STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last

Thumbs up DORCore - An Advanced-Beta Release Of A New Ruleset

With the impending release of FGv3.3.4 I have decided to "get this out" to the FG Community and Community Devs so that people can start using it and we can work out the last of the bugs and any new features people want.

Please be aware that this is a pre-release release ie an "advanced"-beta. I've tested things to the point that I believe everything works, so now its time to let everyone else at it to make sure that it all works the way everyone expects it too. As issues are found and new/improved features are requested and completed I'll be updating the Ruleset.

Version

0.9 - Initial Pre-Release
    0.9.1 - Fixed issue #5 (Post #5)
    0.9.2 - Fixed issue #31, #47 and #52
    0.9.3 - Added graphic buttons/controls to invoke Exploding Dice, Pool Dice and Target Numbers
    0.9.4 - Current Version - Added graphic buttons/controls to invoke Kept Dice and Degree Of Success / Raises on Dice Rolls

What Is The DORCore Ruleset

The DORCore (Dulux-Oz Ruleset - Core) Ruleset is a "child" of the CoreRPG with a number of new features and Extensions pre-included. It has been designed to allow it to be used as the basis for any Community-derived (or even FG-Store) Rulesets, existing or new.

What It Is Not

The DORCore is not a replacement for any existing Ruleset (eg MoreCore), except maybe the CoreRPG itself - rather, it can be used to play an RPG the same as the CoreRPG and it can also be used as the "parent" for any new Ruleset that wants to take advantage of the extensive features the DORCore includes.

It can even be used as a "shim" and slipped into a Ruleset Stack between the CoreRPG and an existing Community Ruleset, allowing the existing Community Ruleset access to the DORCore's features with a minimum of effort on the Community Ruleset Developer's part - and I'll be happy to help Community Ruleset Devs in using the DORCore in this way.

DOE Depreciation Notice

With the release of the DORCore support for Community Rulesets within the DOEs is being depreciated. While the DOEs still work with those existing Community Rulesets as listed in the individual DOE Threads, the expectation is that this functionality will be removed for the next release of FG after v3.3.4 (ie in a few months time near the middle of 2018). This will allow the Developers of these Community Rulesets to transition their Ruleset for being a child of the CoreRPG to being a child of the DORCore.

"Standard" FG Rulesets (ie those available via the FG Updater) will not be affected.

The reason this is being done is to consolidate the time and effort that is required to maintain compatibility - basically by doing things this way there will be more time for more features and functions to be included in the DORCore, DOEs and future DORs & DOEs.

This notice is being / will be placed on each of the individual DOE Threads.

Feature List

Each of these features will be explained in further detail below

• All CoreRPG Functionality
    • All The DOEs Pre-Included
    • Universal Die Roller
    • Slash Diecode-help Command
    • Slash Die Hide * Die Reveal Commands
    • Slash Tower Die Command
    • Five Menubar/Sidebar Button Icon Styles
    • Programmatically changeable Menubar/Sidebar Button Colours and Button Icon Colours
    • Full API Documentation (to be completed) - Please PM me in the meantime

All CoreRPG Functionality

The DORCore is built on top of the CoreRPG (it is a child-Ruleset of the CoreRPG Ruleset), so all of the CoreRPG's functions are automatically included in the DORCore.

All The DOEs Pre-Included

All of the existing DOEs are included by default in the DORCore. See the individual FG Forum DOE Threads for details.

Universal Die Roller

A new Universal Die Roller (UDR) is included, accessible via the "/die" command and also programmatically for the Community Ruleset Devs. Every existing possible Die Roll from every published RPG is included (it is believed), including Exploding Dice, Pool Dice and a full suite of Dice Mathematics.

Please note that the UDR does not yet work with "non-standard" die (eg d7, d9, d13, etc).

If, when using this feature, you believe that you have found either a bug, the UDR doesn't perform the way you expect it to behave, and/or it doesn't allow you to roll a particular Dice-Mechanic, then please post here what you were trying to achieve, which Die Code you used and the results you actually obtained - thank you.

Slash Diecode-help Command

All of the UDR Diecodes are available in the FG Chat Window by use of this slash command.

Slash Die Hide & Die Reveal Commands

Slash commands to hide and reveal the Dice Tower

Slash Tower Die Command

Roll dice in the Dice Tower via an FG Chat Window slash command. Will also accept all UDR Dicecodes.

