DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 47 of 54 First ... 374546474849 ... Last
    Yeah, I've been coming to that conclusion. I had just assumed they worked differently because the wiki listed it separately, and I assumed it worked properly. I was trying to code/fix an NPC from Tome of Beasts 3 and I thought I was doing something wrong. Had to dig out the Unicorn, and found that no, it was doing the same thing. After I posted, I noticed that the parsed effect was the same as an effect that heals others. Assumed it was leaving off a tag, but couldn't find any reference to a HEAL SELF (or equivalent)

Quote Originally Posted by dbachen View Post
    Herbalism Kit (PHB) -- Exists as an item, but not on the list of adventurer's gear where the other kits are listed. So when you are using the hermit background and click the adv gear table link, it doesn't show up and you have to go find it manually.
    Although it has Kit in its name the herbalism kit is listed under tools. You can use the filter at the bottom of the items list to select tools or go to the library and click on Equipment and then tools to find it more easily (or just type herb into the search bar).

Note also that if you are using the character wizard you automatically get a herbalism kit added to your inventory.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; November 30th, 2022 at 10:05.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

So I see. I'll let the Character Wizard developer know.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Mach5RR View Post
    The effect for NPCs Healing themselves, actually heals the NPCs target and not the NPC.
    As an example, the Unicorn has a a Legendary Action of "Heal Self", which contains the description "The unicorn magically regains 11 (2d8 + 2) hit points." This matches the 5e Fantasy Ground Effects Wiki which states for Basic Healing "The <creature name> regains ndn hit points or The <creature name> regains x hit points." But clicking on the Unicorn self heal actually restores the target, and does nothing if you have no target selected (except for targeting yourself I suppose).
    This is expected behaviour. The wording doesn't create any targeting information (for this or any other effect created by parsing text mostly). In order to use the effect drag and drop it onto the Unicorn and it will heal the NPC correctly.

Note I am very new to FG.
    Version Fantasy: Grounds Unity v4.3.1 ULTIMATE
    So I was just messing around and learning how to use this software.
    There is a module I am going to run (Curse of Strahd), I haven't looked that far just trying to prepare myself for the starting area (Barovia). I have this weird issue of not being able to find common information that is needed to run some of the locations. So as of now, I am using a pdf book of Curse of Strahd to read out of.

This is an example of my issue.

Load up the game. Story tab Chapter 3: village of Barovia - player map. At this point, you can see red pins for the locations and the pins let
    you know more about one of the locations on the map.

If I want to know about E5 Church it comes with all the information, the map, and the detail of the church, NPCs at the Church
    And then we have E7 Haunted House - this is what the pin tells me "This haunted house is described in Appendix B, "Death House" it has one link " Appendix B: Death House". This leads to misc information no map no introduction to the house as in the book "Curse of Strahd". In the Book "Curse of Strahd" Appendix B, page 211, has a ton of information.
    Not like you can't find the map... I just find it strange.

Update: Chapter 3 doesn't link the "Village of Barovia" map I linked it myself.....

Update: I found where all the missing information is....
    Story - "SoC 18. Appendix B: Death House"... not to be confused with "18.00 Appendix B: Death House".....
    Last edited by PinkTopazPanda; December 2nd, 2022 at 06:43.

Dmg 5e

In the Reference Tab Chapter 8 running the game - combat, the text blends in its white on the white paper image.

It could be the fact I'm slightly color-blind but white on white is a strange choice.

Also, there is a post I made about the Curse of Strahd... I don't think it was a proper post like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkTopazPanda View Post
    Note I am very new to FG.
    Version Fantasy: Grounds Unity v4.3.1 ULTIMATE
    So I was just messing around and learning how to use this software.
    There is a module I am going to run (Curse of Strahd), I haven't looked that far just trying to prepare myself for the starting area (Barovia). I have this weird issue of not being able to find common information that is needed to run some of the locations. So as of now, I am using a pdf book of Curse of Strahd to read out of.

This is an example of my issue.

Load up the game. Story tab Chapter 3: village of Barovia - player map. At this point, you can see red pins for the locations and the pins let
    you know more about one of the locations on the map.

If I want to know about E5 Church it comes with all the information, the map, and the detail of the church, NPCs at the Church
    And then we have E7 Haunted House - this is what the pin tells me "This haunted house is described in Appendix B, "Death House" it has one link " Appendix B: Death House". This leads to misc information no map no introduction to the house as in the book "Curse of Strahd". In the Book "Curse of Strahd" Appendix B, page 211, has a ton of information.
    Not like you can't find the map... I just find it strange.

Update: Chapter 3 doesn't link the "Village of Barovia" map I linked it myself.....

Update: I found where all the missing information is....
    Story - "SoC 18. Appendix B: Death House"... not to be confused with "18.00 Appendix B: Death House".....
    I checked this and the link to the Death house links to the correct place both from the story entry and from the reference manual. See my image attached. Is this not what you see?

The link is just to the first page of the appendix - you can click on the arrows at the bottom of the page to move through each entry. The battlemap link appears in story entry 18.03.00. The easiest way to read through the adventure is to use the reference manual. Click on the Curse of Strahd thumbnail in the library window and then on the Reference manual entry. You can then use the index there to move back and forward through the adventure. See image attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; December 2nd, 2022 at 09:34.

In the Reference Tab Chapter 8 running the game - combat, the text blends in its white on the white paper image.

It could be the fact I'm slightly color-blind but white on white is a strange choice.

Also, there is a post I made about the Curse of Strahd... I don't think it was a proper post like this one.
    I'm not seeing this. The most likely reason why you would see white on white text is that you have two themes installed. On the start screen make sure that you only have one theme ticked in the extensions list.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I checked I have "Theme: FG Dark" and "Feature D&D - Offical Language Font." Capture01.png

I checked I have "Theme: FG Dark" and "Feature D&D - Offical Language Font."
    Ah, ok. I'll make sure Josh gets to know about that.

Thread Information