Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Question about monster and class packs

Wondering how the monster packs and class packs work?
    Are they worth getting?
    Can other people that join my game benefit from my class packs?
    Whats so good about monster packs when I already have over 1000 tokens and monster manual?

any advise please

Thanks

New and Becoming DM on FG
    Brandon

They are a subset of the data from the PHB (for class packs) and the MM (for monster packs). They are just a way to get a specific set of data if you didn't want to buy the whole PHB or MM.

They work exactly the same way as other modules - the GM can share the player specific stuff with players (if the GM owns it) or allow a player to access their own modules. Players can't share modules with other players.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So Since I own all the core books there is no need to get the class packs then correct?

Thanks again for the info.
    Also will take any recommendations on the other Map packs or extensions to get for 5E

What extensions you use or what map packs you need or want are subjective and up to what you need/want for your campaign. If you are going to be playing any published modules those will have all the stuff you need. If you are going to be creating your own stuff then you may want to investigate the map packs in the store.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yea I was curious if some people had some favorites but thanks. Answer were helpful

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aroich5 View Post
    So Since I own all the core books there is no need to get the class packs then correct?
    Correct.

Also will take any recommendations on the other Map packs or extensions to get for 5E
    I suggest you don't use any extensions. Learn FG first, then see what you need/want to add as you will use it. Maybe one of the big fonts might be needed, or one of the DOE extensions etc. But wait until you feel you would use them. You have enough to learn with just the base FG, no need to throw more on you or your players.

If you mean DLC, it depends what game systems you are playing. It sound like D&D 5E. I like Volos and Xanathar's, but depends on what you want/need/will use.

As for Map packs... I'm not big on those, I do own a few to support the artists, but I usually run purchased adventures which include most maps, and supplemental maps are can be found online, or I create my own with CC3+. You might like some of the token packs, but since I "grew up" just using different color d5 die to represent different monsters, I don't worry much about graphic tokens for every monster.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    ...but since I "grew up" just using different color d5 die to represent different monsters...
    Funky! How did they work?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Funky! How did they work?
    Well, as long as you remembered that the medium sized green d6s were orcs and the large sized green d6 were trolls, and the small white d6 were kobolds...

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Well, as long as you remembered that the medium sized green d6s were orcs and the large sized green d6 were trolls, and the small white d6 were kobolds...
    Awwww.... now you're using d6's. It sounded much more funky when you were using d5's!

Yeah, but you said you were using d5's, which was what Trenloe is jibbing you about
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information