STAR TREK 2d20
Page 19 of 23 First ... 91718192021 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowlander View Post
    It sounds like something that would be fine in the settings to turn on or off for me. I'd actually not expect it in the CT UI to be honest. Between the paladin (oath, smite evil, etc.) and the ranger (hunt prey) and various runes, resistances there's more effects in the CT that are always on than situational effects at times. While it might not be the main driver, for us the main thing to look forward to regarding this feature was de-cluttering the CT a bit.
    I'll certainly look into a way to implement this. Like I said, the code is already there. I currently have them all visible mostly from a testing perspective, which I think is needed for initial testing and feedback. Without the character effects being initially visible in the CT we may not have identified the blank effect issue reported above.

I don't think using the campaign options is the way to go. I see this being the type of thing that a user may briefly check if things aren't working the way they expect (are all the effects actually synced to the CT?) then go back to not showing the character effects.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Release R18T10 - Show/hide character effects

R18T10 is in test as of today.

This has functionality to show/hide character effects in the CT.

Important: These control purely determine if the character effects are shown in the CT. They don't turn those effects on or off - the control of the character effects is from the character sheet, either manually by the player or through Release 18 automation.

The control is different for the GM and player. The GM controls this in the CT directly:

The PCs control this via the "Character Effects" section of their character sheet:

New PCs will default to off, but existing PCs will show as on and will need to be turned off. The setting is maintained between sessions, so once set will remain until changed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 5th, 2021 at 17:01.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post

I just tried this out and it works beautifully (from the GM's perspective). Bravo! When does this get to the Live environment?

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post

That's brilliant! Thanks Trenloe
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Quote Originally Posted by SillyOldeBear View Post
    I just tried this out and it works beautifully (from the GM's perspective). Bravo! When does this get to the Live environment?
    R18T10 is the current release candidate. I'd like it to get some testing for a week or more before I consider moving it into live.

I'm not sure how many people are testing this now we've been through ten test releases. So, if you're using R18T10 please let me know either way - if there are issues, or if it's running fine.

Hi everyone,
    1. in GM mode i cant see anything, for example the crossed out "CT" on the pc sheet, what iam doing wrong?
    2. Line of sight and lightning does not work correctly, in play mode everything went black

regards Sören

Quote Originally Posted by Pyaray76 View Post
    1. in GM mode i cant see anything, for example the crossed out "CT" on the pc sheet, what iam doing wrong?
    GMs don't get the CT control in the PC sheet, only the players.

2. Line of sight and lightning does not work correctly, in play mode everything went black
    Do you have a lighting effect on the PC? Have you selected a token on the map? What are the map settings?

thank you for your quick reply, get it working again... enabled/disabled buttons were on/off Lighting and line of sight, sorry to bother you.

I thought character effects from Items and abilites, like rage or sneak attack are also in the 18t10 release?

I thought character effects from Items and abilites, like rage or sneak attack are also in the 18t10 release?
    Only if there's the "A" automation indicator shown for any ability.

If you haven't watched them already, I recommend you watch the videos linked in post #4.

Trenloe,

Regarding the wounding rune for players which adds 1d6 persistent bleed to each hit.
    What our group has been doing is rolling outside of the CT a 1d6 and I am adding that number as PERS to the target.

Will release 18 allow us to add the random 1d6 and add the persistent bleed to a target if that rune/effect is added to a weapon?
    Ultimate License holder Unity & Classic.
    Currently GM'ing Homebrew Pathfinder 2.

Thread Information