FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 81 of 91 First ... 31717980818283 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by eriktedesco View Post
    Thanks for the headup, Egheal! I got Kenku and Voicemeeter Banana and I'm going to tinker with them. But how to I connect VLC with Kenku? Apart from streaming sound, do Kenku support trigger and stuff?

As far as I have understood, VLC is not gonna pass through Kenko, and the latter is not suited to support trigger and stuff, right? So, how am I going to use VLC for trigger and stuff? Will I use VLC for triggers and Kenko for ambient sounds?
    any suggestion?

You can find all your Inputs and Outputs into Kenku. If, for example, VLC is played by your "Cable-B Output (VB Audio Cable B)" then select this Cable-B Output in Kenku and the sound played by VLC will be heard into Discord.
    Here is a photo of my setup, I hope it could help. config son 03 2022.png

Quote Originally Posted by Egheal View Post
    You can find all your Inputs and Outputs into Kenku. If, for example, VLC is played by your "Cable-B Output (VB Audio Cable B)" then select this Cable-B Output in Kenku and the sound played by VLC will be heard into Discord.
    Thanks a lot! now I have an idea of what to do. I'll try to play around for a bit and see if I'm able to combine all the program in a useful way.

Quote Originally Posted by Egheal View Post
    Hi Egheal! I hope everything is fine on your side!

I have now a setup that is pretty much identical to yours. However, I'm experiencing a strange and irritating loop and sounds from Syringscape play like they are slowed down.

Is your proposed setup 100% correct? I'm sure that I'm missing something but I really don't know what. Any suggestion?

Thank you very much for your patience!

Hi, is there somewhere I could look to find code/commands to create triggers - what I'm trying to do is setup various sounds to play when deifferent spells or attacks are made. Can anyone help a guy out.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Darth 66 View Post
    Hi, is there somewhere I could look to find code/commands to create triggers - what I'm trying to do is setup various sounds to play when deifferent spells or attacks are made. Can anyone help a guy out.

Thanks in advance.
    Celestion gives a nice demonstration that explains the triggers in his video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZygHbVCfRKA&t=1s

The triggers are probably somewhere 15 minutes into the video. Basically, the extension reads the last couple of lines of the chat window and will capture whatever words you tell it to look for to trigger a sound. So if you want to capture the sound of a longsword hit, then you would create the trigger, add 'attack', 'longsword' and 'hit' as words to trigger the sound. There are some wildcards like adding a '.' before or after the word. So if you want the same sound for any sword, then the word you want to have it trigger from would be ".sword". This way it will trigger with a shortsword, longsword etc. He explains all this in the video.

Thanks, I'll have a play as I seem to get sounds now playing that I setup for other triggers. Have you ever had that issue? Is it my coding or is it Syrinescape?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Darth 66 View Post
    Thanks, I'll have a play as I seem to get sounds now playing that I setup for other triggers. Have you ever had that issue? Is it my coding or is it Syrinescape?
    Most likely the triggers are too general and are getting picked up with different rolls. Also, you may have to disable some if you are using the triggers that Celestion created. There is an extension I like for handling ammunition (ammunition manager). It comes with a toggle in the settings to add the item that is used to the attack roll. You don't necessarily need it because Celestion's extension reads the last couple of chat lines. So you might get the chat line with the action taken and another chat line with the results. One may have the item used and the other may tell you whether it hits. You have to make sure your triggers are unique to the action taken and don't overlap with any others. So look for unique keywords (usually the item used makes it unique and is good for determining the sound to use).

I usually set up a test campaign and load the sounds extension. Then I add a few PC's and give them a bunch of weapons and spells. Then I play with the triggers to get it right.

I just started playing around with this and of course they had a big backwards compatibility breaking update to FGU. I am using Syrinscape Fantasy Player and some of the sounds work but some do not. I was able to find the excel sheet from Syrinscape and the values in the demo module are correct for the broken ones. I don't understand why some would work and some don't. For example, none of the Bugbear Battle sounds will play but Brindol Town seems to work. It seems real random as to which ones work and which ones don't.

Any ideas as to what might be going on?

Please ignore that! I actually figured it out myself. After watching tutorials and playing around with things, I figured out how to turn on 3rd Party App Integration mode in Syrinscape (you can do this by simply hitting the + key with focus in the app. esc to cancel) and the ones that aren't working seem to have different shortcuts but by copying them from the app, I have it working! Thanks for a great mod! I'm working to get this all integrated into my game. Should be fun.

Thread Information