STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrin View Post
    Ya know I was wondering why Fantasy Grounds doesn't appear as a game category on twitch, and it appears they copy Giantbomb.com database, which the entry for Fantasy Grounds is only a stub. I bet if you guys fleshed out the wiki entry there, you could get Fantasy Grounds as a Twitch Category.
    True. Fantasy Grounds really should have it's own category on Twitch. Roll20 has it's own category, as does Tabletop Simulator.

Also, Twitch needs a generic Tabletop RPG category. Currently all they have is D&D.

Blog Entries
    I just submitted some edits for GiantBomb, so hopefully this will get approved and add the option for Fantasy Grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by CryAxe View Post
    True. Fantasy Grounds really should have it's own category on Twitch. Roll20 has it's own category, as does Tabletop Simulator.

Also, Twitch needs a generic Tabletop RPG category. Currently all they have is D&D.

The Dungeons & Dragons community as a whole is a very very small population of folks compared to the larger channels like World of Warcraft, DOTA 2, and League of Legends. When that small community which already has a small viewer base in the first place is split (like in the case of when Roll20 broke off of the D&D channel) then you have an already small base of viewers get even smaller. Now you have two teeny tiny directory's instead of one smaller directory.

Most folks do not even know there is a Dungeons & Dragons directory, let alone a Roll20 directory, Pathfinder directory, etc.
    Last edited by David32780; August 17th, 2016 at 22:37.

Quote Originally Posted by David32780 View Post
    The Dungeons & Dragons community as a whole is a very very small population of folks compared to the larger channels like World of Warcraft, DOTA 2, and League of Legends. When that small community which already has a small viewer base in the first place is split (like in the case of when Roll20 broke off of the D&D channel) then you have an already small base of viewers get even smaller. Now you have two teeny tiny directory's instead of one smaller directory.

Most folks do not even know there is a Dungeons & Dragons directory, let alone a Roll20 directory, Pathfinder directory, etc.
    Agreed. However, the default category shouldn't be named for any specific product line, but is descriptive of the genre at large.
    BTW, thanks for streaming these adventures.
    Last edited by CryAxe; August 19th, 2016 at 00:45.

Right, people running another system under DnD, with the exception of Pathfinder, have issues keeping a viewer long than it takes to ask the question. "what is this?"

A Fantasy Grounds Category would be nice for other things to, like weekly demos. Advertise them across social media, link to the twitch and hold a weekly software demonstration. Interactive, I wouldn't even save the videos to youtube. Keep each one fresh. And the answers relevant to the viewers at hand. Give away a month subscription (ultimate-so they expose their other friends) at the end of each demo.

The problem of splitting up the community, while significant, can be answered by funneling this community over there. Maybe through a series of giveaways, not the main product line or anything, but most of the communities and people with thousands of followers have giveaways frequently. And during these peak user times, the category will show higher on the browse page of Twitch, with the forum community in attendance for the giveaway. Which I would study peak times on twitch for other tabletops and do the promotional stuff then to climb up the browse page. Other Tabletoppers will see the category check it out, maybe stay for the giveaway.

From my perspective, twitch is an excellent marketing tool. With so many possibilities. Now don't get me wrong, when your running actual DnD or even Pathfinder you should be under the DnD category rather than the Fantasy Grounds one to snag viewers. That just makes sense, but things that are not DnD? I wouldn't try and put off as DnD. And a catch-all category for tabletop, that everything else can fall into, would be great. Why not make it Fantasy Grounds.
    Last edited by Ferrin; August 19th, 2016 at 18:46.

I should say, are the two tutorial streams going to be on YouTube. I'd really like to watch them in order.
    Last edited by Talley Darkstar; August 26th, 2016 at 01:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Talley Darkstar View Post
    I should say, are the two tutorial streams going to be on YouTube. I'd really like to watch them in order.
    Hey Talley

You can see them on the Highlights section of the Twitch channel. Each session has a numbered thumbnail so you can find them easily. You will also be able to search for the workshop tag for when there are a lot more video's in the section in the future.

Workshop 1 - https://www.twitch.tv/fantasygrounds/v/84366663

Workshop 2 - https://www.twitch.tv/fantasygrounds/v/85753739

Enjoy

Hey Talley

You can see them on the Highlights section of the Twitch channel. Each session has a numbered thumbnail so you can find them easily. You will also be able to search for the workshop tag for when there are a lot more video's in the section in the future.

Workshop 1 - https://www.twitch.tv/fantasygrounds/v/84366663

Workshop 2 - https://www.twitch.tv/fantasygrounds/v/85753739

Enjoy
    Cool, maybe I just didn't look hard enough or something. Ah well. Cool. Anyways, sorry I haven't been around. The woman has been doing a lot better so we've been going quite a bit. And now, planning our second wedding. We postponed our first one due to her health, so that's been a lot as well as the regular stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Talley Darkstar View Post
    Cool, maybe I just didn't look hard enough or something. Ah well. Cool. Anyways, sorry I haven't been around. The woman has been doing a lot better so we've been going quite a bit. And now, planning our second wedding. We postponed our first one due to her health, so that's been a lot as well as the regular stuff.
    Awesome man, Im glad to hear that!

Party on Garth!

Awesome man, Im glad to hear that!

Party on Garth!
    So I'm going to direct a new FG user to your vids. He loves it! We didn't have much time to talk about everything that's going on yet, but once we do, I think he'll love it even more.

Party on Wayne!
    Last edited by Talley Darkstar; August 27th, 2016 at 16:21.

Thread Information