5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Savage Worlds Survivor (the BBC series)

Greetings, some decades ago I was fortunate enough to watch the BBC tv series Survivors and fell in love with the concept behind it. The show was brought back for a updated version and was almost as entertaining as the first go around. I recently watched it again on YT and decided that Savage Worlds is a great way to experience everything the show covered and more. So I've decided to start the recruiting process to set up a proper campaign and this is my first stop. Many of the episodes were written by Terry Nation. If you haven't heard of Terry, just search him up and you will see his story telling prowess in such shows as Blakes 7, Doctor Who etc.

While I have enjoyed SW as a player, it was some time ago and certainly before SWADE which I backed up kickstarter. Further it was only as a player. So I'm rusty on the ruleset but I reckon that isn't a problem.

I live in East Asia so a convenient time might prove to be a challenge but my current 5e campaign has players from North America, Middle East & East Asia so it is possible to have a truly global group of players.
    What is more important is a desire to get into deep dramatic challenges that is Survivors.
    I'm currently DMing a 5e campaign and playing in 2 other games on alternate sundays so time is a bit of a premium but I reckon we make time for what is important and I truly want to bring Survivors to life.

I'm looking for some folks who are either interested or ideally loved the survivor series.
    If you have experience playing in SW and want to help make this come true that would be awesome too.
    The goal is to create great community of online players who enjoy playing as well as getting to know each other a little better.

I hope to hear from at least a few like minded folks who are interested in the idea. Who knows maybe we can all take turns GM together and help build a world up from nothing. I am willing to GM the entire thing if need be. The series really hit a soft spot for me and I very motivated to bring it to life in a Savage World sense anyway

Cheers
    DP
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ultimate License Holder & FGU backer
    playing D&D since 1980

Currently GMing:
    *Opus Christini Traveller campaign

*Currently Playing
    *Currently Looking

Here is a link to the first episode written by Terry Nation

The Fourth Horseman
    Is the first episode in the series
    Thanks to Silurian360 YT channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAyjkaFYnzE

unfortunately its only at 240p quality
    playing D&D since 1980

Currently GMing:

*Currently Playing
    *Currently Looking

Still trolling for anyone interested in joining me for an end of the world Savage Worlds campaign
    playing D&D since 1980

Currently GMing:

*Currently Playing
    *Currently Looking

Depending on the day I may be interested.

Are you going to make set it in the 70's and 80's or current day?
    Daedalus

Time Zone: EDT
    Fantasy Grounds Ultimate License
    My Games are free to play. You only need the Demo to play

I'd like to try some Savage Worlds and I know the TV show slightly but I'm in a Euro time zone so it's unlikely your time would work for me but if you can give the day/time you're planning then I can let you know for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    Depending on the day I may be interested.

Are you going to make set it in the 70's and 80's or current day?
    I hadn't gotten as far as deciding the setting

both are appealing

I suppose the older version would have a significant nerfing of the comp aspect
    playing D&D since 1980

Currently GMing:

*Currently Playing
    *Currently Looking

Quote Originally Posted by vincentprice View Post
    I'd like to try some Savage Worlds and I know the TV show slightly but I'm in a Euro time zone so it's unlikely your time would work for me but if you can give the day/time you're planning then I can let you know for sure
    well we could try to find a mutually agreeable time
    playing D&D since 1980

Currently GMing:

*Currently Playing
    *Currently Looking

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    I hadn't gotten as far as deciding the setting

both are appealing

I suppose the older version would have a significant nerfing of the comp aspect
    Doing something more modern-day would be better. Plus the viruses can be more deadly and scarier.
    Daedalus

I agree, plus something more recent makes it "feel" more real for some reason
    playing D&D since 1980

Currently GMing:

*Currently Playing
    *Currently Looking

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    I agree, plus something more recent makes it "feel" more real for some reason
    Maybe you should go on the discord channel for FG and see if you can get more interest for this game
    Daedalus

Thread Information