DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Double click in LOS/Lighting Maps with lots of NPC does not bring up sheet

There is something wrong processing double click when there are a lot of PCs/NPCs on a map with LOS and Lighting turned on. It's supposed to bring up the PC/NPC sheet when I double click on a token in the map - but instead it flashes and does nothing. If I turn off LOS in one of these maps the double click works fine. If I turn off lighting in another map it works fine. Either will fail if I have both LOS and Lighting on.

I can tell something is being processed on the button down/up or something that takes time between the double clicks and breaks the ability for FGU to tell a double click has occurred. And it has something to do with the processing of vision of PC/NPC tokens.

Again - this is with no extensions - you simply have a map with a medium LOS complexity and put a medium number of PCs/NPCs in play with LOS and lighting turned on so that vision becomes a factor. Then double click on different tokens (PC or NPC) and you will see it kind of flash the vision (I suppose during selection processing) then flash it off as too much time processing the clicks has occurred and it appears to select and deselect the token as opposed to bringing up the sheet as the double click occurs.

Again - simply turning off LOS and/or Lighting (varies by map on which) to cause no more heavy vision processing and the double click will always work. Will also always work in simpler LOS/lighting or light load of PC/NPC tokens on the map.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Define a 'lot' and 'medium'. I tested on one of the DotMM maps with 15 NPCs and 6 PCs and I didn't have any issues.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Define a 'lot' and 'medium'. I tested on one of the DotMM maps with 15 NPCs and 6 PCs and I didn't have any issues.
    Let me make a copy of one of the campaigns I have and reduce it to the minimum number I see the issue at and get back to you. For sure I have more than this but not sure the magic number in combination with LOS and lighting to get vision issues to delay enough to have this occur.

Actually I just left on a worst case scenario to show it for sure. This is a large scale battle map I use with all the extensions in my signature. I also had a video that shows this doing that - but really the just bringing this campaign up in FGU ONLY in host and simply turning on LOS and Lighting on Map will show the problem. Then turn off LOS or lighting and the double click will work.

Bring up project - double click on the first CT token you wish to bring up the map - then if LOS and lighting is on (there is none as I don't really use this one with LOS or lighting - but generate a good super simple example) you will see a black screen with just tokens - double click on one in map and (if no darkvision) will just do nothing. If Darkvision will blink at you as it shows the vision then turns it off as double click is to slow to process due to vision processing "stuff". Just turn off LOS or lighting and then double click will work fine to bring up sheets.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes, I can replicate on that campaign. Once I deleted the hostile creatures it worked but I didn't test to see where the tipping point is. I suspect however that no-one would have that many tokens on a map at any one time.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes, I can replicate on that campaign. Once I deleted the hostile creatures it worked but I didn't test to see where the tipping point is. I suspect however that no-one would have that many tokens on a map at any one time.
    Except when using extensions that let you NOT have that many on the CT but on the map - but same problem either way. If they are not planning to fix it I'd like to be notified so I can determine if I need to invest time in getting around it.

Because the point is those are NOT all in the CT in the real game with extensions and the only way to easily get a sheet up for something on the map that is not in CT is by double clicking on the token in map.

Otherwise you have to drag up the group its in to display on the CT just to grab the sheet link. An unnecessary and inconvenient pain when there are a lot of things (as you saw).

Also, as I pointed out I only have two campaigns (besides this example) that I run and both have "that many" NPCs in various maps.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; September 27th, 2021 at 17:54.

Ah, ok. I did delete all the extraneous stuff from the db.xml that I assume was there because of an extension but that didn't make any difference. So it would seem that it is the sheer number of tokens on the map that is the issue. Well, I don't have anything to do with coding so I'll leave it to Moon Wizard to investigate.

Ah, ok. I did delete all the extraneous stuff from the db.xml that I assume was there because of an extension but that didn't make any difference. So it would seem that it is the sheer number of tokens on the map that is the issue. Well, I don't have anything to do with coding so I'll leave it to Moon Wizard to investigate.
    Yep - raw FGU - probably any map with enough NPCs and vision active would trigger the problem. No need to use my example, as you say it has "extension" garbage all over it probably.

I'm not clear on what "too many" tokens means. How many are we talking about?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I'm not clear on what "too many" tokens means. How many are we talking about?

Regards,
    JPG
    No idea start with campaign I gave in here and start deleting NPCs till you see double click work

Thread Information