Five Menubar/Sidebar Button Icon Styles

The DORCore includes five different styles of Menubar/Sidebar buttons, selectable from the FG Options Window and available to be programmably set vie the appropriate API function call. Set the style for the genre of RPG you are playing. Styles include: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Oriental, Western and 1930s/Gumshoe. More style are under development. New Icons and Icon Styles can be added programmatically. Note that not all Menubar/Sidebar Button Icons Change when changing Icon Styles.

Programmatically Changeable Menubar/Sidebar Button Colours and Button Icon Colours

The Background Colours, Icons and Icon Colours of all of the Menubar/Sidebar Buttons are all available to be changed and/or added to programmatically via API function calls.

Full API Documentation

Full documentation of all API function calls is available for those Community Devs who wish to use the DORCore and modify their child Ruleset, along with full instructions on how to accomplish this. Note that this is still a work in progress and so at this stage is available upon request (via PM).

Planned Features

• Inclusion of the new Simple-Brown and Simple-Grey Themes.
    • All future DOEs will be included.
    • New Menubar/Sidebar Button Icon Styles.

Suggestions, Improvements And Bugs

Please feel free to post any suggestions, improvements, wishlist features and bugs to this thread and I'll do my best to get them included/resolved as soon as I can.

Previous Downloads:
    • DORCore Ruleset: 73
    Last edited by dulux-oz; February 27th, 2018 at 09:35.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Blog Entries
    Nice work! Will love to see what gets done with this.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

dulux, am I being too optimistic to think this means your DOEs will get rolled into CoreRPG also in 3.4.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    dulux, am I being too optimistic to think this means your DOEs will get rolled into CoreRPG also in 3.4.1?
    Yeah, I don't think that's going to happen - I think it'd be easier to have this and the DOEs delivered via the FG Updater.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Running latest test: 3.3.4
    DORCore: 0.9
    Fantasy theme selected, DORCore decal.

No extensions loaded, no modules loaded.

Repeatable bug:
    Right click a die, select any number of die to throw.
    Throw die in chat window.

Script Error: [string "Core/Scripts/lsDieManager.lua"]:259: attempt to index field 'aRollCodes' (a nil value)

I seem to get the same thing anytime I pick up a die and throw it into the chat.

However, if I type /die 6d20, then all is good, so it's the picking up the die that may be the issue?

Also noticed, that when rolling a die by dragging, it skips debug statements 1, 2 and 3.

Dave

(Obviously I LOVE it, otherwise I wouldn't be inclined to comment on bugs/features)
    Last edited by dberkompas; February 2nd, 2018 at 06:13.
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Can't stop a guy from hoping.

So let me see if I understand this, which I'm tired so that's no guarantee.

You will soon stop supporting a group of extensions that GMs could get and use for their campaigns, and then only support a ruleset that GMs have to find a developer to implement in an extension for the specific ruleset they wish to use your DOE features in? Doesn't this drastically limit who can use the DOE features in their campaigns? I mean, currently the only thing a GM needs is a handful of modules. Are you going to provide a version of each default ruleset merged with this?
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    It has been designed to allow it to be used as the basis for any Community-derived (or even FG-Store) Rulesets, existing or new.
    Also, it's been a while since I looked at a DOE module, but last I saw there was a large copyright notice slapped on it preventing people from sharing any content that used any part of a DOE extension. (I believe the phase was 'for personal use only'.) Does this ruleset not have the same copyright? Are people allowed to share 'Community-derived Rulesets' made with this, or are they still for personal use only (meaning each GM is on their own to figure out how to mod their ruleset to use this).
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by dberkompas View Post
    Running latest test: 3.3.4
    DORCore: 0.9
    Fantasy theme selected, DORCore decal.

No extensions loaded, no modules loaded.

Repeatable bug:
    Right click a die, select any number of die to throw.
    Throw die in chat window.

Script Error: [string "Core/Scripts/lsDieManager.lua"]:259: attempt to index field 'aRollCodes' (a nil value)

I seem to get the same thing anytime I pick up a die and throw it into the chat.

However, if I type /die 6d20, then all is good, so it's the picking up the die that may be the issue?

Also noticed, that when rolling a die by dragging, it skips debug statements 1, 2 and 3.

Dave

(Obviously I LOVE it, otherwise I wouldn't be inclined to comment on bugs/features)
    Damn, I thought I'd fixed that - I'll get it sorted asap.

Thanks Dave
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

@Nick,

Your more appropriate response would be, "WOW! Thanks, this is amazing."

Dave
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Thread Information