5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    *lol* I'm laughing with you. You are laughing aren't you?
    I am. It's mostly manicical though, and interrupted with all sorts of unmentionable gesticulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    Back to the question... Possibly you are asking if there is some option available that would set the Effect Visibility button when say the [EFF: Paralyzed] effect is dropped on someone. Say something like [EFF: Paralyzed, CTEV_TRGT ], the additional qualifier specifies the initial button setting.
    That's the concept I talked about.
    Ultimate Licence 4.0.10
    French Player
    Using FG since September 2016, FGU since Septembre 2020
    with following extensions : Advanced Effets, All Automatic Effect by rob2e, Coin Weight, Constitutional Amendments,
    Roll for Initiative, Death indicators, Battlestats, Alternative Wound Colors,
    Dice Color Changer, Local Dice Tower

Great work man, i was looking for something like that!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks Slalom.

I believe I have the attack roll (ATK effect) reporting and the corresponding defense response (AC effect) handled in the chat box. I am just about done with the damage roll (DMG and DMGTYPE effects) reporting in the chat. I hope to have the corresponding defense response (IMMUNE and RESIST) done in the next few weeks, at which time I'll publish an update.

Not sure where I have been that I missed this, but I am going to grab it and try it out.

I like the fact I can limit the amount of info the party knows so they can't plan out a combat choreography. I like that they have to learn and grow as a group to know what each of them can/will do in certain situations.
    Ultimate License Holder--All can play in my games.

Need Help as a GM, PM me and I will give as much assistance as I can to get you started.

COMPLETED PROJECTS--Fifth Edition Foes (Frog God Games) 5E. Quests of Doom Volume 1 (Frog God Games) 5E, Quests of Doom Volume II (Frog God Games) 5E.

CURRENT PROJECTS--Quests of Doom 3 & 4 (Frog God Games) 5E.

Blog Entries
    Announcing v0.1.0 of the Combat Tracker Effect Visibility Extension (EVOE).
    See post #1 of this thread for details. The downloadable is also there.

This version manages the information that is reported to players via the Chat Window for most of the attack (ATK:) effects as well as their associated defense (AC:) effects. It also manages information reported in the Chat for damage roll (DMG: DMGTYPE:) effects and their associated defense (RESIST: IMMUNE:) effects.

I apologize for the delay, it took quite a bit of code to get this far. EVOE exploded from about 200 lines of code (v0.0.1) to nearly 3,000 (v0.1.0).

I hope you enjoy it.

I highly recommend you take a look at the new blog series I have started which details understanding what you see in the player Chat Windows when using EVOE. Providing the option to the GM to manage effect visibility introduces pitfalls and inconsistencies. I've tried to give examples of those issues and suggestions for mitigating them.

EVOE is a work in progress. I have more to do and would very much appreciate any comments, suggestions and/or criticisms pertinent to EVOE.

Thank you.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Blog Entries
    Nice work Minty

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

HI Minty !

Just to tell you that in my FG it seems to be bugged when I use your extension.

When your extension is active, the players don't see any dice roll in the chat (even theirs). Strange behavior.

All came back to normal when I desactivate EVEO extension.
    Ultimate Licence 4.0.10
    French Player
    Using FG since September 2016, FGU since Septembre 2020
    with following extensions : Advanced Effets, All Automatic Effect by rob2e, Coin Weight, Constitutional Amendments,
    Roll for Initiative, Death indicators, Battlestats, Alternative Wound Colors,
    Dice Color Changer, Local Dice Tower

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoltok View Post
    When your extension is active, the players don't see any dice roll in the chat (even theirs).
    Thanks for giving EVOE a try. I just tried a quick connection with a player of mine and we didn't observe the behavior you mention. I'll do my best to help. Let's take this off line to PM (Private Messaging) so we don't clutter this thread with troubleshooting questions and answers. Please check your profile inbox.

[EDIT: I couldn't attach an image to a PM. I must pollute this thread with troubleshooting questions. Sorry thread subscribers.]
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; September 15th, 2016 at 01:48.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoltok View Post
    When your extension is active, the players don't see any dice roll in the chat (even theirs).
    Attached is a image file of a client (player) attacking an Orc.

A few questions.
    1) Are you using ANY other extensions at the same time? If so what are they?
    2) Is the EVOE version v0.1.0 showing up in your player's Chats at startup (labelled A in red in the screenshot image)?
    3) Do the actual dice images show up (labelled B in the screenshot)?
    4) Do the dice results show up (labelled C)?
    5) Do both the attack and the attack result descriptions show up (labelled D)?

Attachment 15334

[EDIT: Added the following and copied this to the my blog Help Me article.]

Please answer all the questions from both perspectives, the player and the GM:

When the player rolls, can the player see the roll, dice and results?
    When the player rolls, can the GM see the player's roll, dice and results?

When the GM rolls, can he see his own roll, dice and results?
    When the GM rolls, can the player see the GM's roll, dice and results?
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; September 15th, 2016 at 16:09.

Thread Information