one D6 that give 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 or 60, and a normal D6. Add them together and you get the correct 2 digit number for D66. It’s a good solution. :-)
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Other rulesets have implemented D66 similar to D100 - one D6 that give 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 or 60, and a normal D6. Add them together and you get the correct 2 digit number for D66. It’s a good solution. :-)
    Sent you an email, the table is generated and it's FG that makes it D56+10. This is NOT rolling the dice from the Desktop.

Cheers,
    MBM

Why don't just add a custom die to the ruleset?

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Why don't just add a custom die to the ruleset?
    Don't have the time to code one up at the moment (could look for it in another ruleset if I have it), for me other things are more important as the tables do roll a D66 and return a valid value when you click the 'roll' button.

Also the desktop space is getting a little crowded, so not sure how well another Dice would fit, especially one that is double D6, but can see if the lovely Dan has time to create it.

Cheers,
    MBM

Actually, just thinking about it, I believe it was damned that had the best solution. Make a "d60" (which is like a half dozen lines of code in gameelements.xml) and then in your table, drop one d60 and one d6 into the die pool. Voila, done. He also did a d600 so you could roll Traveller style d666.

Yeah, this took me less than 1/2 hr to add to the C&C ruleset - and that was with creating the table.

Last edited by Andraax; August 15th, 2019 at 02:25.

And as far as space goes, the default for this setup is to put the extra d60 and d600 as menu options on the d6 radial dial, so no extra desktop space is used.

Thread Information