DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Is there any chance to get this to work when you have a language selected?

Thanks for this extension... it is awsome.
    I always wondered why FG doesnt do this by default

I seem to be getting an issue where once I roll a PC's Skill (Investigation for example), then I try to chat using Speak as PC, it no longer shows the token. Using 5E ruleset.

To duplicate:
    1) Go to PC's Character sheet and select Speak as PC
    2) Type Hello in chat (it works
    3) Go to the PC's Skills tab and roll a skill check (it works)
    4) Type Hello as the PC in chat again. (not it won't show the portrait in chat)

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzar View Post
    I seem to be getting an issue where once I roll a PC's Skill (Investigation for example), then I try to chat using Speak as PC, it no longer shows the token. Using 5E ruleset.

To duplicate:
    1) Go to PC's Character sheet and select Speak as PC
    2) Type Hello in chat (it works
    3) Go to the PC's Skills tab and roll a skill check (it works)
    4) Type Hello as the PC in chat again. (not it won't show the portrait in chat)
    Yup, looks like a clear cut bug. Thanks for the report. I did a quick fix today and posted to the Forge and here (https://github.com/bakermd86/NPCPort...eleases/latest).

Quote Originally Posted by sirnoobsauce View Post
    Yup, looks like a clear cut bug. Thanks for the report. I did a quick fix today and posted to the Forge and here (https://github.com/bakermd86/NPCPort...eleases/latest).
    Confirmed that it now works. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Idward View Post
    Is there any chance to get this to work when you have a language selected?
    Came here to say exactly this. Love this extension, but since I only ever speak using the text chat in character IF I am using the language function, it basically doesn't work for me.

This extension is really nice. Thank you for this!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaBarbeau View Post
    Came here to say exactly this. Love this extension, but since I only ever speak using the text chat in character IF I am using the language function, it basically doesn't work for me.
    I was fiddling with the github code for this extension, and I think I have a solution for handling portraits when chatting in languages.

If you add the following to the onDesktopInit() function:
    Code:
        if User.isHost() then
            origCommDeliverOOBMesssage = Comm.deliverOOBMessage;
            Comm.deliverOOBMessage = myDeliverOOBMessage;
        end
    And then add this new function, it should display the character portraits for language chat.
    Code:
    function myDeliverOOBMessage(msg, extra)
        if (msg.type == LanguageManager.OOB_MSGTYPE_LANGCHAT) then
            insertPortraitToMessage(msg, extra);
        end
        origCommDeliverOOBMesssage(msg, extra);
    end
    The challenge was the LanguageManager registers a callback for the ChatManager DeliverMessageCallback and it takes precedence over any callback added by an extension, so the portrait insertion had to be handled afterwards. The LanguageManager calls Comm.deliverOOBMessage after it does the "translation" of a language chat message, so we need to intercept that call, insert the portrait, and then call the real OOBMessage function.

Also, for this work-around, the portrait should only be inserted if the message is originating on the GM host - if a real player is chatting in a language, the icon should already be correct and if the insertPortraitMessage() function were to be called by a player, it instead turns the icon into the GM's token.

It all seems to work in my local testing, but I'd recommend more extensive testing in case I overlooked something.

Cheers,
    Brian

Getting Error messages since last FGU update.

I've just tried this extension in FGU with the AD&D 2nd Edition ruleset. It seems like it works fine in most aspects, but whenever I drop a monster or NPC into the combat tracker from the monster manual it gives an error to any players in the game and on the combat tracker.

EDIT: It's actually not this extension. I disabled this one and then we tested it again and the error stopped and didn't happen again for a couple of days, but then it happened again just yesterday near the end of our session for some reason. My bad, and thanks for the good work on the extension.
    Last edited by EadtheHead; October 10th, 2022 at 05:31. Reason: Incorrect assumption

Thread Information