Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Starfinder Script Error message

I meant to copy a Starfinder campaign from Classic to Unity and accidently cut/pasted it instead. So I copied it back to Classic. I have decided to run it in classic, but now every time I load that campaign into Classic, it takes ten times as long to load and I also get a popup with the following error: Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_class.lua"]:323: createChild: Invalid argument 1 .

I then uninstalled and reinstalled FGC. Same error. I then deleted the Starfinder and CoreRules.paks and then updated them back in. Same error. Is there anyway to get my Starfinder system back to normal?

Edit: I also created a new SF campaign and while it loads much quicker; I am getting the error message on it as well.

Please note that I also have a Pathfinder campaign in FGC, and it loads quick and does NOT give the error message.

Thanks.
    Last edited by dmchucky; April 16th, 2020 at 12:42.

There may be some issues with the campaign itself if your starting to see issues. The error your receiving should be fixed with the latest update to the the ruleset. I'm going to move this thread to the Starfinder forums for visibility by the developer. In the mean time, try opening a fresh campaign and see if you continue to see that error.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

So an update. I have deleted both campaigns, and uninstalled FG. Reinstalled FG. Created a new Starfinder campaign. Everything was going flawless, until I started loading modules. I loaded maybe 5 modules, and then when I started loading Alien Archive 2, I suddenly got the same error message again. It then repeated the same error message every time I loaded the next module. Please note that this was a brand new campaign, with NO carryover from the deleted ones. I am starting characters from scratch. Ironically, this does not appear to be having an actual effect on the game, but I am a bit concerned that it keeps reappearing. I am tempted to just make this another Unity campaign to be honest.

For me this error came up today for the first time, AFTER the Starfinder ruleset was updated. I can confirm the long load times as well.

Edit: And it doesn't happen, if i load other existing campaigns using other rulesets. Call of Cthulhu works fine for example.
    Last edited by new_vision; April 16th, 2020 at 17:12.

I tested this in both FGC and FGU with the ruleset fully up to date and I am not seeing the errors you are reporting. I am also on CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.11 and SFRPG ruleset v2.1.1. Can you verify this for me?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Probably a newb question, but how do I find the version number on each of those rulesets?

When you first load up the session, the chat box will display the version numbers. I would also check to be sure that you don't have any unpacked rulesets in your rulesets folder as well.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Quote Originally Posted by dmchucky View Post
    Probably a newb question, but how do I find the version number on each of those rulesets?
    Looking in the chat window when the game starts
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by dmchucky View Post
    So an update. I have deleted both campaigns, and uninstalled FG. Reinstalled FG. Created a new Starfinder campaign. Everything was going flawless, until I started loading modules. I loaded maybe 5 modules, and then when I started loading Alien Archive 2, I suddenly got the same error message again. It then repeated the same error message every time I loaded the next module. Please note that this was a brand new campaign, with NO carryover from the deleted ones. I am starting characters from scratch. Ironically, this does not appear to be having an actual effect on the game, but I am a bit concerned that it keeps reappearing. I am tempted to just make this another Unity campaign to be honest.
    Is this error comming in Host mode or from a client?
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

I am on CoreRPG 3.3.10 and SFRPG 2.1.1., all on FG Classic, but i ran the update function and can't get any more current version.

It worked fine until i ran the last update.

Thread Information