5E Character Create Playlist
Page 7 of 44 First ... 5678917 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by EllivasKram View Post
    Pls tell us how long until we can see this in the flesh. We will not tell anyone.
    My money is on John and Carl locking Doug in a closet till they are done.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    my money is on john and carl locking doug in a closet till they are done.
    rofl.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    My money is on John and Carl locking Doug in a closet till they are done.
    Carl "Can I let him out yet? I need my paycheck signed"
    John "Not yet, give me one more day, just one more!"

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Carl "Can I let him out yet? I need my paycheck signed"
    John "Not yet, give me one more day, just one more!"
    Is this a hint???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DMDad View Post
    Is this a hint???
    lol, not from me. I know nothing to drop hints about.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

As a new DM to FGU, I was wondering, how a human could see in a dark cave?!? Then did some checking and was like, that hasn't been added yet. I can't wait for this!

Keep in mind, Fantasy Grounds lays a very good foundation for your D&D sessions (or other rulesets) but there are still things that just can't be accounted for. Vision is one of those things(well at least until they get this added in here in the next month or so). That's where the RP (RolePlaying) portion of RPG comes in. But frankly, sight is one of the most pain in the butt things in a role playing session and 80% of the time, people tend to just handwave it because it is just annoying to deal with and players get upset when they get boiled down in the minutia. This will vary from table to table, of course. Like Darkvision, they think this is an ability to totally see in the dark, nope it's a grayscale view of the world and any and all perception checks while using darkvision is at disadvantage.

Personally, I like forcing my players into dealing with having one or two members of their group blind as a bat, or having to carry around a light source so they can actually search, but my players tend to get irritated about it where the mechanic tends to outweigh the "fun factor" at the table.
    Last edited by BaneTBC; January 12th, 2021 at 16:16.

Can't wait for this to be introduced. Also hoping they have sight ranges based on the type of light source used also. Lantern vs torch or candle. Hoping this is will be updated very soon as my 1 of 2 of my groups I am DMing are going through my homebrewed version of Undermountain soon.

Just had a thought.... will NPC tokens have sight ranges? I'm thinking about on the DM's view, not a player's. For example, the combat tracker moves to an NPC, the DM can choose to change the map view to see what that monster can see to help aid in target selection and such. I guess this could be extended to "current token's sight" so that the DM could see what a player sees too.

All tokens will have standard vision by default (i.e. can see as long as there is light). You will be able to add a couple unique vision types (such as darkvision and blindsight) as well.

Lights will be able to be added to maps directly; or added to a token. Lights will have a full brightness and dim brightness range, as well as coloring and a few effects as well.

By default (no tokens selected), players will see the vision/lighting from any tokens they "own" (i.e. their characters). If the party vision option is set, they will be able to select other party members and friendly NPCs to see their vision/lighting scenario.

We'll detail the rest in the wiki as we get closer. Adding this much detail has required us to rework many assumptions in the system in order to keep things from bogging down when using these new systems. So, it's still in progress.

Regards,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; January 15th, 2021 at 22:54.

Thread Information