5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 68 of 101 First ... 1858666768697078 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    You need to get the latest version of AdvancedEffects. Base on the posts following I presume you have updated now and it's working. I've been on travel and unable to respond.
    In our game tonight, we are using v4.9 and get the "Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_affect_adnd.la"]510:attempt to call field 'getActorFromCT' (a nil value)" when adding an NPC to the CT
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    In our game tonight, we are using v4.9 and get the "Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_affect_adnd.la"]510:attempt to call field 'getActorFromCT' (a nil value)" when adding an NPC to the CT
    The newest version is 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    The newest version is 5.0
    ok. 5.0 wasnt listed in the first post, didnt know an update had been pushed.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    ok. 5.0 wasnt listed in the first post, didnt know an update had been pushed.
    Yeah, Core update went live when I was traveling and all I could do was make sure the forge was updated. If you're running forge it should be fine.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Hi - I am running the extension out of the Forge, and I am getting the "Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_effect_adnd.la"]525:attempt to call field 'getActorFromCT' (a nil value)" error. None of the effects I have equipped on the weapons seem to work on PCs?

I am also totally lost on how to be coding this. I want to add an effect, even the sample "IFT: ALIGN (evil); AC: 2;" but cannot figure out what any of the codeing means or is? Help, please?
    Last edited by Poe the Homunculus; December 24th, 2021 at 08:16.
    The beginning of any story is a happy accident; the end, a tragic fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe the Homunculus View Post
    Hi - I am running the extension out of the Forge, and I am getting the "Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_effect_adnd.la"]525:attempt to call field 'getActorFromCT' (a nil value)" error. None of the effects I have equipped on the weapons seem to work on PCs?

I am also totally lost on how to be coding this. I want to add an effect, even the sample "IFT: ALIGN (evil); AC: 2;" but cannot figure out what any of the codeing means or is? Help, please?
    Then you must have a local copy of the extension from previous version. Remove that and any extracted folder of the same name. I am certain of this as that function is no longer present in the latest version.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I looked in the extension folder and found an extension from 7/11/2021 called "AdvancedEffects.ext". Deleted. What is the current .ext file named? I don't see any other .ext with AdvancedEffects.
    Thank you very much!

I looked in the extension folder and found an extension from 7/11/2021 called "AdvancedEffects.ext". Deleted. What is the current .ext file named? I don't see any other .ext with AdvancedEffects.
    Thank you very much!
    Advanced Effects ext is stored in the vault if you get it from the forge.
    However, if you put an ext named the same in your data folder (where all the extensions goes normally), it will override the anything going to the vault.

So deleting the one in your data folder, and then updating FGU, it should trigger you to get the most current updated ext, however, you wont see it in your data folder because it goes to the vault.

So, delete any .ext files I have that I currently have from Forge so they can be updated in the vault? This will Auto update them?

So, delete any .ext files I have that I currently have from Forge so they can be updated in the vault? This will Auto update them?
    Well if you worried, you can move them out to another folder so you have them just in case. I also wouldn't delete anything that is not this without backing it up first.
    But yes that will trigger it.

Thread Information