DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Modifiers

Modifiers

When I create a modifier in the modifier popup and click it it does not add nor subtract anything from the next roll. Is that possible? I am testing with some npcs I have on the combat tracker.

Xargun

Quote Originally Posted by Xargun View Post
    When I create a modifier in the modifier popup and click it it does not add nor subtract anything from the next roll. Is that possible? I am testing with some npcs I have on the combat tracker.

Xargun
    Hi Xargun,

Modifiers need to be understood by the ruleset,

Give examples of what modifiers you've been adding and Ill see what I can do.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi Xargun,

Modifiers need to be understood by the ruleset,

Give examples of what modifiers you've been adding and Ill see what I can do.

Cheers,
    MBM
    I simply added a modifier for a P-Hud on a weapon and gave it a +1. When I click on it to apply it to the next roll nothing happens. Would a screen shot help?

Xargun

Quote Originally Posted by Xargun View Post
    I simply added a modifier for a P-Hud on a weapon and gave it a +1. When I click on it to apply it to the next roll nothing happens. Would a screen shot help?

Xargun
    Unless there is a situation where it might not be working I would edit the weapon to have a +1 to hit by default.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Unless there is a situation where it might not be working I would edit the weapon to have a +1 to hit by default.
    You can edit an item to give it a built-in modifier to attack ?

Xargun

I'm sorry, I am wrong. I had thought there was a general modifier option in the weapon group but I am mistaken.

That being said, MBM, maybe a general to hit modifier box might be helpful. It would also allow for the creation of specially balanced weapons with to-hit improvements, and that sort of other ref added coolness.

Well if I general mod is needed just use the desktop mods.

What we're after here is something that I've thought about and am playing around atm with the Armour. The ability to modify a weapon, ie drag a laser sight onto it for a +1 to hit.

So my thinking at the moment as I've struggled with the armour, is to give you the ability to add a mod directly to a weapon, which rolls though, ie like a trait.

Anyway let me think more, I've been stuck on the Spacecraft CT all weekend, the targetting just isn't working, so I need to get to the bottom of that and then I'll be in position to release v1.1.4 in it's current form, which then means you can use the Spacecraft CT extensions once it's released.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Well if I general mod is needed just use the desktop mods.

What we're after here is something that I've thought about and am playing around atm with the Armour. The ability to modify a weapon, ie drag a laser sight onto it for a +1 to hit.

So my thinking at the moment as I've struggled with the armour, is to give you the ability to add a mod directly to a weapon, which rolls though, ie like a trait.

Anyway let me think more, I've been stuck on the Spacecraft CT all weekend, the targetting just isn't working, so I need to get to the bottom of that and then I'll be in position to release v1.1.4 in it's current form, which then means you can use the Spacecraft CT extensions once it's released.

Cheers,
    MBM
    The main reason I think that a misc mod entry would be useful is that I have a player that often needs to be told to do things like that before every roll, so it would be easier to just put a mod into the weapon (like just in the action tab, doesn't need to be the actual item)...

Thread Information