DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 18 of 49 First ... 8161718192028 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    You could play it out as the PC's were trying out a VR game.
    Thanks for the responses. So written as is, it certainly would not work for us. I love the rule set and the setting. And there are only two adventures available in the FG store.

I think I will just try my best to tweak it. Any suggestions? Halving the Defence values, soak and HP would work.... and of course increase the number on enemies. I still wantthe party to be overwhelmed.

I don't have any suggestion for modding an existing module, and I understand the attraction of using pre-built modules, but I've been using FG for 10 years and never paid for an adventure in FG. In most cases, all you need to do is enter the NPCs (although I can't speak to WOIN specifically, this is largely a cut and paste activity in many rulesets if working from a pdf, but most adventures don't have too many unique NPCs to make manual entry a daunting task), set up the encounters, and bring in maps if you use them, which could be as easy as copying and re-scaling one included with the adventure, or finding a suitable substitute online. Even if you might prefer using a nice professionally created map, FG supports just sketching something out, like you would on a dry or wet erase gridded surface used in person for gaming. You don't need custom tokens, although again they are ridiculously easy to make with TokenTool, and can get by with proxies even if they are just the letter tokens included with FG. Then run the game pretty much like you would at an actual tabletop, referencing the adventure on a tablet, printed copy, etc. You don't need to have all of the text of the adventure in FG, although it is also easy to do via copy/paste from a pdf if you want to spend the time doing so.

In short, don't let the lack of adventures in the FG store limit your options.

Hi Mac,

Thanks for your comments. I prefer pre-made stuff simply because it is so much better than what I could write, and of course the time commitment is too much for me personally. And considering that anyone can write material and publish it for this system, I assume it is only a matter of time before there is lots of good stuff in the FG store. Also, one of the players in my group is really keen to run his own 5E campaign. He is all set to start and we need something now, so that decides it. But I hope to run something with this rule set after that.

I prefer pre-made modules, but they are so expensive. Sometimes I prepare my own modules to several campaigns, but I do it when I know that I use it several times. And becouse that I work on two computers.

Quote Originally Posted by spoofer View Post
    Hi Mac,

Thanks for your comments. I prefer pre-made stuff simply because it is so much better than what I could write, and of course the time commitment is too much for me personally. And considering that anyone can write material and publish it for this system, I assume it is only a matter of time before there is lots of good stuff in the FG store. Also, one of the players in my group is really keen to run his own 5E campaign. He is all set to start and we need something now, so that decides it. But I hope to run something with this rule set after that.
    I rely heavily on pre-written adventures myself, mostly due to a lack of confidence in my own creative skills. However, the availability of pre-written adventures does not automatically translate into the expectation that they will at some point be available in the FG store. EN Publishing has a pretty liberal policy on creating published material with their WOIN Community Publishing Syndicate; however, it would be up to the content creator to create the FG version of an adventure they published or contract that out to someone else to do. Depending on whether or not an adventure creator has the resources (time/skills/money) to do this, they may not see the sales of FG content being worth the investment. Also, while anyone can create a FG module for an adventure for their own use, you can't even give it away, let alone sell it without getting the permission of the adventure creator to do so and work out any financial agreement for that to occur.

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but WOIN is not nearly as popular as D&D, so if you're waiting for adventures to be available in the FG store, you may not want to hold your breath. Personally, I'd be happy to be proven wrong BTW.

I'm sure Russ @ EN Publishing would love people to convert his adventures, I'm busy on the ruleset (and OLD) otherwise I'd convert a few more. Plus the new Starship book is out, I just wish I had more time, I'm also finishing up my Traveller ruleset, gotta get that baby out.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

As mentioned in an earlier post, I am working on adventures for this ruleset, but they are far from being complete. The first few will be included with the new setting material that is in the works, but I plan to add more singular adventures as time permits.
    This will be available (i hope) on DTRPG and FG. But the main reason I bring this up is that I see very little discussion on what people would like to see in the way of adventures not only here on FG, but elsewhere as well!

That being said, I also wonder if it would be better to start a separate discussion thread (which I would be glad to start) and keep ruleset questions here or is it fine for both?? I would really like to get some input from you Sci Fi fans out there!!!

Thanks, Viper

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007 View Post
    As mentioned in an earlier post, I am working on adventures for this ruleset, but they are far from being complete. The first few will be included with the new setting material that is in the works, but I plan to add more singular adventures as time permits.
    This will be available (i hope) on DTRPG and FG. But the main reason I bring this up is that I see very little discussion on what people would like to see in the way of adventures not only here on FG, but elsewhere as well!

That being said, I also wonder if it would be better to start a separate discussion thread (which I would be glad to start) and keep ruleset questions here or is it fine for both?? I would really like to get some input from you Sci Fi fans out there!!!

Thanks, Viper
    Chap, create a new thread with all your great ideas for new adventures! Contract Russ @ En Publishing and ask him if you can convert those adventures as well if you wanted.

Cheers
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Morning All,

I've finished Mongoose Traveller 1st Edition ruleset, so back on WOiN for a bit, enough to create 1.0.7.

My plan is to do the following:

• Allow SOAK to be 'calculated' based on Natural Armor, Physical Armor, Shield, Helmet, Exploits and Misc bonus.
    • Add flags to Weapons to indicate which of the SOAK 'types' it ignores - ie Desiccating touch. The hybrid's natural attack enables it to desiccate a victim by touch. Armor SOAK protects against this, but natural SOAK does not.
    • Fix bugs found.

Then work on O.L.D. which needs spells working and that's about it.

So if you want anything, it'll be released in May, please reply here and I'll add it to the list if it's not a big job.

Cheers,
    MBM

Thanks for your work on the conversion, MBM! WOiN is one of the first addons I have bought for FG. I like the look of that theme in the screenshots.

Thread Information