STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... Last

DOE: Weather Extension

Note: This extension is no longer available
    Overview

This Extension provides a Ruleset-Neutral database and the mechanics to generate the Day-To-Day Weather for a given Place. It will work with or without the DOE: Locations.

A screenshot is provided.
    Attachment 12049

Full details are provided in the accompanying Manual (a Module). The Manual can be opened by Fantasy Ground v3+ using any Ruleset, with or without the Extension being loaded.

Version
    • 1.0.0 - Initial Creation
    • 2.0.0 - Compatibility Update
    • 2.2.0 - Added Sound Integration with DOE Sound Extension
    • 3.0.0 - Compatibility Update & Bug Fixes
    • 3.2.0 - Compatibility Update, Fixed issues with Simple Brown & Simple Gray Themes, add support for StarFinder Ruleset (Graphics still required)
    • 3.2.1 - Current - Compatibility Update
    • 5.0.0 - Current - See Post #207

Manual Version
    • 2.0.0 - Initial Creation
    • 3.0.0 - Compatibility Update
    • 3.2.1 - Current - Compatibility Update

Rulesets
    This Extension works with:
    • CoreRPG Ruleset v3.3.8, CoreRPG Rulesst v3.3.9, and selected Child Rulesets.

Dependencies
    This Extension is dependent on:

Wiki Page & Full Documentation

Rulesets By Dulux-Oz

Other Extensions By Dulux-Oz

Downloading The Extension
    This Extension and its accompanying Documentation can be downloaded from the links at the bottom of this post.

Loading The Extension
    This Extension is loaded exactly like all other Fantasy Grounds Extensions - by first copying the .ext file to the Extensions Folder under the Fantasy Grounds Folder and then re-starting Fantasy Grounds. If the Extension is compatible with the currently installed version of a given Ruleset it will be displayed in the Extensions List for that Ruleset and can be loaded by clicking on the Checkbox next to the Extensions name.

If the Extension has large red 'X' next to its name in the Extension List then the Extension or an Extension that this one is dependent upon is not compatible with the chosen Ruleset. Make sure that you have downloaded and installed the latest copy of this Extension and any Extensions this one is dependent upon.

When Fantasy Grounds Updates
    After a Fantasy Grounds version update you should verify that all Extensions (not just this one) have been either updated themselves or verified by the Extension author that they work with the new version of Fantasy Grounds. If you have any issues with Fantasy Grounds after an update then it is best to disable all Extensions and then re-enable them one by one until the issue re-appears.

Helping Out
    If you like this Extension and find it useful, you may like to consider showing your support by making a Donation so that this Software and similar Software can continue to be maintained and developed.

Donations can be made via PayPal to:

Thank you

Previous Downloads:
    • DOE: Weather Extension: 2,993
    • DOE: Weather Extension Manual: 2,338

Last edited by Zacchaeus; January 26th, 2020 at 19:05.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Awesome work! Any chance of providing a screenshot or two in the above posts? Just to give us an idea of what it will look like...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Awesome work! Any chance of providing a screenshot or two in the above posts? Just to give us an idea of what it will look like...
    Give me a second, I've only just posted the damn thing

Actually, the Screen Shots are going to have to wait for a day or two - sorry, I'll get them done but I've got a couple of things to do first (sleep, for one) - my PCs down at the moment and I'm working on a Laptop with a small resolution screen.

Cheers
    Last edited by dulux-oz; September 19th, 2014 at 16:03.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Give me a second, I've only just posted the damn thing
    Oops, sorry - I didn't look at the date/time of the posts. You've had 15 minutes though!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Oops, sorry - I didn't look at the date/time of the posts. You've had 15 minutes though!
    And during that 15 minutes I was madly doing the formatting of the raw data I dumped into the posts
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

This is awesome!

I seem to ave a problem though. No matter how many times I hit the "generate today's weather button", I get Precipitation = None, and special Weather = None.

Edit: This is on the second days weather. On the first day's weather, I always get "None" and "Galelasting for 6hours" respectively.

Note: The lack of a space in "Galelasting" and "6hours" is intentional. It's a typo in the weather extension.
    Last edited by seycyrus; September 20th, 2014 at 01:58.

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    This is awesome!

I seem to ave a problem though. No matter how many times I hit the "generate today's weather button", I get Precipitation = None, and special Weather = None.

Edit: This is on the second days weather. On the first day's weather, I always get "None" and "Galelasting for 6hours" respectively.

Note: The lack of a space in "Galelasting" and "6hours" is intentional. It's a typo in the weather extension.
    OK, I've found the two bugs (thanks for letting me know) - I missed that particular combination in my testing - sorry.

I'll get a update patch out ASAP, but it might take me a day of two (work, etc)

In the meantime, I've pulled the Extension file from this thread because the issue is big enough I'd rather do that then have others experience any problems.

Thanks
    Last edited by dulux-oz; September 21st, 2014 at 13:02.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Can't wait to give it a try! I've been a bit hesitant to dive into your awesome extensions, mainly because I'm afraid to sink too much game dev time into any tech that I can't replace with something else, especially when they aren't core FG modules/functionality. But you're making it harder and harder to... resist the temptation... of... shiny... awesome... RPG coolness! *wipes sweaty brow*
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dr_venture View Post
    Can't wait to give it a try! I've been a bit hesitant to dive into your awesome extensions, mainly because I'm afraid to sink too much game dev time into any tech that I can't replace with something else, especially when they aren't core FG modules/functionality. But you're making it harder and harder to... resist the temptation... of... shiny... awesome... RPG coolness! *wipes sweaty brow*

Thanks Dr V - I was having a really sh!tty day before I read that, and you perked me up - I actually laughed out loud (and snorted coffee through my nose - thanks )

Go on... don't resist... they're too nice... and soft... and warm... and shiny... }:-)
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

You're welcome. It *is* getting harder to resist... this weather module may just push me over the edge.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Thread Information