Starfinder Playlist

View Poll Results: How should Autosounds Trigger?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep as is (OOB Messages)

3 6.12%
  • Off Chat Window Strings (more manual work for GM)

4 8.16%
  • Have Both Options Avalaible

38 77.55%
  • Don't care

4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    I've tried so many searches and different attempts at getting separate chat sounds for a specific weapon hit, miss and critical. No matter what i do, i can't seem to get it to work.

Am i wrong to assume that it's currently not possible with this extension in PFRPG?

Yes, you are (probably) wrong

Why don't you post a description of what you are trying to acheive and a screenshot of what you have tried to do - then the Community can have a look and see how we can help - OK?

Oh, and Welcome! to the Community
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Yes, you are (probably) wrong

Why don't you post a description of what you are trying to acheive and a screenshot of what you have tried to do - then the Community can have a look and see how we can help - OK?

Oh, and Welcome! to the Community
    Thank Dulux-Oz!

Wow! That was quick! Happy Australia/Invasion day!

I've had a crack at the triggers for the results of each weapon hit, but can't seem to get it to work properly as FG puts the weapon type on one line and the result on the next. At least, that's what i think is happening at the moment.

Anyways, here's a snapshot of what i'm trying to do. Thanks so much for your help and all your hard work so far!
    Hit miss crit.jpg

(Edit: I just noticed I've put Crit and Miss the wrong way around. That's what i get for rushing through putting an example together after this many beers.)
    Last edited by anj; January 26th, 2018 at 10:27.

A ChatSound only works over a single line of text in the FG Chat Window - this is simply the way it works and is fundamental to the DOE: Sound (ie is the same in all Rulesets). As there is no single line in the Chat window that has "ATTACK", "Longsword" and "Critical" in it (or "Hit" and/or "Miss", respectively) - in that order - the ChatSound is not being triggered.

Somewhere in this thread this has come up before, and I can't remember the solution - or even if there was a solution. All I can suggest at this stage is have a look at the previous posts in the thread and see if you can find them, and/or wait to see if someone else can chime in with how they solved the issue.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Blog Entries
    I think you have to break it into three sounds:

ATTACK
    LONGSWORD
    = Swooosh sound

CRITICAL HIT
    = Yeeeeaaaargghh

[HIT]
    = Squelch

And no sound for miss or a mumbled curse...

Your sounds need to feed off each line in the chat window; and as Dulux says since the attack string and the result (hit/miss/crit) strings are separate lines then you can't have both things in the same chat sound.

So your first sound is the actual attack and you need to have things exactly as they appear in the chat and in the same order. So for the attack you need ATTACK (M) in the first line. In the second line (or it could be the third line with nothing in the second) you'll need 'Longsword'. You can then match that to whatever sound you want.

If you want a different sound for a critical hit then you'll need another sound string with the first line being Attack and the third line being CRITICAL HIT (you don't need anything in the second line).

Now I'm doing this from memory so I may well be wrong so you might need to experiment a little.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; January 26th, 2018 at 13:16.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks guys. I figured that's what was causing the issue, but thought it might be worth a shot asking the community.
    I've set it up to just make the 'HIT' noise when the damage is rolled.

During my travels, i found one user who had modified part of the code to get the weapon name in the same line as the result, but was not allowed to share the code due to some legal issues.
    Last edited by anj; January 26th, 2018 at 21:13.

Quote Originally Posted by anj View Post
    During my travels, i found one user who had modified part of the code to get the weapon name in the same line as the result, but was not allowed to share the code due to some legal issues.
    We share code all the time. Sounds like something that would be pretty easy to implement as an extension.

I noticed a chat sound issue.
    I was working with this last night as a GM in 5E and I encountered and issue. I created a sound trigger [DAMAGE] Scorching ray. This is for a PC in my game that likes this spell a lot.
    I opened her character from the combat tracker (as GM) and rolled the damage and no sound.
    However when I log in as a local host and use the character it works.

Any idea why it would work that way?

You have GM rolls hidden. Chat sounds only work for stuff that is displayed to the players.

Thread Information